What to do when you get persecuted from a fellow brother in Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

storm1485

May 19, 2016
Hi all,

Today I messaged a friend I met in a group on facebook, I knew for a short time. I asked how
he was doing and he replied not so good, so I asked him what's been going on. He then began to tell me that his brother had made a choice to be a transgender and this has made his family oust his brother causing fights and divisions among the family. His family was raised in the old-fashioned biblical Christian household, but still, His brother has chosen to be this way. Then he said he support his brother 100%, I asked him if he and his brother got saved, he replied that he himself got saved but he's not sure about his brother. I told him that his family does not hate him and that they are most likely hurt and upset to see his brother make this choice. I then began to tell him it's against God's word for his brother to make this choice to be a woman when his brother is married to a woman and his brother's wife 100% supports this change; therefore, he is lost. I also explain that all you can do is pray for him that he finds the right path, he then replied to me,” he's not lost he's just different”. He wrote ” Come As You Are” I explained to him that means come as you are to become saved and then become a new creation in Christ, I showed him the scripture. A few minutes later I could no longer reply to messages because he had blocked me.

I cannot understand why some of these newer Christians are so accepting to this LGBT stuff, it is purely against God's law and word. In fact, my ex-best friend who presumably got saved in the fall of 2016, is now dating another woman online. It just dumbfounds me, how could someone accept Christ and agree or live this kind of lifestyle. Can someone give me any words of wisdom and comfort?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I know the feeling. I got a girl in my class who quotes the bible and all but is lesbian and is aaaalll pro lgbt and gets really upset when someone speaks against it biblically.
Hate the sin, not the sinner. Thats all i can say

storm1485

May 19, 2016
I know the feeling. I got a girl in my class who quotes the bible and all but is lesbian and is aaaalll pro lgbt and gets really upset when someone speaks against it biblically.
Hate the sin, not the sinner. Thats all i can say
That is awful,
the ironic thing is my friend himself, has a woman fiance, he's not the one committing the sin. It's his brother, I never said anything about hating his brother. All I said was to pray for him and give him love and support to help him change.

U

Ugly

If your idea of 'persecution' is being blocked on facebook then you're in for a lot of suffering one day. You may want to look that word up and find out what it really means. Or go read about modern persecution of Christians in other countries. Like the man i read about in India who was mobbed. They kicked his door in, beat him... and his toddler... because he was a known Christian. That's persecution. Being blocked on fb is nothing.

And, really, why does this surprise you? In the bible we read a church that was allowing mother/son incest. We know that being drunk is a sin, yet we still see people that think getting drunk is ok. The bible clearly speaks against all forms of occult, yet we still see Christians referring to their 'sign' or other forms of astrology. The bible says sex before marriage is wrong, but we see all sorts of Christian's that insist it's not. I could go on, but you get the point.
None of it is new, either. When i was a teen the exact same thing was happening, and no doubt long before i was.
God told Adam and Eve not to eat of the fruit... did they listen? See, denial goes a long ways back.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!...

You have planted the seed, God does the growing, shake the dust from your feet and move on
:)...xox...

storm1485

May 19, 2016
If your idea of 'persecution' is being blocked on facebook then you're in for a lot of suffering one day. You may want to look that word up and find out what it really means. Or go read about modern persecution of Christians in other countries. Like the man i read about in India who was mobbed. They kicked his door in, beat him... and his toddler... because he was a known Christian. That's persecution. Being blocked on fb is nothing.

And, really, why does this surprise you? In the bible we read a church that was allowing mother/son incest. We know that being drunk is a sin, yet we still see people that think getting drunk is ok. The bible clearly speaks against all forms of occult, yet we still see Christians referring to their 'sign' or other forms of astrology. The bible says sex before marriage is wrong, but we see all sorts of Christian's that insist it's not. I could go on, but you get the point.
None of it is new, either. When i was a teen the exact same thing was happening, and no doubt long before i was.
God told Adam and Eve not to eat of the fruit... did they listen? See, denial goes a long ways back.
I agree, being blocked is not the true persecution, there are very much worst forms of it. Honestly, sometimes I feel if a person would walk up to me and point a gun to my head and ask to denounce my faith or die, I would be almost elated to get out of the disgusting immoral world. I hate this world and for all it stands.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
That is awful,
the ironic thing is my friend himself, has a woman fiance, he's not the one committing the sin. It's his brother, I never said anything about hating his brother. All I said was to pray for him and give him love and support to help him change.

