What to do sometimes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I have a question and want your thoughts on it. I met what seemed to be a very sweet guy on a dating app. In my profile I said I have 2 adult children, what type of work I do, general info. I keep somethings private. Well after sending messages for a short while I decided to tell him about my son who lives with me. My son has aspergers , but is very high functioning. He is 31 but acts more of a 16 year old. Very sweet and kind. The man went bizerk , rude and just unreasonable. I didn't say anything because of my sons privacy and really he is capable of taking care of himself. He lives with me to help me out around the house etc. The man acted like he was a drooling idiot, sigh. It is kind of hard to know what to do. Because I don't want my son's issues to be out there also as a public display. I guess I was happy to know this guy seemed to have a very bad temper and quickly.It was not my intention to hide anything. We had only been talking for a day and that was text messages. Seriously think he was looking for something to be wrong.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
You disclosed that info soon enough. You dont have to disclose everything first up. It seems that you dodged a bullet. This guys issues were revealed. It is better to know these things before feelings develop.
I am not a fan of dating apps but have heard that many have met that way. Do you feel like the Lord led you to try this app or are you just giving it a go?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well now you know about him. Be glad you found that out before you got married. Cut the cable and move on.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What you have here is a handy litmus test. You can use it to save a lot of time by weeding out the jerks real fast before you waste a lot of time on them.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I have a question and want your thoughts on it. I met what seemed to be a very sweet guy on a dating app. In my profile I said I have 2 adult children, what type of work I do, general info. I keep somethings private. Well after sending messages for a short while I decided to tell him about my son who lives with me. My son has aspergers , but is very high functioning. He is 31 but acts more of a 16 year old. Very sweet and kind. The man went bizerk , rude and just unreasonable. I didn't say anything because of my sons privacy and really he is capable of taking care of himself. He lives with me to help me out around the house etc. The man acted like he was a drooling idiot, sigh. It is kind of hard to know what to do. Because I don't want my son's issues to be out there also as a public display. I guess I was happy to know this guy seemed to have a very bad temper and quickly.It was not my intention to hide anything. We had only been talking for a day and that was text messages. Seriously think he was looking for something to be wrong.
Glad he showed these traits so early on 🚨🚨🚨

You deserve better! Know your worth girl :)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I'm not too surprised, really. Dating apps seem a bad idea to me. If you share too much it drives people away. If you don't share enough, when people do find out things they'll accuse you of being dishonest or manipulative.
In that environment everyone is putting their best foot forward and not really being honest.
Most of the stories I've heard from them were negative.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Glad he showed these traits so early on 🚨🚨🚨

You deserve better! Know your worth girl :)
Yeah had to block him he could not take rejection after acting the fool.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I'm not too surprised, really. Dating apps seem a bad idea to me. If you share too much it drives people away. If you don't share enough, when people do find out things they'll accuse you of being dishonest or manipulative.
In that environment everyone is putting their best foot forward and not really being honest.
Most of the stories I've heard from them were negative.
You disclosed that info soon enough. You dont have to disclose everything first up. It seems that you dodged a bullet. This guys issues were revealed. It is better to know these things before feelings develop.
I am not a fan of dating apps but have heard that many have met that way. Do you feel like the Lord led you to try this app or are you just giving it a go?
I asked God to show me things ,if something is wrong. Yes I felt led to be on there. I actually have a gentlemen I have been talking to who is an assistant at a church near where I live. So far mainly have talked about the word and church. But that is 2 of my favorite topics, besides fishing and healthy living. If anything can pick up some good Christian friends I can discuss the word with.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
uh
did your dating app guy meet your son not sure Im following, why did he act like your son was a drooling idiot? I dont get it.

If someone you meet is rude to you or your son whether you meet on a dating app, in person or whatever, you dont have to engage with them any further.

You dont need to do anything, just say goodbye and walk away or delete and block their profile (or however you stop contact) . You dont need that sort of carry on. Especially with someone you just met.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
uh
did your dating app guy meet your son not sure Im following, why did he act like your son was a drooling idiot? I dont get it.

If someone you meet is rude to you or your son whether you meet on a dating app, in person or whatever, you dont have to engage with them any further.

You dont need to do anything, just say goodbye and walk away or delete and block their profile (or however you stop contact) . You dont need that sort of carry on. Especially with someone you just met.
He never met him personally. He just assumed things because my son has aspergers. We were messaging each other about our family etc. Anyways I nicely let him know I do not feel it would be a good match him and I. I left it go, thought he would figure it out and move on. Yesterday looked online he had sent me several crazy messages. So blocked him. I don't allow negativity into my life anymore.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
weird why would someone do that
well people need to learn thats not right to assume things about someone they've never even met.

People get really tired of having to explain themselves all the time. Not just parents with children but also children about their parents, about where they come from, what job they do, wether they are split up or together, etc.

why would you just not accept a person for who they are.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
weird why would someone do that
well people need to learn thats not right to assume things about someone they've never even met.

People get really tired of having to explain themselves all the time. Not just parents with children but also children about their parents, about where they come from, what job they do, wether they are split up or together, etc.

why would you just not accept a person for who they are.
I am just weary of stupid.