I
Islandgirlsiesie
Guest
Change can have multiple definitions. Change can be defined as an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another and as a process of transition. . I simply describe it as going from something you’re used to, to something new. The levels of change may affect people’s perspectives, beliefs and behavior. There isn’t one moment in time where there isn’t something shifting in us or around us. When you come to be somewhat comfortable or adjusted with what surrounds you, something else changes yet again. When things occur that deviate from what is standard, it can affect both individuals and groups. Throughout our entire lives, we endure many changes… Any dramatic or radical change, especially something dealing with the physical self, is going to have an influence on someone’s identity, whether or not the affect is minor or major.
In this scenario, personally, it would have a major- negative affect on me. Dealing with the first shock of the whole thing, I would have an incalculable amount of questions. I’m not certain of what I would think first. I might think, is this an astonishingly lifelike dream or nightmare shall I say? Why did this occur? How did this occur? Who am I? Am I still me, who I’ve grown to be and will become? What am I going to do? I would be absolutely horrified and confused. Everything about my physical appearance will have changed and that would destroy everything I have built my self- image to be.
After I had finished sulking in my immensity of sheer terror! I would call my mom, hoping she’d believe me. I would exclaim to her what has become of me and if by some miracle she did happen to believe me, she would come to me as quickly as humanly possible. We would discuss different possible solutions such as: calling my primary doctor, having a great deal of tests done. My primary concern with this would be me being shoved into the eye of the public as the young woman who magically became a young man... I’d be known as a monster to the children, freak to my peers, psychologically impaired to the skeptics, demon to the religious, etc. I already hate shining in the spotlight; this would be humiliating and disheveling. I would most likely have to see hundreds of doctors, specialists, and psychologists.
So many things would be racing through my mind constantly. I wouldn’t eat, I wouldn’t sleep, I wouldn’t leave my residency ( unless permitted by law-medical/research purposes), I wouldn’t talk to anyone but my closest family members and medical personnel, I would just stare at “myself” in the mirror in a dazed and bewildered state. Eventually, after countless hours of torture from doctor’s, psychologists, secret government agents, the media, my internal torment, I would resort to suicide. I would convince myself that this life isn’t the one I was originally given and that it wasn’t worth living this way. If I was somehow able to overcome all those obstacles and know that my condition was irreversible, I would live the life of a man. The only aspect of a man’s life that I would not partake in, would be to have experienced a boy’s childhood and I would NEVER engage in any sexual acts with men or women. Even though I had moved on, I am sure I would still always be thinking about what has happened and what could have been if it never had.
In this scenario, personally, it would have a major- negative affect on me. Dealing with the first shock of the whole thing, I would have an incalculable amount of questions. I’m not certain of what I would think first. I might think, is this an astonishingly lifelike dream or nightmare shall I say? Why did this occur? How did this occur? Who am I? Am I still me, who I’ve grown to be and will become? What am I going to do? I would be absolutely horrified and confused. Everything about my physical appearance will have changed and that would destroy everything I have built my self- image to be.
After I had finished sulking in my immensity of sheer terror! I would call my mom, hoping she’d believe me. I would exclaim to her what has become of me and if by some miracle she did happen to believe me, she would come to me as quickly as humanly possible. We would discuss different possible solutions such as: calling my primary doctor, having a great deal of tests done. My primary concern with this would be me being shoved into the eye of the public as the young woman who magically became a young man... I’d be known as a monster to the children, freak to my peers, psychologically impaired to the skeptics, demon to the religious, etc. I already hate shining in the spotlight; this would be humiliating and disheveling. I would most likely have to see hundreds of doctors, specialists, and psychologists.
So many things would be racing through my mind constantly. I wouldn’t eat, I wouldn’t sleep, I wouldn’t leave my residency ( unless permitted by law-medical/research purposes), I wouldn’t talk to anyone but my closest family members and medical personnel, I would just stare at “myself” in the mirror in a dazed and bewildered state. Eventually, after countless hours of torture from doctor’s, psychologists, secret government agents, the media, my internal torment, I would resort to suicide. I would convince myself that this life isn’t the one I was originally given and that it wasn’t worth living this way. If I was somehow able to overcome all those obstacles and know that my condition was irreversible, I would live the life of a man. The only aspect of a man’s life that I would not partake in, would be to have experienced a boy’s childhood and I would NEVER engage in any sexual acts with men or women. Even though I had moved on, I am sure I would still always be thinking about what has happened and what could have been if it never had.