Its just crazy. God made man and woman, they preach it but when u hold up the mirror, no matter how nice you are, they get overly offended or hurt.
She's a very nice person but when it comes to lgbt shes hi, sooo far off. And it makes me kinda sad

D

Depleted

Hi all,

Today I messaged a friend I met in a group on facebook, I knew for a short time. I asked how
he was doing and he replied not so good, so I asked him what's been going on. He then began to tell me that his brother had made a choice to be a transgender and this has made his family oust his brother causing fights and divisions among the family. His family was raised in the old-fashioned biblical Christian household, but still, His brother has chosen to be this way. Then he said he support his brother 100%, I asked him if he and his brother got saved, he replied that he himself got saved but he's not sure about his brother. I told him that his family does not hate him and that they are most likely hurt and upset to see his brother make this choice. I then began to tell him it's against God's word for his brother to make this choice to be a woman when his brother is married to a woman and his brother's wife 100% supports this change; therefore, he is lost. I also explain that all you can do is pray for him that he finds the right path, he then replied to me,” he's not lost he's just different”. He wrote ” Come As You Are” I explained to him that means come as you are to become saved and then become a new creation in Christ, I showed him the scripture. A few minutes later I could no longer reply to messages because he had blocked me.

I cannot understand why some of these newer Christians are so accepting to this LGBT stuff, it is purely against God's law and word. In fact, my ex-best friend who presumably got saved in the fall of 2016, is now dating another woman online. It just dumbfounds me, how could someone accept Christ and agree or live this kind of lifestyle. Can someone give me any words of wisdom and comfort?
Corinth had a church, but it was messed up. Paul wrote letters to them to teach them how it really works. And one of the things he said was that if someone wasn't living right, then cast them out from the assembly and treat them as unbelievers.

For some strange reason, many Christians take that to mean wash your hands of them, or dust off the sandals again. BUT that is not how to treat them.

How do we treat unbelievers? With the gospel and love them.

You have NOT been "persecuted from a fellow brother in Christ."
1. That's not persecution.
2. That's not a brother in Christ.

There are no generational Christians. Just because someone is "raised in the old-fashioned biblical Christian household" doesn't make the person a Christian. For that matter, it doesn't even necessarily make anyone in that household a Christian. Many claim to be because they go to church and use the right lingo, but no heart-change, so they're not.

So, simple solution. Stop assuming the people are your bros, and then treat them like what they are -- unbelievers. This isn't a wash-you-hands and dust-your-sandals moment. This is a time to evangelize as long as the person lets you, and to do so in love and prayer, not moral superiority.

Feb 28, 2016
God knows His plan for each and every one of us = no matter how much we buck,
or have to learn by our trials and errors; Honest Faith-Trust-Truth and Love for our Saviour,
is the only thing that will help us to persevere and keep us on His path to the very END...

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Storm1485, sadly that situation you have described with this whole LGBT acceptance is one of the main reasons today why families are being ripped apart. You will find that the many people who are so accepting of this stuff is because of all the brainwashing that has been done over the years to reprogram the masses. Diversity, tolerance, and so on.

In my opinion, in this current generation, this is one area that will cause division within families. There is much evidence of this how some family members will not support a family member that chooses to go ahead to change the gender that he/she was born with. And to add to this, there are families that will not support if one their own family member was to marry the same sex.

Example, if a mother and a father refuse to attends a son's wedding to another man because of their beliefs, chances are they will lose their son. So, a choice has to be made, the parents stay firm to their belief and not only risk losing their son, but possibly being hated as well, or sacrifice their beliefs and support such a wedding to make their son happy.

These are some real terrible times we are living in today. And I think with what we are seeing today is just the tip off the iceberg, at least in my opinion that is.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I showed him the scripture. A few minutes later I could no longer reply to messages because he had blocked me.
Well you are not being persecuted as such. You could say you are being shut out because you speak the truth, but the Lord already told you that you would face this kind of attitude.

