What was your fave cartoon as a kid and why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gojira

OK kids, 4 more posts and the post counter hits the creepy number 666,666 for the singles forum !
What's creepy about that? That's more than a thousand times the number of the beast, which makes it...

...a thousand times worse. Crap.

Noel25

Dec 17, 2022
Poor Mojo! He was just wanted his dad's attention. :cry:

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
@Gojira ..
There's a couple of channels on youtube that have been playing the old Godzilla movies 24/7... Its the Japanese versions with English subtitles which I like better.

As a kid, It was always aggravating to me that when Godzilla had to fight more than one monster, he would get teamed up with a monster that had no real powers ( Gamera, Jet Jaguar, Mothra, etc..). His enemies always seemed to have multiple powers and able to do more other things. On paper, he should have been no match for mecha-godzilla yet Godzilla was able to detach mecha-godzillas head a couple times.

Just some things I pondered in my early years.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
I was always a fan of Tom and Jerry. Seeing Tom fail all his attempts and hearing the loud scream he made when injured never failed to give me a laugh.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
@Gojira ..
There's a couple of channels on youtube that have been playing the old Godzilla movies 24/7... Its the Japanese versions with English subtitles which I like better.

As a kid, It was always aggravating to me that when Godzilla had to fight more than one monster, he would get teamed up with a monster that had no real powers ( Gamera, Jet Jaguar, Mothra, etc..). His enemies always seemed to have multiple powers and able to do more other things. On paper, he should have been no match for mecha-godzilla yet Godzilla was able to detach mecha-godzillas head a couple times.

That's true, Godzilla's teammate usually wasn't a big help, like Mothra and Rodan.

To get the full version of the films, the English subtitles are good. But I like the United Artists English dubs for the original Shōwa era films; they have so much joy in them. It's too bad there was never a Godzilla Vs Gamera. :LOL:

G

Gojira

@Gojira ..

Deep thoughts :) I love it. I did not know about that YouTube channel. Thanks.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
@Gojira ..

Gamera kicks butt!

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Here's the first cartoon I recall ever watching.
I had the plush toy King Kong that had a place on his arm to snap his little friend Billy Bantam. I really liked that toy and kept it for many years after outgrowing it. It was the kind that had an internal box of recordings when you pull the string. I just thought of it first time in many years after giving my opossum a banana and seeing a Kong ad.
He said, "Here Billy, have a banana!"

From the caption:
"KING KONG Cartoon Clips PLOT: This series is an animated adaptation of the famous movie monster King Kong with character designs by Jack Davis and Rod Willis. In this series, the giant ape befriends the Bond family, with whom he goes on various adventures, fighting monsters, robots, aliens, mad scientists and other threats. Unlike King Kong's destructive roles in his movies, the cartoon turned him into a protector of humanity."

The other Rankin Bass cartoon at the time was Tom Thumb.