What songs have "spoken" to you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Music.... I am watching a documentary on Venatum and it played a song of song, Whiter Shade of Pale, by Procol Harum...

They have played a lot of songs by Dylan, the Beatles as a child I did not get the depth of, but I do now!!! They cry out... Loud in hindsight...

Even as a Christian, I was getting divorced on a Monday, but for the first time ever in my church we sang the hym, Be cause He Lives I Can Face Tomarrow"... and it alone SPOKE DEEP WITHIN MY SOUL...

Music does have "life".... Tells a story... What songs have "spoken" to you?

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
So many... "Be still, my soul," for one.

Jul 16, 2018

I can remember as a child my mother and I would be watching a Gospel music show on tv while we would be getting ready for church and every time this video would come on it would move me to tears. And that has not changed, every time I hear this song it just moves me.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013

I can remember as a child my mother and I would be watching a Gospel music show on tv while we would be getting ready for church and every time this video would come on it would move me to tears. And that has not changed, every time I hear this song it just moves me.
Amen!! What a GREAT SONG!!!! HE ROSE!!!!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I LOVE songs that quote Scripture!!! And what perfect picture a a new born outside of utero!!!
yes!!! so with melody in our hearts we can sing them!!!

you will love this one too sis :)

sing it with me, with all the saints :D ♪♫

C

chongjasmine

Blessed be your name by Matt Redman had spoken to me.
Also, many songs by Graham kendrick speak to me, as well.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Here are two songs:

Come to the Altar

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/He has Come for Us

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Different songs during different periods of my life. God speaks to us through songs a lot.

When I was going through infertility "Small Bump" by Ed Sheeran. In it he describes a fetus with daddy's hair and mommy's eyes and all that. It ends by saying "Cause you were just a small bump unborn for 4 months, then torn from life. Maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware as why." It describes our pain and lack of understanding for terrible events such as these.

I'm really into dreams so "Dream" by Imagine Dragons speaks to me. "We all are living in a dream, but life ain't what it seems. Everything's a mess." Again showing our lack of understanding about painful things in this world. Also "living in a dream" can be philosophical since it's hard to tell a difference between the dream world and realty.

For Christian music I love anything by Sons of Korah. They take psalms and make me hear them like never before. Psalm 91 is my favorite.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
During the month of July at my church, we been having camp meeting Sunday. Last Sunday we sung a song called "At Calvary. At times I just like to read the words to the song, like this one. The words really touched me knowing what Lord done for me.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! mcubed... PTL!
I don't really listen to music, but there is a song that I just can't wait to hear!
Zeph 3:17 "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty, he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy. he will rest in his love. he will joy over thee with singing."
I imagine the throne room in New Jerusalem to be large enough to contain the entire angelic host along with all of the faithful from Adam to the last one to repent before the Great White Throne judgment at the end of this age. I picture our Father, rejoicing over us all with a song of joy while we glory in his presence. Jesus come quickly!
Maranatha!

S

selfdissolving

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Signs. He's alive!, put your hands in man who stilled the waters, rainy day women, I'd like to teach the world to sing. & amazing grace!

R

renewed_hope

I absolutely love this song

ChristyAnn

Aug 4, 2018
"How great thou art " by Carey Underwood ,also "Lifesong" , Casting Crowns. Some Lauren Daigle songs.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
'everything is gonna be OK
He's going to wipe those tears away
and before the night is through

this all going to make sense..'