What Will Our Heavenly Rewards Be?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LPT

Seriously though, just making it to Heaven will be reward enough for me...I don't care if I get any rewards or not...I'd be happy just to shine the other people's crowns as long as I make it there....Because whatever it's like there, it will sure beat the alternative...:)
Indeed and the last in line would be fine.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Indeed and the last in line would be fine.
Yep, I agree, but hey you deleted the candy part out my post....:confused: HAHAHA

Just playing with ya sugar...lol;)

P

Pisteuo

Here is the reward and hope I have in Christ .

In heaven there is the throne of God . Surrounding that throne are 24 other thrones with 24 elders sitting in each of them . Each one of those Elders are holding golden bowls of Incense , which are the prayers of the saints , the "unanswered " prayers of the saints .

I'n those bowls being kept by the Elders are the things that I want , the only reward that would mean anything .
You'll notice , these prayers of the saints are not being offered up to God until after the seventh seal has been broken .

L

LPT

Here is the reward and hope I have in Christ .

In heaven there is the throne of God . Surrounding that throne are 24 other thrones with 24 elders sitting in each of them . Each one of those Elders are holding golden bowls of Incense , which are the prayers of the saints , the "unanswered " prayers of the saints .

I'n those bowls being kept by the Elders are the things that I want , the only reward that would mean anything .
You'll notice , these prayers of the saints are not being offered up to God until after the seventh seal has been broken .
Hmm interesting I wonder what those unanswered prayers might be.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Depends.......IF I be in Heaven with the Lord, then I want my Mansion He has prepared for me..............IF it ends up there really is gonna be a new earth thingy where we end up......then I want a wee Cabin next to a nice Lake with bunches of fishies...... And a spot for a flower garden and a veggie garden..............

And if the Lord passes by, I'll fix Him some fishies and veggies with fresh fruit for dessert!

dancing-elephant-animation.gif

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Depends.......IF I be in Heaven with the Lord, then I want my Mansion He has prepared for me..............IF it ends up there really is gonna be a new earth thingy where we end up......then I want a wee Cabin next to a nice Lake with bunches of fishies...... And a spot for a flower garden and a veggie garden..............

And if the Lord passes by, I'll fix Him some fishies and veggies with fresh fruit for dessert!

View attachment 189859
Your answer is the only one that makes sense. Heaven is wherever God is. Heaven will eventually come to the earth. Our mansions will be coming with the New Jerusalem. Why we can't ponder what it will be like in glory, is because we don't know what it is to be like God. But we will once we put off this dark glass we look through we will know as we have been known. God will share everything with us. That I can't fathom, right now.

1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

I can imagine soaring throughout the universe helping God to manage new projects and worlds. I don't think we will wind up sitting on a stump and playing a harp. :cool:

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! blue_ladybug... PTL!
Jn 17:21-23 "that they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them as thou hast loved me."
One might say that we'll be made to be one with the Lord just as Jesus is one with the Father.
1 Cor 12:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then, face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
We'll come to know the Lord just as he knows us.
Rom 8:32 "He that spared not his own son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things."
Jam 5:20 "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and cover a multitude of sins."
Knowing how he Lord uses the church to minister his Spirit to the lost as he calls them to himself; imagine how that in New Jerusalem one might come to you, saying, 'Jesus just told me that he used you to lead me to himself and that I'm here because of you. Thank you!'
Jn 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Painting From "What Dreams Will Come" with Robin Williams
1541125006651.png
Don't seek a mansion nor a crown... Just to live in HIS Majestic Wonder forever with my beloved family and loved ones...

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The one reward is the same for all a pennies worth eternal life.
Matthew 20
I don't think this parable was about everyone gets the same,
even though some worked longer then others.

The land owner or [business man] hired workers for a fair wage.
He hired more workers as the day went, saying he would pay fair.

Matthew 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own?
Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

The business man could do what he wanted with his money, and he was generious
with it [like getting a bonuse at work] when he felt like it. He had compassion also.
-

Side note, I wonder if below verses read

Matthew 20:16 So the last [us] shall be first, and the first [old test saints] last:
for many be called, but few chosen.

