Whatever people say the mark of the beast is: its a lie.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 1, 2019
The oath I believe is the mark .Like for instance . Mark my word tattooed in stone.... the letter of it kills it will not return empty . His Spirit give life it will not return empty but it shall accomplish that which The Holy Spirit pleases, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto He sent it.

Exodus 31:18And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Note …. (my addition)

When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, ( mark my Christ's word ) lest any finding him should kill him.Genesis 4:12-15

The mark is on all who would try and kill, making them a murderer just as Cain .No bargaining with death it has no mercy in this land.
Greetings garee, This was the point I was making...as you point out; the words spoken or written by our Creator are the Law....our choice to follow them is our mark or oath. It is visible evidence, a sign for all to see that we are in allegiance with Him. As it says in 1 Kings 2:3 "If we keep the charge of the LORD our God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:" More blessings in Deut 28:1-14. BUT, if we chose to "go after other gods to serve them" then Curses. see Deut 28 15-68

The point of any "mark" is that it is a sign of who you serve. Whoever you serve is who you obey. Whoever you obey is who you expect something from. A servant obeys his master. If he does not, he is no longer a servant, but in addition to that the question remains if he no longer serves/obeys his master, who does he obey?

Even in our modern dictionaries the term "marked man" signifies that a man has done something (similar to Cain) that has put him under the threat of harm even death. Referring this theme back to the "mark" of the beast our Creator made it clear; do not align yourself, obey or serve, worship, take benifits from, (all the same meaning) the beast system! Most people do not recognize just how critical an error and how egregious a slight towards God it is to seek out sign a perjury oath to and align ones self to the Social Security Administration (SSA) ! You are marked with a number as having aligned yourself with the SSA! Do you even know the terms of your contract? When you make that perjury oath have you violated the very first commandment?

Deuteronomy 5:7 KJV Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

Does the Social Security Administration meet the criteria of a "god"?

"god" definition: can be something having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

The SSA seems to meet these criteria. Do men pay tribute to the SSA? YES! Do the words; "pay into the system" really change the fact that this is a "tribute" to a "god" that we serve or agree to the terms of, trust in for "security" etc? NO. I think men in general serve what they see rather than trust in The One True Elohim/Our Heavenly Father and accept His provisions and terms according to His mandates. Men want a fixed income to trust in. They want this income on their terms. Without the SSA and the SS check life is far more a life of faith and dependence on God! Men have and will will say that living off the land or by faith is too undependable, but is it? No, our blessings and curses are determined by our own service/obedience to Gods terms.

When Babylon falls and the SS checks stop coming many will wish they had been in service to God and His order as the false gods of SS checks and pensions disappear. The sun will shine, the rain will fall, the soil will warm and germinate the seed as long as the Earth is here. This is what our Creator has promised to those who align with Him only:
Exodus 23:24-25 KJV Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images. (25) And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
Isaiah 33:15-16 KJV He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; (16) He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Actually the scripture says:

"Here is a call for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and that number is 666."

Neither those churches, nor any of those following in the generations to come would be able to understand what the mark the is, nor its calculation. Only now, in this generation do we understand what the mark of the beast is and how it is going to be used. We've already seen the technology for it with people being implanted with RFID chips under the skin of the hand. That technology will continue to evolve, most likely into something more applicable leading up to the revealing of antichrist. What will remain consistent, is that, just as scripture states, it will go in/on the hand or forehead. The coming mark will replace cash, checks and all other forms of electronic crediting and debiting (buying and selling).

The majority of the book of Revelation, from chapter 4 on is future. Once the church has been gathered that will end the "What is now" part of what John was told to write and will begin the "what must take place later," i.e. after the church period.

(1Ki)
10:14
The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents,

(2Ch)
9:13

(Ezr)
2:13
of Adonikam 666

(Rev)
13:18
This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
1kings 10:7。
But I did not believe these things until I came and saw with my own eyes. Indeed, not even half was told me; in wisdom and wealth you have far exceeded the report I heard.

maybe it's the mark of the beast, But I did not believe these things(god) until I came and saw with my own eyes (until i die and see god with my own eyes)

soberxp

May 3, 2018
(1Ki)

(2Ch)

(Ezr)
of Adonikam 666

(Rev)
This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

But I did not believe these things until I came and saw with my own eyes. Indeed, not even half was told me; in wisdom and wealth you have far exceeded the report I heard.

maybe it's the mark of the beast, But I did not believe these things(god) until I came and saw with my own eyes (until i die and see god with my own eyes)

(Ezr)
of Adonikam 666

Adonikam

It means "made by God."