As to trying to "fix" others, only the Lord can do that. So just keep sharing the truth ans if people will accept it fine. If not, move on.

Aiutalemani

Dec 5, 2017
Thank you for sharing your thoughts in here! Since you ask for wisdom and comfort, let me share a few words with you! I can see why you feel rejected by your friend and I am sorry that this happens to you! I can see why your friend could be defensive about his brother! After all, we love our family in spite of their faults. However, as disciples of Christ, we are called to speak the truth in love (Eph. 4:15) and we can expect that some people will not like or agree with what we say. I recommend that you pray for your friend and his family. Right now, they probably are still processing the situation and need all the wisdom that the Holy Spirit can bring them! Knowing how to deal with the LGBTQ community is something that requires a lot of love and truth from us and we should always pray for guidance when we speak about these issues. Maybe you can talk to your pastor or a mature Christian friend or leader to give you some more advice on how to bring biblical truth in delicate matters. I would also like to recommend that you read and study Ephesians 4 to get more context on what it means to become a full grown Christian and the new life in Christ.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
What we do is what our Messiah said to do, to count ourselves blessed to be persecuted for righteousness snake. Our Lord told us that wickedness will increase and as we (collective we) as a nation and even a church have turned away from Scripture being the infallible, inerrant Word of G-d what is Scripturally unrighteous will be called righteous by the "world" and vice-vers-a. I am proud of you for sticking up for righteousness. Be strong in the Lord and His might! We stand before G-d not man or even our friends, to give an account. I pray you will never back down in fear to speak up for the Word of G-d. His approval is all enough and you have it!

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Not everyone who professes to be Christian is Christian; "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21).

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." (Romans 2:3)

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22)

Today, many believe they are justified by faith, so the new age philosophy is that Mosaic Law applied to the Israelites, and not to them. So same sex relationships and transgenders are of the mind-set that if it feels right, its okay. You did the right thing by expressing your thoughts, but some are just brain-washed into believing they are saved because the law died with Christ on the cross. Its the modern age of "Great Deception". They believe Jesus loves them just as they are, but He said; "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father
.." (John 14:21). No need for keeping commandments these days :)

Nov 14, 2016
Hi all,

***Today many Christians are being led by their feelings and not God's Word, so they end up in confusion and strife***Check out Dr. Michael Brown who has many books and YouTube videos on the subject of homosexuality***

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Our society is being inundated with the homosexual lifestyle now, it is not an easy thing to deal with, in my own family my granddaughter, and my nephew were both into this damnable situation, but we as a family choose to love them both, and pray hard for them. All praise be to God from whom all blessings flow, my granddaughter came out and is now back home with her mother, we are still praying for my nephew, but trusting that God will bring him out too. I am thankful that we were able to choose the way of love.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I agree, being blocked is not the true persecution, there are very much worst forms of it. Honestly, sometimes I feel if a person would walk up to me and point a gun to my head and ask to denounce my faith or die, I would be almost elated to get out of the disgusting immoral world. I hate this world and for all it stands.
That's the Spirit :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Storm1485, sadly that situation you have described with this whole LGBT acceptance is one of the main reasons today why families are being ripped apart. You will find that the many people who are so accepting of this stuff is because of all the brainwashing that has been done over the years to reprogram the masses. Diversity, tolerance, and so on.

In my opinion, in this current generation, this is one area that will cause division within families. There is much evidence of this how some family members will not support a family member that chooses to go ahead to change the gender that he/she was born with. And to add to this, there are families that will not support if one their own family member was to marry the same sex.

Example, if a mother and a father refuse to attends a son's wedding to another man because of their beliefs, chances are they will lose their son. So, a choice has to be made, the parents stay firm to their belief and not only risk losing their son, but possibly being hated as well, or sacrifice their beliefs and support such a wedding to make their son happy.

These are some real terrible times we are living in today. And I think with what we are seeing today is just the tip off the iceberg, at least in my opinion that is.
This is why Jesus said::

Matthew 10: KJV
34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. {35} For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. {36} And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. {37} He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

storm1485

May 19, 2016
Wow that is rough to see that, all we can do is pray hard