What would you answer if someone asked something like this (Part 2).
1 - Do you ever think about your diet?
I ever think about this. I am unable to hold my own, though. Considering that the body is sanctuary of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 3.16), we can’t talk down the importance of diet, but give in to it, inasmuch as it is as important as doctors make it out to be. We need to make out our discipline in Christ Jesus.
2 - Can you forget about your problems?
It depends on the problem. When the problem is doing harm to someone else, we ought to look for a solution as soon as possible.
If the problem has to do with our maintenance, we need to figure in the promises of Jesus (for example, Matthew 6.33) and put more effort forth to practice them.
However, many times we invent problems on our own. We create storm in a teacup. At this moment, we need to look at Jesus and rest in His promises, for example:
• “But now thus saith Jehovah that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee; I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am Jehovah thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour; I have given Egypt as thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in thy stead. Since thou hast been precious in my sight, and honorable, and I have loved thee; therefore will I give men in thy stead, and peoples instead of thy life. Fear not; for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;” (Isaiah 43.1-5).
1 - Do you ever think about your diet?
I ever think about this. I am unable to hold my own, though. Considering that the body is sanctuary of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 3.16), we can’t talk down the importance of diet, but give in to it, inasmuch as it is as important as doctors make it out to be. We need to make out our discipline in Christ Jesus.
2 - Can you forget about your problems?
It depends on the problem. When the problem is doing harm to someone else, we ought to look for a solution as soon as possible.
If the problem has to do with our maintenance, we need to figure in the promises of Jesus (for example, Matthew 6.33) and put more effort forth to practice them.
However, many times we invent problems on our own. We create storm in a teacup. At this moment, we need to look at Jesus and rest in His promises, for example:
• “But now thus saith Jehovah that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee; I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am Jehovah thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour; I have given Egypt as thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in thy stead. Since thou hast been precious in my sight, and honorable, and I have loved thee; therefore will I give men in thy stead, and peoples instead of thy life. Fear not; for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;” (Isaiah 43.1-5).