It was one of the people who "came back with Zorubbabel" (Ezra 2:13), and his 666 "descendants" (or family members) returned to Jerusalem (8:13).

soberxp

May 3, 2018
(1Ki)

(2Ch)

(Ezr)
of Adonikam 666

(Rev)

(Ezr)
of Adonikam 666

Adonikam

It means "made by God."

It was one of the people who "came back with Zorubbabel" (Ezra 2:13), and his 666 "descendants" (or family members) returned to Jerusalem (8:13).

i think this means all mankind will return to Jerusalem or truth .

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Ecclesiastes 3:18
I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.

Ecclesiastes 3:19
Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless.

Ecclesiastes 3:20
All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

Ecclesiastes 3:21
Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"

Ecclesiastes 3:22
So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?

Jul 23, 2018
In my opinion, nothing in your post explains the connection with the mark of the beast, nor the side effects.

There is evidence out there that suggests the best place for a implant powered by a Lithium battery is actually either in the right hand or in the forehead, as this has something to do with the body's temperature in those specific locations.

We are seeing already in places microchip implants, whether it be for employment or for convenience. There are clips on youtube available that clearly shows the insertion of such a device. There are even clips of showing people paying with implants.

Not only that, but we are now also seeing mandated vaccines coming into force in some places, with fines for parents who don't comply. And one can easily get a rfid implant from a vaccine.

So I don't know why some people cannot see the threat we people face today. We are seeing more and more technologies designed to merge man with machine, which in my opinion is to turn man into a robotized humanoid.

With all these emerging technologies, like 5G, AI and Nanotechnology, it really is not hard to see where society is headed. In my opinion we already have the technology in place to have people connected to a "super computer" of some type, which may involve implants based on AI and/or Nanotech.

The technologies we see today, I personally believe that the future of mankind is to become a robotized zombie, with no free will or mind of his/her but simply a biological drone bot.

When man was created, the most important gift given is "free will". We already seeing evidence in places how a person's free will is becoming under threat. Cannot say this or cannot say that as it is considered "hate speech" for example. And based on all the evidence and with what I know to this date, in my opinion mind control is connected with the mark of the beast.

The warning and the consequences described in Rev 14.9-11 is very strong. And there is a reason for this.

The buying and selling reference in Rev 13.17, the word "buy" in greek is G59 agorazo can also mean to go to market based on Strong's concordance, and "sell" which in the greek is G4453 poleo, and going by Strong's it can also mean to barter.

The Mark of The Beast is such a serious topic that requires a lot of study in my opinion, because of the time period we live in and we have to know what this thing is.

