What should our views be on LGBT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

I'm not sure a distinction was made in the OP about the person being saved or not. That changes everything. I had a friend who is now passed who had been an alcoholic. He struggled with it till the day he died. I have no doubt he was a born again Christian. I know he is in heaven today.

just checked the op and apparently the question was ' what should the views of a Christian be regarding LGBT

well the view is the same as with any sin, but I believe you are correct regarding your summation of sexual sin

the Bible does make a distinction

your friend needed help he did not get. God knows his heart. I agree he is finally free of his sin and 'in heaven'

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Many years ago I encountered someone in a chatroom. We were thick as thieves and over time the same was true was of her partner. She was bipolar and when she was on the brink of losing everything I intervened. Striking a bargain with her partner and asking for one year.

I loved and comforted her. My daily companionship was intermingled with tough love. I wasn’t in Christ but I loved them both and eventually the cloud lifted. She healed and no longer required medicine.

I never knew they’d repay me. Years down the road the road when I found my way to God and experiencing spiritual torment and vexation. I reached out to them. Without thinking. Devoid of consideration. There lone concern was me.

They stood shoulder to shoulder with my friends. Taking the blows. Enduring the same on my behalf. It took a year before the Lord delivered me.

How many would have given 365 days of unselfish service without complaint? My friends were moved by something bigger than themselves. And when Satan is in your face you’ll quickly learn who’s in your corner.

Their love sustained me in my fear and weakness. They were the difference. And when the rubber meets the road, I’ll take the courageous soul in my corner every time. Who’ll go to the mat again and again.

My role is love and light. I know my place. And He rewarded my kindness and service to her many times over. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Many years ago I encountered someone in a chatroom. We were thick as thieves and over time the same was true was of her partner. She was bipolar and when she was on the brink of losing everything I intervened. Striking a bargain with her partner and asking for one year.
I am wondering why this is in this thread. Was the partner a lesbian woman?

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I am wondering why this is in this thread. Was the partner a lesbian woman?
Yes, they were gay. As my experience illustrates, love covers a multitude of sins. My friends weren’t Christians and I’d just found my way back to God. Nevertheless, every one of them stood with me. Much like I’d supported them. And I wasn’t Christian at the time either.

I was reared with a sense of place and that was a common message then. One of the reasons people fail in their ministry to others is the absence of place. You can’t address hard truths or difficult subjects without it. You haven’t earned that right and when its missing the message is rebuffed or ignored.

But access doesn’t mean we deliver the message. Oftentimes the closer you are to the person the greater the necessity for love and demonstrating your faith. You impact them best through authenticity not preaching. And you have to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s movement.

K

kaylagrl

Yes, they were gay. As my experience illustrates, love covers a multitude of sins. My friends weren’t Christians and I’d just found my way back to God. Nevertheless, every one of them stood with me. Much like I’d supported them. And I wasn’t Christian at the time either.

I was reared with a sense of place and that was a common message then. One of the reasons people fail in their ministry to others is the absence of place. You can’t address hard truths or difficult subjects without it. You haven’t earned that right and when its missing the message is rebuffed or ignored.

But access doesn’t mean we deliver the message. Oftentimes the closer you are to the person the greater the necessity for love and demonstrating your faith. You impact them best through authenticity not preaching. And you have to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s movement.

While I agree you need discernment, not everyone is able to have a long relationship, as you had with your friends. There is nothing wrong with telling the person the truth in love, no matter the sin. I've told a story here before of when I use to travel in ministry with my family. One morning service my father began to preach on how homosexuality was a sin. I thought it was odd that he was preaching that to a church that seemed to be full of saved people. When the service was done and people were asked to come forward for prayer a good looking young man came forward, tears in his eyes. He was saved that morning. He was about to move in with his partner. He said he hadn't known that homosexuality was a sin. The people in that church had been praying for his salvation. It's never a wrong time to share the truth of the Gospel. You don't know when that person could slip into eternity. Speak the truth in love and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
While I agree you need discernment, not everyone is able to have a long relationship, as you had with your friends. There is nothing wrong with telling the person the truth in love, no matter the sin. I've told a story here before of when I use to travel in ministry with my family. One morning service my father began to preach on how homosexuality was a sin. I thought it was odd that he was preaching that to a church that seemed to be full of saved people. When the service was done and people were asked to come forward for prayer a good looking young man came forward, tears in his eyes. He was saved that morning. He was about to move in with his partner. He said he hadn't known that homosexuality was a sin. The people in that church had been praying for his salvation. It's never a wrong time to share the truth of the Gospel. You don't know when that person could slip into eternity. Speak the truth in love and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.
Oftentimes the truth isn’t the issue. Its communicating it in love that is the problem. I’ve been on the receiving end of Christian exuberance. If it weren’t for the love I encountered in a Jewish synagogue, I’d be an atheist today. That was the difference.

