What was Jesus like a a teen? (post your thoughts)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Ever wonder what Jesus must have been like as a teen?

Was he popular? Was he a loner? Did girls flock to him like he was a rockstar? Or did they think he was strange?

Post your thoughts.. :)

Young Jesus from the movie "The Young Messiah"

N

NoNameMcgee

Ever wonder what Jesus must have been like as a teen?

Was he popular? Was he a loner? Did girls flock to him like he was a rockstar? Or did they think he was strange?

Post your thoughts.. :)

Young Jesus from the movie "The Young Messiah"

if before he was a teen he could astonish his elders

im sure as a teen he was a sight to behold

probably much like he was at 12

but older

hahaha

N

NoNameMcgee

Luke 2:42

“And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.”
Luke 2:43

“And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.”
Luke 2:44

“But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.”
Luke 2:45

“And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.”

Luke 2:46

“And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.”

Luke 2:47

“And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.”

(interesting to think of how his teen years were though xD)

S

Stranger36147

He was probably thinking "Man, I hope this acne clears up eventually."

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
At the baptism by John the Baptist G-d spoke saying "this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased", He had done nothing in ministry at that time yet G-d was very well pleased with Him, he must have been a wonderful person.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
There's a verse somewhere about Jesus not at all being noteworthy in appearance or stature, it was all about what He was saying. So I'd guess you could find a picture of any average kid in palestine or jordan and that'd be close. Behavior wise I'd say pretty much the same thing except apparently He was much wiser and confident than normal children. Jesus didn't behave like anything other than an adult when He was older, so I don't see why we should assume differently for when He was younger.

Last edited:
W

wwjd_kilden

There's a verse somewhere about Jesus not at all being noteworthy in appearance or stature, it was all about what He was saying. So I'd guess you could find a picture of any average kid in palestine or jordan and that'd be close. Behavior wise I'd say the pretty much the same thing except apparently He was much wiser and confident than normal children. Jesus didn't behave like anything other than an adult when He was older, so I don't see why we should assume differently for when He was younger.
Yup. I was going to say something along those lines.

I've always wondered if Jesus (the human part of him) knew all his life how he'd die ...

Aug 2, 2009

I've always wondered if Jesus (the human part of him) knew all his life how he'd die ...
Well he didn't know how he would die until God showed him in the garden of Gethsemane where he cried tears of blood at the thought of what was going to happen.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014

I think He must have known all along since as a child He understood what He had already written. And since after the resurrection He explains to some about how Scripture prophesied about His life and death, I'd say He knew at minimum by the time He was 12.

Well he didn't know how he would die until God showed him in the garden of Gethsemane where he cried tears of blood at the thought of what was going to happen.
Seemed to me it wasn't that He didn't know, it's that His flesh didn't want to go through it. Earlier He had already predicted Judas's betrayal.

Not trying to turn this into a BDF thread, just my thoughts lol.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He was sweating blood. Scripture does not say He did not know how He would die, but He knew His time had come, who was to betray Him, that the religious leaders were gunning for Him, and that the Roman method of cruelty and death was the cross. I think He knew. :)

Luke 22:44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly,
and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

J7

Banned
Apr 2, 2017
It has been suggested that as his uncle Joseph of Arimathea who brought him up was the Roman Minister for Mining, that Jesus travelled the globe, and visited places such as Cornwall in Britain. It is also rumoured that he lived in Britain a fair few years.

It is also suggested he travelled to India.

It would have been an idyllic childhood for him, visiting far flung shores.

I wonder if he made it to America?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It has been suggested that as his uncle Joseph of Arimathea who brought him up was the Roman Minister for Mining, that Jesus travelled the globe, and visited places such as Cornwall in Britain. It is also rumoured that he lived in Britain a fair few years.

It has been more than suggested, since numerous books have been written on the subject with zero evidence to validate what is said. These books seem aimed at new agers and others who believe themselves to be spiritual while they reject the Truth.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
that is some pretty wild stuff.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I meant j7's post, not magenta

J7

Banned
Apr 2, 2017
Well when someone clueless like yourself speaks up Magenta, I need to put the record straight.

Prior to the motor car, sea travel was the fastest way to get around. For instance a Galician in Northern Spain is three days away from Ireland by boat, but 20 days away from his capital, Madrid, by horse.

So for 39 out of the last 40 centuries, sailing from Israel to Cornwall was no big deal whatsoever. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows these matters.

Cornwall was the world centre for copper and tin mining 3000 years ago and is littered with Jewish names and artefacts.
These are just plain facts.

The Church in England was thriving in 40AD.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Well when someone clueless like yourself speaks up Magenta, I need to put the record straight.

Prior to the motor car, sea travel was the fastest way to get around. For instance a Galician in Northern Spain is three days away from Ireland by boat, but 20 days away from his capital, Madrid, by horse.

So for 39 out of the last 40 centuries, sailing from Israel to Cornwall was no big deal whatsoever. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows these matters.

Cornwall was the world centre for copper and tin mining 3000 years ago and is littered with Jewish names and artefacts.
These are just plain facts.

The Church in England was thriving in 40AD.
What has any of that got to do with where Jesus was before the age of 30? Nothing, is what. I wonder who you were before you broke the rules to rejoin under your current name.

Apr 15, 2017

The Mormons say yes,but Jesus only went to Egypt,and that was it,and that as a young child to escape being killed for king Herod decreed all children 2 years and younger be killed.

The rest of the time was in Israel,for Jesus said,He was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

And the reason New Agers like to believe He visited other places is so they can say that he has spirituality along the lines of Hindu,and Buddhist,and religions like that,the native americans,because they are in to spiritual evolution through nature,things of the occult,for that is how they interpret the Bible,which God warns us of them in 1 Timothy 4:1-4).

Last edited:

J7

Banned
Apr 2, 2017
Well all the more reason to go travelling then

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
He knew when He was 12 that He had to be in His Fathers house, this is what He told His mother Mary and Joseph when they went back to find Him after realizing that He had not traveled back with them...Luke 2:41-52...Even the teachers and all who heard Him talking were amazed at His knowledge , He was no ordinary boy, He is Gods Son :) ...xox...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The Mormons say yes,but Jesus only went to Egypt,and that was it,and that as a young child to escape being killed for king Herod decreed all children 2 years and younger be killed.

The rest of the time was in Israel,for Jesus said,He was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

And the reason New Agers like to believe He visited other places is so they can say that he has spirituality along the lines of Hindu, and Buddhist, and religions like that,the native americans,because they are in to spiritual evolution through nature, things of the occult, for that is how they interpret the Bible.
Yes, they substitute the truth for a lie, though Jesus speaks to all people through all time through the cross, and His sacrifice on our behalf due to His great everlasting love for us :)