My suggestion to people, do your own research, and use Strong's Concordance to see what the words used in the English translation actually mean.
"The technologies we see today, I personally believe that the future of mankind is to become a robotized zombie, with no free will or mind of his/her but simply a biological drone bot. "
The advent of Obama brought with it the spirit you describe concerning man.
Libs always were kinda robotic in their following.
That component is a necessary catalyst for a luciferian society.
We see conservative speakers banned in colleges and social media for the explicit reason to stop rational thinking.
The ac will have as a following,mindless (smart but duped) minions.
Our minds go bonkers apart from God.
The mark is a seal. It denotes satans property.
One sells their soul.
Its like this; Esau was an idiot,but we are all idiots. Sin proves we have no respect for our birthright.
Mans obcession with the forbidden eventually arrives as puppets for satan in the gt. Robotic puppets for the ac.
It is satans finest hour.
The obama era ushered in change. It emboldened and took man worship/rebellion to a new level.
I think Trump will be stopped. The good people are too passive and the bad too aggressive.
What is happening under trump is a crystal clear line in the sand.
The dupped are getting insane and the ones that can still think are looking on in disgust and amazement.
The trick is to get christians to follow what is coming on the world. GREAT DECEPTION.
It is already here.
GREAT DECEPTION.
So the mark will be no problem.
Many nominal beleivers will take the mark.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
"The technologies we see today, I personally believe that the future of mankind is to become a robotized zombie, with no free will or mind of his/her but simply a biological drone bot. "
The advent of Obama brought with it the spirit you describe concerning man.
Libs always were kinda robotic in their following.
That component is a necessary catalyst for a luciferian society.
We see conservative speakers banned in colleges and social media for the explicit reason to stop rational thinking.
The ac will have as a following,mindless (smart but duped) minions.
Our minds go bonkers apart from God.
The mark is a seal. It denotes satans property.
One sells their soul.
Its like this; Esau was an idiot,but we are all idiots. Sin proves we have no respect for our birthright.
Mans obcession with the forbidden eventually arrives as puppets for satan in the gt. Robotic puppets for the ac.
It is satans finest hour.
The obama era ushered in change. It emboldened and took man worship/rebellion to a new level.
I think Trump will be stopped. The good people are too passive and the bad too aggressive.
What is happening under trump is a crystal clear line in the sand.
The dupped are getting insane and the ones that can still think are looking on in disgust and amazement.
The trick is to get christians to follow what is coming on the world. GREAT DECEPTION.
It is already here.
GREAT DECEPTION.
So the mark will be no problem.
Many nominal beleivers will take the mark.
I have seen an old man in a hospital in China, using electronic eyes that look a bit like a Terminator. It scares me. It's not beautiful at all. It makes me feel like something evil.
But I don't think humans have the ability to turn the brain into an electronic one.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
But this makes me feel that ordinary people are very afraid of death, and they do everything they can to extend their lifespan, or even the dysfunctional part of their body. It makes me feel sorry for them. The truth is there, and they don't understand it. They don't know.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I just checked the word "mark" in reference to Genesis 4.15 which the Hebrew word is "owth" (H226 Strong's concordance).

The greek word "mark" in relation to Rev 13.16-17, is "charagma". The meanings are different. You scratch someone and they bleed, the skin has been penetrated, you do etching or engraving on material the outer layer will be penetrated during the process. The hebrew word "owth" that i checked does not give that same impression, based on what I have read.
Also was used in reference to stamps on documents; in other words not necessarily an etching or engraving. The following is From the BDAG. The bold emphasizes was added by me.

χάραγμα, ατος, τό (χαράσσω; Soph.+)
a mark that is engraved, etched, branded, cut, imprinted, mark, stamp (Anth. Pal. 6, 63, 6; 7, 220, 2; Anacreontea 27, 2 Preisendanz πυρός brands on horses; BGU 453, 8; PGrenf II, 50a, 3 [both II A.D., brands on animals]. For stamps on documents: CPR 4, 37; PLond II, 277, 20 p. 218 [23 A.D.]; Sb 5231, 11; 5247, 34; 5275, 11 [all I A.D.]. An impression on coins: Plut., Ages. 604 [15, 8], Lys. 442 [16, 4], Mor. 211b al.; POxy 144, 6) in 2:29; UvWilamowitz, Her 34, 1899, 634f; HLilliebjörn, Über relig. Signierung in d. Antike; mit e. Exkurs über Rv, diss. Upps. ’33): 13:16; 14:9; 20:4. τὸ χάρ. τοῦ θηρίου 15:2 v.l.; 16:2; 19:20. τὸ χάρ. τοῦ ὀνόματος αὐτοῦ 14:11. τὸ χάρ. τὸ ὄνομα τοῦ θηρίου ἢ τὸν ἀριθμὸν τοῦ ὀνόματος αὐτοῦ 13:17.—Dssm., NB 68–75 (BS 240–47), LO 289f (LAE 341); JYsebaert, Gk. Baptismal Terminology, ’62, esp. 196–204.

