What time is it? Part I

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2016
Veritas

Quid est veritas?

It is time to speak may the planter put forth his seed and His will be done. .

Salvation, if we are saved by faith through grace. Born again, baptized in the Holy Spirit, by Christ. Becoming a member in one body, the Christ, who is the head of the Church in one Spirit. Having one Father and one Master as it is written. Then why does man try to divide the body? This is king but with two lessons.

Men still try to hold on to their old traditions and say women cannot teach, and listen not to the child who have not been instructed by man. I tell you the truth, then you do not know or understand the salvation which you claim to know and have. Is it not written out of the mouth of babes comes perfect praise?

Not that you should only listen to women, nor child, nor man, and not that all should teach. Only those born again, being baptized of one spirit and one faith, given over to one teacher the Holy Spirit. For who makes men, women and children? Who makes them Holy? Then who is the preacher and teacher? How do some of you not understand salvation?

For if you say you believe in how one is saved, then how can YOU being man, proclaim whom God will save, or chose to teach and reveal His truths to and through? For if all are saved in the same manner, and the proof is baptism with the same measure of the same Holy Spirit, and the fruits there of are born in them. Then why do you man say they cannot teach? Did you make the earth and all that is in it? The rain to fall in the just and unjust? Did He not speak through a donkey to man, when only a donkey would listen to Him? Than do not judge the messenger, for people have entertained and been visited by angels and not known it.

Rather judge the message, measuring their words against the truth and word! Test the spirits, as it is written. Least you miss a talent that could have lead to greater wisdom and understanding and perhaps your very salvation or others! Now if you claim to believe this. I have another question.

Now, that being said, now darkness has fallen and the night has begun. In whom do you believe? In whom do you trust? Whom will you serve? Man or God?

Some teachings of man say that you will not see tribulation, which fulfills scripture, because it is clearly written, Matthew 24:29, 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Which is exactly what Mark 13:24 after the tribulation, before you say, well this says the moon doesn’t give its light, does a dark red moon shine light? Also what 1st Thessalonians 4:16 said.

Which is exactly what it says in Revelation 6:12-17 12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

What has come? The wrath? What just happened before the wrath, the tribulation, and right after the tribulation, oh yeah the wrath! Look at the details/description? Who is exempt from the wrath of God? Those who pray, watch, prepare and are accounted worthy. For this sheep hear His voice and will not follow another.

Now note what is says in Matthew about the tribulations leading up to the day of the Lord!

Matthew 24-7 7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.
9“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. 10And then many will fall awaya and betray one another and hate one another. 11And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Which amazingly is exactly what Mark 13 says you will go through! 7And when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. This must take place, but the end is not yet. 8For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines. These are but the beginning of the birth pains.
9“But be on your guard. For they will deliver you over to councils, and you will be beaten in synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them. 10And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations. 11And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 12And brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death. 13And you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved

That is what you will see, that is what you will go through!! Endure, endure what, I am going to out in a limb here and agree with the brothers, the scriptures and say tribulation. I could be guessing though…. Keep the faith. John 15:20 My Lord said, if they did it to me, how much more will they do it to you? But be of good cheer I have overcome the world. James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Love, your brother in Christ

May 12, 2016
Is the body divided?

Behold Daniel 1-13. Read and let those who have ears hear and by the grace of God understanding the prophecy.

Why do you really think God would take His people out before tribulation, but others who remain will be saved later? Then those newly born babes would preach the truth? It is to fulfill the word of the Lord for it is written.

Man teach, well, the “Holy Spirit”, it has to be removed before the evil one is revealed, if it is removed, then how can people be saved later? Who will point out the devil, and lead others to salvation? Some say the 144k Jews, well if they have the same Holy Spirit because they are saved and preach the salvation. How did the Holy Spirit leave, only part of him left? Which is what they would have to believe, then won’t it stop the devil from coming and doing what he has always done with the Holy Spirit on earth? There seems to be an obvious catch 22 problem with that…?? It is a mystery God has used and it will be removed.

Are you not also a Spiritual Jew grafted/crafted into the true vine olive tree? If the Holy Spirit leaves the earth, will the Holy Spirit come right back for the “left behind”salvation and if He does, wouldn’t it restrain him again? It didn’t restrain Him when Christ was here, it didn’t restrain him from slaughtering our brothers and sisters throughout the ages?

