What should we do as young Christians?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2011
I have been noticing that most of my friends now want nothing to do with the bible. I try to get some of my church friends and some of my siblings involved with some bible studies. I love reading and studying so much. To be to honest I carry my bible in my purse and whip it out anytime I can because I love reading it so much. People keep telling me that I am to overwhelming or i'm being too religious. But I don't feel like that at all. I just have a lot of passion for God but sometimes I don't know where I can direct all of this energy. Our church does not have anything for people my age. I am the youngest person in my church sometimes I feel like the older people think i'm to childish or to immature for working in the church. I feel like I am almost being spiritually caged.

SO my question is how can young Christians take all of that pent up energy and put it to use?

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
:) You sound like me. I carry a Bible in my purse, I love to discuss God's Word and study and live for Him. The lack of finding even adults that want to do what you mention above is difficult. So, what do you do?

I create my own Bible Studies and I post them on my YouTube channel. I have multiple Facebook pages (you can see them in my signature below), and I am posting podcasts now. I guess what I'm saying is find a way to utilize social media for now and seek God's desire for you. You can blog (create a free one at wordpress.com), use your Facebook page to share verses and spark conversations...there's so much! If you would like, you can always contact me and if you are on Facebook, you can follow one (or all) of my pages and post some things there. Maybe you'll get some folks interested in discussion on there. :) You can add me as a friend here and PM me to pray for you anytime. :)

The most important thing is to never let that passion die. So few have it. Hold onto it. :) God will do great things in you and through you if you do. :)

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I think prayer is a good thing to always do. The world has a lot of bad things going on, a lot that we aren't even or will never be aware of. I think the best thing to do is pray for the lost. Pray for more sowers in the field. And then there's nothing wrong with a little praise and worship while doing stuff as well :D :D I used to love to sing and listen to christian music while doing chores around the house.

W

wwjd_kilden

How to put pent up energy to use?
Hmmm..

- Volunteer work
- Go hiking (hillwalking)
- Exercise / arrange activities (maybe in a Christian setting, with a short sermon or something?)