I’m glad your father heeded the Spirit and led the young man to faith.

K

kaylagrl

Oftentimes the truth isn’t the issue. Its communicating it in love that is the problem. I’ve been on the receiving end of Christian exuberance. If it weren’t for the love I encountered in a Jewish synagogue, I’d be an atheist today. That was the difference.

I’m glad your father heeded the Spirit and led the young man to faith.

Yes, I do agree, discernment is key and not everyone has it or understands the importance of how to talk to someone in love. You can't beat someone about the head with the Bible. We're all sinners, saved by grace. Keeping that in mind is a big help. I heard someone say the church is a hospital where broken people come for healing. We need to keep in mind we were all once lost and broken.

presidente

May 29, 2013

There are many people who are living in some kind of sin who are capable of showing great kindness and doing other good things. There are adulterers and fornicators who fall into this category.

Of course that does not justify sin. God is a holy God.

Mar 28, 2016
Like all moral laws that the government puts their stamp of approval on. The acronym LGBT is growing as it loses that which was once thought of for "closet privacy get it out in the open. " .The work of Satan the god of this world working to make the word of God without effect.

Like in the only thing many of mankind does not learn about is history is why history repeats itself. .At the end of any empire or family. It reveals moral issues become less important and if it feels good do it. Like Cain and his brother Abel it becomes the greater

LGBTQ a newer one and LGBTQP is fighting for its right to go public and parade around their sexual preference .People use the term queer (Q) because it's not specific to sexual choice or to gender identity but is more of an term that can encompass many people,

P the upcoming hope standing for pedophiles They also claiming that is the way they were made .

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
There are many people who are living in some kind of sin who are capable of showing great kindness and doing other good things. There are adulterers and fornicators who fall into this category.

Of course that does not justify sin. God is a holy God.
Everyone sins. Including those who know God. But knowing Him doesn’t give us a monopoly on love, kindness or grace.

Sometimes knowledge creates an excited air within the person. They’re eager to share with others and swift to help. They want everyone to know, try, or experience the thing they’re excited about.

There are those whose knowledge creates a different response. It exudes superiority and emphasizes difference. It draws them towards others like themselves. And lends a feeling of specialness because they aren’t like everyone else. The outsiders. The lesser. The clueless.

I’ve encountered both in Christian circles. The thing about love and pride are the peculiarity of their scents. They’re unmistakable and you know them immediately.

It would be pitiable to exude the latter while proclaiming the first. :)

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Jerry Bridges wrote a wonderful book that’s worth reading if you’re ministering on difficult subjects. It’s called Respectable Sins. Here’s a summary:

Have Christians become so preoccupied with the major sins of our society that we have lost sight of our need to deal with our own more subtle sins? Jerry Bridges returns to his trademark theme of holiness and addresses a dozen clusters of specific "acceptable" sins that we tend to tolerate in ourselves - such as jealousy, anger, pride, unthankfulness, and judgmentalism.

Jerry writes not from a height of spiritual accomplishment but from the trenches of his own battles with sin. In his admonitions, Jerry offers a message of hope in the profound mercy of the gospel and the transforming grace of God as the means to overcoming our subtle sins.

If you lead a small group or Bible class, don't miss the companion discussion guide for this important book. See inside for details.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Everyone sins. Including those who know God. But knowing Him doesn’t give us a monopoly on love, kindness or grace.

Sometimes knowledge creates an excited air within the person. They’re eager to share with others and swift to help. They want everyone to know, try, or experience the thing they’re excited about.

There are those whose knowledge creates a different response. It exudes superiority and emphasizes difference. It draws them towards others like themselves. And lends a feeling of specialness because they aren’t like everyone else. The outsiders. The lesser. The clueless.

I’ve encountered both in Christian circles. The thing about love and pride are the peculiarity of their scents. They’re unmistakable and you know them immediately.

It would be pitiable to exude the latter while proclaiming the first. :)
One cannot justify sin by saying "everyone sins" Including those who know God". Living out a sexual preference as a lifestyle while knowing it is sin and justify it as acceptable because God loves one. That is not Biblical Romans 2 speaks clearly of God's Righteous Judgment and You will read there how if one judges another and doing the same thing God is not mocked. He will judge them both.

God is Holy and His Love does not accept sin because HE is also Holy. Nor does accepting Jesus, excuse the practice of open disobedience because of human reasoning interjected by some false narrative. It is not exuded superiority or the drawing of one to another like themselves is it Sin and lust. No different than the adultery, drunkard. the fornicator who all WHO practice such thing WILL NOT INHERIT the Kingdom of God. And those who teach others to do such things shall give greater judgment, and so will the nation who practice this evil before the Lord.

