Whatever he does shall prosper...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katy-follower

Senior Member
Jun 25, 2011
2,719
155
63
Last week was difficult and emotional for me. I let negative events take over my mind and control me. I look back now and can't believe I allowed some things to affect me.

I work in a cut throat industry, where people just don't play fair. They will look for ways to knock you down and destroy your success... people you don't know.

It's always been this way, but in the last couple of years I've noticed a dramatic rise even more in the way people treat others. Someone reminded me last week of the reality that I'm actually describing the state of the world, not just my industry. And we know things will continue to get worse, because of sin, and the scriptures say there will be an increase in wickedness in the last days. I feel like we're getting so close.

I truly have to deal with the worst of it. But God uses my travels and puts people in my path (from all walks of life) that He wants me to speak to. It's nice that I often end up working with believers unexpectedly, and so I also get the fellowship.

I just pray that God continues to protect me from all the negativity and not let it affect me.

So after a stressful week, tonight I was trying to find a quote on trees and was curious about biblical ones. This was God's doing as He led me to this specific scripture. Made me cry actually, so wanted to share it......

Psalm 1

Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
 
Hi Katy-follower,

this might be helpful to you in your struggles.

http://metrodonut.ch/living-and-suffering-for-christ.php