What'$ the bible say about gambling? A lack of TRUST in God by riches seeked gambling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Gambling going to get you rich, you think?

Do you, or, God, be given what you've gained?

So, do you think, if it be God's will, that you will not win the 250 million powerball game against ALL others' thousands and thousands, hundreds of thousands (millions?) tickets?

I may have news for you, and, I pray, if you are addicted to gambling that this information can bring you DOwn onto your hands and knees and be delivered by God :)

Ok, so, that'$ @ll I got to say, bye .

But, green, you left us hanging, will I win?

100% certain, you WILL win, and, of that, I am certain as I am that God can USE anything to get a message across to us, even, yep, a fortune cookie message.

Yes, He can, I am sure. Yes, I am. :)

So, quit thinking the 3 lemmings are going to show up and jump off The cliff and give you a million bucks ! Besides The fact their max-bet payout is,only $2000, you won't get RICH at Lemmings, Fireball, or, any other video one-armed bandit unless God says so. And, IF you are addicted, and, even if you are not, I am pretty durn near tootin' certain gambling is NOT how God will lead you.

How will He lead me to win in life, green?
Pray to Him, let His Spirit-filled writings of The New Testament speak to you, read Acts and get on your knees and let The Spirit inside your templed body dwell and lead, follow, my Christ brothers, and, sisters, for He will deliver you, against any odds, for complete surrender of ALL to Him. :)

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
So what do you think about random fun poker games with friends with minimal money on the line. Like 5-20 dollars...

G

GreenNnice

So what do you think about random fun poker games with friends with minimal money on the line. Like 5-20 dollars...
My answer for everything is this, naut: The Lord leads, whatever you do, do it for God, that He be the One getting the glory, for doing this way of live, really LIVING, will bring you from glory to glory in this life of mortality, as He leads, and, most certainly, the next :)

====
I've playec quite a bit of gambling games in my time, The Lord leads me, I hope and pray, and, I HAVE, praise be to Jesus, been delivered by my prayed-to God, from horserace gambling when I was 19. I was deep in the summer of my freshman year in college and God lifted me from that devilish bane that Satan had me sucking up. God's power in me took it away the moment I asked Him to help me.

Thanks and praise to Jesus, who delivers us from all our addictions, with the utterance of His name and His Spirit in us leading :)

G

GreenNnice

The Lord leads, naut, that is,my answer to your question. Follow Him. :)

And, oh yes, I'v been gripped by gambling's hand, at 19, I played the horses and started off winning, winning, winning races. And, so I went more and more, getting away from.God as I attributed my winning on good luck and losing on bad luck. That was bad way to look.at it, Gid is over ALL in those who chose Him, and, I chose Christ when I was 16.

Yes, play your card games with friends, naut, as the Lord leads, He will use us in all kinds of scenarios in life. Do all you do, whatever it is, for the glory of God :)

You will know if poker, and, game I played a lot was 'guts,' hut, yeah, you will know if those games are naut good for you, Christ bro. The Lord leads, you will know, it will not feel right if card gambling is,not right for you, naut. The Spirit inside, He will relate His will to you, pray for your doings to be from Him for you. :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In the Word lots were drawn for allocating the inheritance of each of the tribes save Levi, in the promised land. Lots were drawn for the seamless robe worn by our Savior by the Romans. Lots were drawn to replace Judas the traitor within the ranks of the twelve. There are probably other places I am overlooking, but no where is gambling for pleasure mentioned. The closest would be the Romans for the robe. It is not convenient to all concerned in any family for any member to have a gambling habit, however it is not in me to condemn anyone for gambling, however idiotic it seems to me. I buy lottery tickets knowing the proceeds go to help education and welfare of the people, and if it be Yahweh's will to bless me with a big winner, well, I will accept it. Please, I hope I am not diminished in the eyes of the Body of Yeshua for this.

Jun 1, 2011
Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.
( Proverbs 13:11 )

Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
( Proverbs 23:4-5 )

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.
When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?
The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.
( Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 )

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
( Hebrews 13:5 )

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
( 1 Timothy 6:9-11 )

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
( Matthew 6:24 )