So I ask you, Is the Lord’s body divided? Why would God allow all our older brothers and sisters to go through the ages to be tortured and killed yet not you? Are you special, is your belief and salvation done different from those of old, a super duper scooper special secret one? Why do you deserve not to be tested and refined? Amos 5 18-24, if there is not light, and it is also as written in Revelation as the judgments come, they DID NOT repent, then who is saved from those left behind?

Why do men try and force the scripture to say something it obviously doesn’t? Trying to say this is for the Jew and not the Gentile! Or this is for before tribulation and not after.

It is so that people will lose hope in trial and fulfill scripture falling away. Going out from us, who are not of us. It reveals their true hearts, their fruits, the tree. Believing a lie. All scripture supports itself without false narratives being injected.

As a testimony, then man’s religion of Christianity will be sifted on the threshing floor and only the true spiritual church, which the gates of hell have not prevailed against, nor shall it, by the power and glory of God and not man shall remain. Because they cannot see, touch, nor understand it. For they will read but not understand, look but most see, hear but not receive. But only the way and faith is all that will remain hallelujah to the Lamb who was and is, and is about to come!

You will have tribulation, you will be tested, you will be refined, and by the grace of God you will over come, are all these words not written? Do they not support eachother? Ones who will be here and be refined and tested like gold in fire. So that all the blood from an Able to Zechariah will be upon the wicked, the Holy Spirit will speak, yet the evil will not understand, the righteous will purify themselves during this time. That when Gods wrath comes it will be justified. When his wrath comes….

There will be no second chances! There is no secret rapture, there is a thief, but only to those not prepared! Therefore, as Mosses was instructed in the prophecy of exodus 12 7-13 prepare, glory to God! Let the reader understand if it is His will.

I will leave you with this to think about. Christ gave you parables explaining the end. Was there a second chance once the ark door was closed for those left behind? Was there a second chance when Lot and his family were removed for those left behind? Was there a second chance for the five foolish virgins who were not ready? Or where they left behind? Who said Lord, open up, having died, He replied no, I never knew you, depart from me workers of iniquity.

Were Lot and Noah removed from the earth? Or protected and remained on the earth according to God’s good will? All of these parables warned you, do not to be offended because you were not prepared! With dry lamps and false hopes. Again, that is partly why there will be a great fall away, because of persecution and mockers saying, where is your promised salvation? As they torture and torment you! Count the cost! He has told you what will take place!

But be of good cheer for the Lord is with you who are of Him, wash your robes, put away the air old and be wise. He has overcome this world that you may have LIFE and have it abundantly, let the reader understand.

May the Lord bless us and keep us. Go before us in all things I pray my Lord, guide and guard us according to your will. Keep us and provide for us as you see fit. Be our sword and shield and fulfill your word my Lord, your purpose and will, with us, through us, by us. Ring honor and glory to your name and make me sing in tour wind, at your good pleasures. Keep the faith brothers and sisters, pray, this is the way.

Love all, serve all,

Love, Your brother in Christ

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Then why do you man say they cannot teach?
Actually "man" does not say this. It is God who says this if you believe that the written Word is the Word of God. Study the matter carefully since God has His reasons.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Man teach, well, the “Holy Spirit”, it has to be removed before the evil one is revealed, if it is removed, then how can people be saved later?

This answers your Question ----

https://www.gotquestions.org/Holy-Spirit-tribulation.html

The question of the Holy Spirit not being present during the tribulation results from a misunderstanding of 2 Thessalonians 2:7, which reads, “For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.”

Right now, prior to the tribulation, one of the ministries of the Holy Spirit is the restraint of evil. In verses 8 and 9, we learn that the restraining power of the Holy Spirit holds back the “lawless one” (Antichrist) so he is not revealed before God wills it. The passage says the Holy Spirit will no longer restrain the growth of evil, but that does not mean He will have no ministry whatsoever.

The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is thus assured for every born-again believer, and nowhere in Scripture is that promise rescinded. Regeneration is the Spirit’s work; without Him, no one is saved. If the Spirit were not present during the tribulation, no one could be saved. But the fact is that a multitude that no one can number is saved during the tribulation (Revelation 7:9–14).
Therefore, those who come to Jesus during the tribulation period will also be indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Give glory to God for making that provision, because tribulation saints will need the guidance and direction of the Spirit during that troubled time.