Hebrews 11:40 (KJV) God having provided some better thing for us,
that they [old test saints] without us should not be made perfect.
-

It is easy to recognize that man has different skills, abilities and talents.
The more skilled and able you are, the greater variety of means you have
to help, to give, to serve—yes, to express love toward others.

Finding and developing your talents

The biggest factors in determining success or failure in life are motivation,
determination, drive, perseverance.” In other words, what matters most is
what you do with what God has given you.

In the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-30), Christ delegated talents to
His servants to see what they would do with them. You can look at this “talent”
in the sense we use that English-language word: a gift or ability.

Different people are capable of different amounts. Some have a capacity for
greater leadership, others for different responsibilities.
God can use every talent and every skill to further His purpose.

The parable of the pounds (Luke 19:11-27) teaches a similar lesson. In it,
Christ gave each servant a pound and said, Work with this until I return.

God wants to see what we will do with what He has given us.
We must learn to build, grow and produce.

As 1 Peter 4:10-11 say, we must be good stewards with our gifts
and use them to glorify the one who gave them.

God is like a farmer (John 15:1-2). As He labors with us, His great concern
is whether or not we are producing fruit. Nothing else matters if we don’t
produce good fruit. What kind of fruit?

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
What is on earth is temporary and of the flesh.
What is in heaven is total Spirit.
We rise up to the Spirit, we don't pull it down to the flesh.
To try to imagine paradise with a temporal mind is
a non sequitur . We will know when we get there. Let's
just have a joyful journey as we follow in the footprints
of Jesus getting there.

Mar 23, 2016
How do we win all the crowns?
The incorruptible crown is found in 1 Cor 9:25 - And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

The crown of rejoicing is found in 1 Thess 2:19-20 - For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? For ye are our glory and joy.

The crown of life is found in James 1:2 - Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

We also see the crown of life in Rev 2:10 - Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

The crown of righteousness is found in 2 Tim 4:8 - Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

The crown of glory is found in 1 Peter 5:4 - And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Read the context within which these verses sit in order to understand these crowns more completely.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
You are aware that this song is dedicated to and sung to Krishna? Krishna is certainly not a Christian's lord.
Oops and no I didn't know :eek:...Thought it was talking about Jesus...guess I better start researching things better...

Sorry, I would delete it but I can't it's past 5 minutes....It is getting deleted from my playlist, though...

Thanks for the info. on it...:)

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Sorry ya'll :oops:, looks like I need to stick with a language I understand "COUNTRY"....

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Oops and no I didn't know :eek:...Thought it was talking about Jesus...guess I better start researching things better...

Sorry, I would delete it but I can't it's past 5 minutes....It is getting deleted from my playlist, though...

Thanks for the info. on it...:)
I think that most people that listen to that song don't pick up on the background. If someone isn't listening it just sort of blends . . . but they start singing 'Krishna, Krishna, Hare, Hare . . . I really want to' and on. It does have a nice melody, but there is that Krishna problem thing.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I think that most people that listen to that song don't pick up on the background. If someone isn't listening it just sort of blends . . . but they start singing 'Krishna, Krishna, Hare, Hare . . . I really want to' and on. It does have a nice melody, but there is that Krishna problem thing.
Yep, and seriously thanks for letting me know.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
The same rewards as to those who overcome in Revelation 2 and 3.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
The same rewards as to those who overcome in Revelation 2 and 3.
Chapters 2 and 3 describe the church age, so, yes . . . they, like the rest of Bible-believing Blood washed Christians will be rewarded. I wonder if the rewards will be greater where the temptation is greatest to compromise. In Ephesus, the church was so new and so fresh that all were desirous of being on the same page as their preacher, but in the age of the Laodicean church most everyone is mostly interested in a feel-good, non-committal kind of fellowship based on love and not doctrine. It's really tough to make a stand when the majority is against you.