an object fashioned by artistic skill involving alteration of a medium, thing formed, image in the representative arts χάρ. τέχνης an image formed by art Ac 17:29 (CIG 6208 Φοῖβον χαράττειν; cp. Horace, Sat. I, 8, 1–3).—DELG s.v. χαράσσω II, 1. M-M. TW.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
SimpleGardner said:
Until then is there any doubt that many have exchanged the truth for a lie, they saw God, knew enough to Glorify Him, yet didn't, so their hearts are darkened! Rom 1:21
I've read a good commentary (doubt I could locate it now) that said this verse (or maybe vv.21-25?? I forget exactly) refers specifically to "Israel" in their OT relationship to God, rather than, say, to mankind in general, here in this particular context)… I wonder what you might think of that idea...
Here's another part of what I was referring to:

Acts 7 [bsb] -

41 At that time they made a calf and offered a sacrifice to the idol, rejoicing in the works of their hands. 42 But God turned away from them and gave them over to the worship of the host of heaven, as it is written in the book of the prophets:
‘Did you bring Me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the wilderness, O house of Israel?
43 You have taken along the tabernacle of Moloch
and the star of your god Rephan,
the idols you made to worship.
Therefore I will send you into exile
beyond Babylon
.’

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
REV.14 [9] And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,[10] The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

above scripture sign – hand - forehead (between the eyes) - cup of indignation – the bad guys
below scriptures sign – hand - between thine eyes (forehead) - the LORDS LAW – the good guys

DEUT.6 [2] That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and HIS COMMANDMENTS, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.[3] Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.[4]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: [5]And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. [6]And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: [7]And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. [8]And thou shalt bind them for A SIGN UPON THINE HAND, and they shall be as FRONTLETS BETWEEN THINE EYES.

EXOD.13 [9] And it shall be for a SIGN unto thee UPON THINE HAND, and for A MEMORIAL BETWEEN THINE EYES, that the LORD's LAW may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.

Mar 28, 2016
Greetings garee, This was the point I was making...as you point out; the words spoken or written by our Creator are the Law....our choice to follow them is our mark or oath.
Hi thanks for the reply.

I would offer. The words spoken as a mark..... is the mark of His word. It is law you could say etched or marked in stone by the finger of God as the mark of His word. The mark of....My will, will come to pass. .

The mark of the daily source of faith or bread by which can please Him. He is of one mind and always does whatsoever His soul pleases. it is he who does make our hearts soft. (Job23)

The power of His word working in us is our mark or witness that we have heard Him . If we do His will... its a mark he worked with us as a imputed righteousness .We should do without murmuring .He gives us a new heart with new desires, a desire to do the will of him not seen . The kind of spiritual food as our spiritual gift.....by which alone can strengthened to please God as that I which the apostles at first did not understand. . If he has begun it us he will finish it as our confidant. (Philippians 1:6)

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:philipians2:13-14

It is visible evidence, a sign for all to see that we are in allegiance with Him. As it says in 1 Kings 2:3 "If we keep the charge of the LORD our God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:" More blessings in Deut 28:1-14. BUT, if we chose to "go after other gods to serve them" then Curses. see Deut 28 15-68
Yes we keep charge by walking by faith as two walking together. the goal of are faith will not be seen until we receive our new incorruptible bodies. An allegiance of faith with Him. A personal born again experience between God and the individual .No outward "sign gift" as that seen.

God resisted the faithless Jews attempt to walk after the manner of all the kings in the world, as gods in the likeness of men (.a signs and wonderment gospel of men) Having no faith in one God not seen who reveals himself by the mark of his word (scripture) He remains invisible, not a man or beast . Not formed from the rudiments of this world.

In unbelief they had become jealous of the surrounding pagan nations. that represented "the abomination of desecration in the holy place". God gave them up temporally to do what they should not They did not want a king not seen reigning over them . And used that time period to represent what it would be like if the Kingdom of God was of this world and it came by observation. . They refused to believe God and rather said; we will do whatsoever our own mouths says as oral tradition of men led by the spirit of lies .Satan, the father of lies. To the unbelieving Jew the shadows and types us in that parable for the time before the reformation were more than shadows and the time period more that a parable to preach the gospel in respect to the suffering of Christ beforehand. (the good purpose of the ceremonial laws) encourage, strengthen faith.

The time of reformation has come over two thousands years ago.