Another good reason that the Spirit must be present during the tribulation is that He is omnipresent. Since He is everywhere at all times, He must be in the world during the tribulation.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Why do you really think God would take His people out before tribulation, but others who remain will be saved later? Then those newly born babes would preach the truth? It is to fulfill the word of the Lord for it is written.
Interesting Read ----
https://versebyverseministry.org/bible-answers/why-tribulation

Why the Tribulation?
August 05, 2014

The Bible promises a seven-year period of Tribulation on Earth, but the final judgment moment for unbelievers waits for another 1,000 years. So why does God bother with bringing Tribulation on earth? What does it accomplish?
The seven year Tribulation is an important period in God's plan for the earth. We learn of the seven year period of Tribulation and God's purposes in bringing it primarily from the Old Testament prophets, particularly Daniel:
Dan. 9:24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

Dan. 9:25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.

Dan. 9:26 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

Dan. 9:27 “And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”

In Daniel 9, we learn three important details regarding the coming time of Tribulation. First, we learn that this period of time last one "week" (or literally "seven" in Hebrew). By the context of the historical events described in Daniel 9, it becomes clear that Daniel means a seven-year period of time.

Daniel says a total of seventy "sevens" (i.e., 490 years) have been decreed by God. Based on the timing of events Daniel provides in vs.25-26, we can see that 69 of of the 70 sevens have already transpired, leaving just one seven year period remaining. That remaining seven year period is the period of Tribulation, which has yet to happen.
Secondly, Daniel tells us God designated this period of 490 years for Daniel's "people." In other words, this is a period for Israel. Israel refers to the nation descended from Abraham and bound to the Old Covenant. By these terms, the Church is not "Daniel's people," so the Church is specifically excluded from the events of this 490 year period. This period began in 605 BC before the church was formed, and it was suspended when the Messiah was "cut off." Therefore, the church has never experienced any part of the 490-year period designated for Israel...nor will it ever!

Thirdly, we learn the purposes God has for Israel during this period. In v.24 Daniel says the 490 years were decreed for six reasons:
1. To finish the transgression - to bring Israel's disobedience to the Old Covenant to an end
2. To make an end of sin - to put an end to all sin in the people of Israel (i.e., to glorify Israel)
3. To make atonement for iniquity - to exact a price for Israel's sins under the terms of the Old Covenant
4. To bring in everlasting righteousness - to usher in the Millennial Kingdom on earth
5. To seal up vision and prophecy - to bring to an end all revelation by granting a full knowledge of God
6. To anoint the most holy place - to set up the Millennial Kingdom temple where Christ will reside

Notice that all these purposes and outcomes are focused exclusively on preparing Israel to enter the Kingdom following Tribulation at Christ's Second Coming.

This is further confirmation that this period of great distress on the Earth is focused entirely on Israel and not on the church. The extreme nature of the events during Tribulation impact the whole earth, but the intended target is Israel.
We find even more confirmation of this conclusion in Jeremiah's description of the Tribulation, when he labels it a "time of Jacob's (i.e., Israel's) distress:"
Jer. 30:7 ‘Alas! for that day is great,
There is none like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s distress,
But he will be saved from it.

Tribulation is called a time of Israel's distress, and yet Jacob (i.e., the nation of Israel) will be saved from it.

Therefore, the chief purpose of Tribulation is to bring Israel back to the Lord, as Ezekiel teaches:
Ezek. 20:36 “As I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will enter into judgment with you,” declares the Lord GOD.
Ezek. 20:37 “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant;
Ezek. 20:38 and I will purge from you the rebels and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the land where they sojourn, but they will not enter the land of Israel. Thus you will know that I am the LORD.

The Lord promises to bring Israel through a time of judgment and inspection (i.e., passing under the rod) so that He may purge Israel's sin and rebellion thereby bringing them back into the bond of the covenant. The covenant mentioned in this verse is the Old Covenant delivered through Moses.

By the terms of that covenant, Israel must experience 490 years of God's judgment for failing to keep the covenent terms.
Tribulation is the final act of that judgment, and it will result in bringing Israel back to the Lord. (You can learn much more about how God accomplishes this miraculous work by taking our Revelation course.)

Having learned the true purpose of Tribulation, we can see why the Church does not experience this period of history when it arrives. Since this period is appointed for Israel, the Church will be removed prior to the beginning of the final seven years of God's judgment.

This is why Paul says the Lord will return to remove the church prior to the beginning of the Tribulation:

1Th. 1:10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Very foolish to think the Holy Spirit is the restrainer, can be none other than the church.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Very foolish to think the Holy Spirit is the restrainer, can be none other than the church.
Really? How come you have these strange ideas? Who other than God Himself can restrain Satan and the Antichrist?

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
No, not the church. Most likely the Holy Spirit, but could possibly be Michael, Israel's prince.