What to talk about with non-Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2019
What do you talk about with non-Christians?

I don't know what to talk with non-Christians. I'm not good at small talk and I like to talk about Bible things but non-Christians don't like to talk about the Bible. I'm curious to know how other Christians keep a conversation going with non-Christian people.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I talk to them about everything i would with a christian. Health, life,job,... why are u making things complicated

WingsOfLight

Dec 10, 2019
I just talk about stuff in general. Music, books, movies, shows, etc.
I respect their choice of not believing even though I disagree with them.
As long as they respect me, I can have normal conversations with them.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What is the venue for these conversations you wish to have with non-believers? Is it people you know, and have established relationships with already? Or do you mean people you meet in passing, perhaps total strangers, online, or in person? I ask because the venue could be a good starting point and set the tone as it were, for instance, this venue is completely geared to speaking of matters having much to do with God and the Bible, and we do get non-believers joining for conversation pertaining to these matters from time to time. I could be mistaken but I think most people have some sense of needing to know that there is a purpose to life.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Talk about food. Everybody likes to talk about food.

Talk about chocolate, milk or dark. If they like one (milk/dark) and you like the other, you can get a good-natured argument going. If you both like the same kind you can agree in disparaging the other kind.

Talk about whatever comes up. Don't have an agenda you're trying to push for, or topics you are afraid will be mentioned. Just see where the conversation takes you.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
What do you talk about with non-Christians?

I don't know what to talk with non-Christians. I'm not good at small talk and I like to talk about Bible things but non-Christians don't like to talk about the Bible. I'm curious to know how other Christians keep a conversation going with non-Christian people.
I do what you call small talk. The weather, recipe exchange (people ask me cooking questions and ask me for recipes all the time, both Christian and non-Christian) health, regular life advice, politics, just whatever.

There's also a periodic situation where you can share your testimony, if the situation calls for it and it sometimes will..

Like others have said, the same things I would normally talk to a Christian about, without discussing the Bible so much..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im sure you can talk about spiritual matters without referring to the Bible all the time, possibly non christians don't like to talk about the Bible simply because they havent actually read it.

If not good at small talk and you want to talk 'big talk' maybe mention life's journeys or things like that.