Even in our modern dictionaries the term "marked man" signifies that a man has done something (similar to Cain) that has put him under the threat of harm even death. Referring this theme back to the "mark" of the beast our Creator made it clear; do not align yourself, obey or serve, worship, take benifits from, (all the same meaning) the beast system! Most people do not recognize just how critical an error and how egregious a slight towards God it is to seek out sign a perjury oath to and align ones self to the Social Security Administration (SSA) ! You are marked with a number as having aligned yourself with the SSA! Do you even know the terms of your contract? When you make that perjury oath have you violated the very first commandment?
The beast system is natural unconverted man like that of Cain. He did not have any faith that could please God coming from God not seen so he slew his brother whose faith continues cry out as the first martyr.

I would agree done something (similar to Cain) violated the will of God . Marked by the word of God, as law. The letter or mark of the word did kill Cain just as it promised.

We have that mark written with the finger of God as our witness that shows the purifying integrity of the word .Again the blood of Abel still cries out as the first martyr. Not a literal mark as a sign.

Jesus will come like a thief in the night on the last day. Just as in the days of Noah. Things will be the same as History repeats itself over and over seeing the rise and fall of every empire had to do with moral issues. . We can watch like Noah but he will come on the last day and in the twinkling of the eye final destruction .

And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. Genesis 4:15

666= natural unconverted man

Mar 28, 2016
REV.14 [9] And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,[10] The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

above scripture sign – hand - forehead (between the eyes) - cup of indignation – the bad guys
below scriptures sign – hand - between thine eyes (forehead) - the LORDS LAW – the good guys

DEUT.6 [2] That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and HIS COMMANDMENTS, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.[3] Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.[4]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: [5]And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. [6]And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: [7]And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. [8]And thou shalt bind them for A SIGN UPON THINE HAND, and they shall be as FRONTLETS BETWEEN THINE EYES.

EXOD.13 [9] And it shall be for a SIGN unto thee UPON THINE HAND, and for A MEMORIAL BETWEEN THINE EYES, that the LORD's LAW may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
I see that a little differently.

sign – forehead = will
sign – hand = doing will (to do or to perform )

Sign God is working = to do according to his hand of the will that moves the creature.

As a complete work .Emanauel works in us with us to both will (forehead mind) and to do (work hand ). His good pleasure For he perfoms that whci he appoints to us. it is he that makes our hearts soft when we mix faith in what we do see or hear (Hebrew 4.

An memorable as a shadow can be there. But shadows do not provide the substance to work in us to both will and do His good pleasure.

It can cause a drawing of the flesh as pleasing to the eye and possibly pride .We should be careful that it does not turn into a idol image. We walk by faith.

May 1, 2019
I see that a little differently.

sign – forehead = will
sign – hand = doing will (to do or to perform )

Sign God is working = to do according to his hand of the will that moves the creature.

As a complete work .Emanauel works in us with us to both will (forehead mind) and to do (work hand ). His good pleasure For he perfoms that whci he appoints to us. it is he that makes our hearts soft when we mix faith in what we do see or hear (Hebrew 4.

An memorable as a shadow can be there. But shadows do not provide the substance to work in us to both will and do His good pleasure.

It can cause a drawing of the flesh as pleasing to the eye and possibly pride .We should be careful that it does not turn into a idol image. We walk by faith.

Greetings garee,

It is correct that a sign or mark in the hand "signifies that the person is doing the will of God or a god

It is correct that a mark or sign in the forehead "signifies" that the person is not only doing the will of God or a god but also is convinced in their mind that it is good and correct.

Yes, there was/is a promise in the OT that YHWH would write His laws upon our hearts!

Jeremiah 31:33-34 KJV But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

and;

Ezekiel 11:19-20 KJV And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: (20) That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

and;

Ezekiel 36:26-27 KJV A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

and quoted in the NT in;

Hebrews 8:10 KJV For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

and

Hebrews 10:16-17 KJV This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (17) And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Our Heavenly Fathers desire to again establish the "righteous heart and mind" of His elect, symbolically "marking" them for Himself as shown in:

Revelation 7:1-3 KJV And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (2) And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, (3) Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Hereagain sealed in the foreheads "signifies" a work in the heart and the mind where the elect who are spoken of are educated, enlightened, sanctified by the Spirit of Truth to the point that they are unwavering in their knowledge and allegiance to The Kingdom of Heaven! They bear the "mark" of the Holy One of Israel in that they are/will be fully persuaded, incredibly well educated and walking in the YHWH's ways, keeping His statutes, and His commandments, and His judgments, and His testimonies, as they are written in the law of Moses! Paraphrases from 1 Kings 2:3

