What was Sunday/Saturday sermon about?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Last Sunday the sermon was about 2 Kings Chapter 7.

7 Elisha replied, “Hear the word of the Lord. This is what the Lord says: About this time tomorrow, a seah of the finest flour will sell for a shekel and two seahs of barley for a shekel at the gate of Samaria.”

2 The officer on whose arm the king was leaning said to the man of God, “Look, even if the Lord should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?”

“You will see it with your own eyes,” answered Elisha, “but you will not eat any of it!”

The sermon focused on faith: Those who don't believe (like the officer) will not taste the food that comes from heaven and will lose their (eternal) lives.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Acts 5

The apostles kept preaching Jesus even when they were in prison and bought to trial...nothing could stop them. They preached Jesus to the council. And when they got out they continued to preached Jesus even when told not to. Peter said we must obey God not men.

They got flogged and threatened with death but even that did not stop them.

K

Kim82

What this brought to mind is how many turn to science, youtube videos, or the vain traditions of some man-rather than God and His word.
2 Kings 1:3 Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going to inquire of Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?

2 Chronicles 16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Sermon today was about Luke 14:15 (The Parable of the Great Banquet).

God invited those who were called His people (the Jews), but they made up lame excuses and rejected the invitation. Their last minute refusal to attend the banquet angered the Master and opened up the doors to the Gentiles.

The sermon then focused on how to get prepared for the Banquet in Heaven (living a holy life).

Sep 3, 2016
“THE MIRACLE OF THE INCREASE OF THE WIDOW’S OIL

1 Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the Prophets unto Elisha, saying, Your servant my husband is dead; and you know that your servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen. (There is some intimation that this woman’s husband, one of the sons of the Prophets, was known to Elisha. Many a Christian is like this widow. There are depression, poverty, and bondage in the life, instead of joy, wealth, and liberty. The truth is: the plight of this home was not God’s Will. It is God’s Will that we be in health and prosper, even as our soul does prosper [III Jn., Vs. 2]. Satan never ceases in his efforts to deprive the Child of God of his rightful inheritance in Christ Jesus.)

“2 And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for you? tell me, what have you in the house? And she said, Your handmaid has not anything in the house, save a pot of oil (for the Christian, the “house” is our physical body [I Cor. 3:16]; the Holy Spirit, represented by the “pot of oil,” is supposed to fill the house; this woman had a small pot of oil, but nothing else).

3 Then he said, Go, borrow you vessels abroad of all your neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few (far too many are satisfied to subsist on meager spiritual rations, when, if we could provide more empty vessels, God would fill them up — “borrow not a few”).

“4 And when you are come in, you shall shut the door upon you and upon your sons, and shall pour out into all those vessels, and you shall set aside that which is full (the Holy Spirit, represented by the “oil,” is inexhaustible; as long as there are “empty vessels,” it will continue to “pour out”).

5 So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.

6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed (our problem is that we gather too few vessels).

7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay your debt, and you and your children live of the rest (the Lord always gives enough and more!).” 2 Kings 4:1-7

JSM

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I love reading these posts and seeing how the Lord is working all over the place. Great idea for a post!

On another note, the title makes me giggle, because without fail, I will come home from meeting (church) and someone will ask me this and I draw a blank for some time. I don't understand why that happens. Our service this past Sunday was about having confidence in what God has for us and for who we are in Christ. :)

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Sermon today was about Romans 12.

Dedicate your life to God.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sermon was meant to be about mothers...
But it kinda ended up being about our Father. Hearing His voice.

M

Mrsmom

About missionary work . Being one or supporting one. I will send my friend a nice package to encourage her as she is on the mission field.

K

Kim82

We all have a need, and we have a responsibility to be good neighbours.

Why has the good old days left?

There should always be someone in training. One of the reasons the good old days has left, is because there was no one in training, to continue the work which some one has left due to death etc.

It used to be a time when the community would take care of each other's children. Now there are people who want to harm the kids.

People are not on fire for the Lord anymore. We are hugging up sin and hoping that God will understand.

We must not just be hearers of the word, but doers also.

One of the reasons we don't do God's work in the neighborhood, is because we are tired from all the task that we do on the job.

We need to help the less fortunate, and not just our friends.

The church was on fire before, and it can be on fire again. We need to spread the message of hope in the neighborhood.

We need to run the race of life with hope, that even if the destination be far, we will reach there with perseverance.

K

Kim82

On another note, the title makes me giggle, because without fail, I will come home from meeting (church) and someone will ask me this and I draw a blank for some time. I don't understand why that happens.
Me also. That is why I have a little note book and pen. :) I hope no one thinks I wrote those things from memory :D

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Me also. That is why I have a little note book and pen. :) I hope no one thinks I wrote those things from memory :D

I always take notes at meeting as well. 🙂 It helps me remember.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Our message was about Gods strength and that through His grace and power, we too have strength in Him.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Our teaching today was a beginning to look at Proverbs, discerning
what is wise, focusing on the freedom of walking and living in Christ :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It was Luke 10 about the 70 disciples going out two by two and doing ministry. Shaking the dust off their feet for those that didnt welcome them. Casting out demons and rejoicing for having their names written in heaven.

K

Kim82

When people talk about you what do they say. Are they saying you are a Christian or a hypocrite?

What kind of influence are you having on people, is it good or bad? For example, if someone always sees you going to church, yet they see you using profanities, they will not be interested in anything you have to say.

Sep 21, 2016
Yesterday's sermon was from 2 Corinthians 12

K

Kim82

If a car needs fixing we turn to the car manual for instructions on how to fix the car.

When a human whom God has made needs healing, we need to turn to our maker.

If we don't turn to God to cleanse us, we will die in our sins.

Sep 3, 2016
If a car needs fixing we turn to the car manual for instructions on how to fix the car.

When a human whom God has made needs healing, we need to turn to our maker.

If we don't turn to God to cleanse us, we will die in our sins.
Many people and Christians will not believe what truth you have said. They will continue over and over and try to fix their problems and situations themselves. They demote Christ and the Cross and say, "that's the Jimmy Swaggart gospel."