Perverting the Love of God is to a great Sin because it associates a Holy God with sin, not from sin.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
One cannot justify sin by saying "everyone sins" Including those who know God". Living out a sexual preference as a lifestyle while knowing it is sin and justify it as acceptable because God loves one. That is not Biblical Romans 2 speaks clearly of God's Righteous Judgment and You will read there how if one judges another and doing the same thing God is not mocked. He will judge them both.

God is Holy and His Love does not accept sin because HE is also Holy. Nor does accepting Jesus, excuse the practice of open disobedience because of human reasoning interjected by some false narrative. It is not exuded superiority or the drawing of one to another like themselves is it Sin and lust. No different than the adultery, drunkard. the fornicator who all WHO practice such thing WILL NOT INHERIT the Kingdom of God. And those who teach others to do such things shall give greater judgment, and so will the nation who practice this evil before the Lord.

Perverting the Love of God is to a great Sin because it associates a Holy God with sin, not from sin.
There was no justification of sin in my response. The bible says a just man sins seven times daily. Acknowledging the reality of our behavior in light of our beliefs isn’t wrong. We ask for forgiveness for a reason.

CS1

May 23, 2012
There was no justification of sin in my response. The bible says a just man sins seven times daily. Acknowledging the reality of our behavior in light of our beliefs isn’t wrong. We ask for forgiveness for a reason.
the Bible does not say " just man sins seven times daily" Prov 24:16 says

"for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

This is a Contrast between the Righteous and the wicked.

The righteous do not
instinctually, or intentionally fall, however, the wicked direction of walk causes them to stumble and when calamity strikes they are snared because they are not walking correctly before the Lord. That is the meaning.
To ask forgiveness and return to the act of Sin is not true repentance it is what Hebrew chapter 6.

We are not to judge those but encourage them to seek to be liberated BY Christ from the sin which is our reasonable assurance HE will.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
the Bible does not say " just man sins seven times daily" Prov 24:16 says

"for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

This is a Contrast between the Righteous and the wicked.

The righteous do not
instinctually, or intentionally fall, however, the wicked direction of walk causes them to stumble and when calamity strikes they are snared because they are not walking correctly before the Lord. That is the meaning.
To ask forgiveness and return to the act of Sin is not true repentance it is what Hebrew chapter 6.

We are not to judge those but encourage them to seek to be liberated BY Christ from the sin which is our reasonable assurance HE will.
Nevertheless, your assumption was wrong. Quoting scripture doesn’t alter that. You could have asked what I meant instead. :)

CS1

May 23, 2012
Nevertheless, your assumption was wrong. Quoting scripture doesn’t alter that. You could have asked what I meant instead. :)
I am not needing to ask what you meant I am explaining the idea of a righteous man falling seven times and the association with those who practice sin.

You said:

"Everyone sins. Including those who know God. But knowing Him doesn’t give us a monopoly on love, kindness or grace."

"There are those whose knowledge creates a different response. It exudes superiority and emphasizes differences. It draws them towards others like themselves. And lends a feeling of specialness because they aren’t like everyone else. The outsiders. The lesser. The clueless.
"
"Have Christians become so preoccupied with the major sins of our society that we have lost sight of our need to deal with our own more subtle sins?"

You may not know this but this is really a type of gay apologetics for deflecting to others sines over that of homosexuality. And if me quoting scripture does not alter the context then please tell me how your's does?

I will ask you is there such a thing as a Gay Christian who still practices the sin of Homosexuality? yes or no, please?

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I am not needing to ask what you meant I am explaining the idea of a righteous man falling seven times and the association with those who practice sin.

You said:

"Everyone sins. Including those who know God. But knowing Him doesn’t give us a monopoly on love, kindness or grace."

"There are those whose knowledge creates a different response. It exudes superiority and emphasizes differences. It draws them towards others like themselves. And lends a feeling of specialness because they aren’t like everyone else. The outsiders. The lesser. The clueless.
"
"Have Christians become so preoccupied with the major sins of our society that we have lost sight of our need to deal with our own more subtle sins?"

You may not know this but this is really a type of gay apologetics for deflecting to others sines over that of homosexuality. And if me quoting scripture does not alter the context then please tell me how your's does?

I will ask you is there such a thing as a Gay Christian who still practices the sin of Homosexuality? yes or no, please?
I’m not advocating homosexuality. And if my response leads you to that conclusion because my vernacular doesn’t meet your approval or mirror your own. I can’t help you. I’ve answered you once and won’t go around the mulberry bush.

You’ve reached this conclusion of your own volition. Swaying your opinion has no appeal. There’s no payoff. You are free to think what you wish. Spending time going back and forth on a non-issue is pointless.