What way do we wish to walk when trying to sort out the predicaments?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
What way do we wish to walk when trying to sort out the predicaments?

• “When wisdom enters into your heart, and knowledge is pleasing to your soul; judgment shall keep you, understanding shall keep you, in order that you may walk in the way of good and keep the paths of the righteous.” (Proverbs 2.10,11,20).

When we are going through a hot potato, our leaning is to verge on solutions that have nothing to do with Jesus and the Holy Scripture. Like I said, the great defiance isn’t believe in Jesus, inasmuch as even the demons believe and tremble (James 2.19). The great challenge is to live for Jesus doing His Will:

• “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! *shall enter the kingdom of Heaven*, but *he who does the will of My Father* in Heaven.” (Matthew 7.21).

When it arises a problem will we trust on wisdom and force of men (as in Psalms 20.7; 147.10,11; Isaiah 30.1-3; 31.1-3) or in the power of Jesus (see 1Corinthians 4.19,20)?

• “so that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.” (1Corinthians 2.5).

It’s obvious that the gate is narrow and the way is constricted (Matthew 7.13,14). Imagine you trying to abide by what Jesus said below when you are being victim of injustice:

• “But I say to you, Do not resist evil. But whoever shall strike you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. And to him desiring to sue you, and to take away your tunic, let him have your coat also. And whoever shall compel you to go a mile, go with him two.” (Matthew 5.39-41).

Hence Jesus to have said:

• “And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? And He said to them, strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able.” (Luke 13.23,24).

And Paul explain why many people won’t be able to enter in:

• “and that we may be delivered from bad and evil men, *for faith is not the portion of all.*.” (2Thessalonians 3.2 - Darby).

Notwithstanding, if we long for being son of the Creator and being with Jesus, His angels and His bride for all eternity, we need to take seriously what Jesus said:

• “But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,” (Matthew 5.44).

In short:

• “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men;” (Colossians 3.23);
  • “Therefore whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. “ (1Corinthians 10.31).

Have a blessed day abiding by each word of Jesus.

Jayhawk4

May 12, 2020
Good work. Here is what I have difficulty with in trying to be Christlike, and this will only ramp up spectacularly in the coming months with the election coming; How to respond to outspoken people with completely opposite political viewpoints? Some of these are friends on facebook or other social site, others are authors of articles you read online or commenters on said articles.

Is it right to just ignore everything and stay out of it? Is there a way to respectfully disagree and keep your voice? Do we need to engage in the debates? Do we remain silent until it's time to vote? Does anyone else feel this way?

I want to be Christlike while walking through the predicaments as you put it, and respond in love but I find it very difficult sometimes to do so in regard to this. Thoughts?