In this process where:

Philippians 2:13 KJV For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

We must never remain passive. We have so many admonitions to learn the ways, statutes, commandments, judgments, and testimonies, as they are written in the law of Moses. In doing this we are preforming the first half of Jesus' declaration of truth in;

John 14:21 KJV He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Upon "hathing" or knowing the heart of God He begins to work all aspects of it into our daily lives until we reflect our risen Savior as He is literally "in us"!

Bless YHWH! Know and Keep!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Speaking of lies in regards to the mark of the beast. Seventh-day Adventists teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. - http://www.nonsda.org/study8.shtml

Mar 28, 2016
Greetings garee,

It is correct that a sign or mark in the hand "signifies that the person is doing the will of God or a god
Hi thanks for the reply,

No, there is no such thing as a outward sign gift to confirm to begin with. We walk by faith . Hand represents doing the will, forehead represents the will . as metaphors. Its the problem when those who walk by sight insist on literalizing everything .They miss out on the spiritual application hid in those parables .

It is correct that a mark or sign in the forehead "signifies" that the person is not only doing the will of God or a god but also is convinced in their mind that it is good and correct.
Not a literal mark like that which Catholics use in their oral tradition of ash Wednesday . They like any sign wonders seeker believe seeing is believing . Jesus says they have received their reward .

The mark referenced to 666 a number metaphor that God has assigned to represent unconverted natural man a beast of the field (formed of the clay of the field like the other beasts ) setting aside mankind as one. . It is the mark that God used as etched in stone the letter of the law engraved by the finger of God. The letter of the law is said to be tattooed to the hard heart of natural man

Yes, there was/is a promise in the OT that YHWH would write His laws upon our hearts!

Jeremiah 31:33-34 KJV But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Amen, Again yes write them on our hard hearts of stone. Hearts that are desperately wicked as in who can know it? One day excusing oneself the other accusing. Not the new born again heart and new spirit. .

Some would think because God has written his law on our hearts that we are born with a source of faith . which the Bible says the opposite (no faith none) The source according to what they eyes see (the Bible God's word written by the finger of God etched in stone the letter kills . The unseen spirit of faith according to that law it brings new life as it heals.

and;

Ezekiel 11:19-20 KJV And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: (20) That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Amen, exactly a new heart not the hard of stone with the law written on it that men cannot understand with without the Spirit .

and;

Ezekiel 36:26-27 KJV A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

and quoted in the NT in;

Hebrews 8:10 KJV For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

and

Hebrews 10:16-17 KJV This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (17) And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Our Heavenly Fathers desire to again establish the "righteous heart and mind" of His elect, symbolically "marking" them for Himself as shown in:

Revelation 7:1-3 KJV And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (2) And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, (3) Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Hereagain sealed in the foreheads "signifies" a work in the heart and the mind where the elect who are spoken of are educated, enlightened, sanctified by the Spirit of Truth to the point that they are unwavering in their knowledge and allegiance to The Kingdom of Heaven! They bear the "mark" of the Holy One of Israel in that they are/will be fully persuaded, incredibly well educated and walking in the YHWH's ways, keeping His statutes, and His commandments, and His judgments, and His testimonies, as they are written in the law of Moses! Paraphrases from 1 Kings 2:3
Amen...

May 1, 2019
The "ways" of God run contrary to the "ways" of the world. When Jesus gave the call to "come, follow me" along with the "go sell all that you have" He was essentially saying shed the "mark" of this world that is upon you and step out in faith into "The Kingdom of Heaven" a system of actual living and breathing and eating that is done according to another order of laws and motivations. That step of faith earns a man ridicule from the world and treasures in heaven. Power, pride, skill, cunning and ambition translate to High status in this world...Meekness, lowliness, humility, poor, childlike translate to High status in the Kingdom of Heaven. Both these sets of attributes, the ones for the world and the ones for the Kingdom of Heaven are the "Marks" that identify the individuals who carry them and who they are allied with, Beast or Creator!