What's a good first car ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SigP226

use autotempest.com Best site out there for finding great examples of interesting cars

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Aaaannd, the best all-time answer to the title question is:

"One that gets you from point A to point B."

:D

SupahKent

Jul 27, 2021
Accord.jpg

To those whom I may offend with this image, I forgive you.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Buy electric if u can. Try not to drive unless essential. Buy a small Japanese car. Care for it. Focus on fun times not polishing it

F

flygplan

Buy electric if u can. Try not to drive unless essential. Buy a small Japanese car. Care for it. Focus on fun times not polishing it
It all depends if you're a car person or not. And if you are; what kind of cars you'd like to have. If all you want is to get from point A to point B and not really care about anything else, yes, get a Japanese car. :) Otherwise save up to get something you'll become in love with every time you look at what's in your driveway or garage.

R

RaceBoy

It all depends if you're a car person or not. And if you are; what kind of cars you'd like to have. If all you want is to get from point A to point B and not really care about anything else, yes, get a Japanese car. :) Otherwise save up to get something you'll become in love with every time you look at what's in your driveway or garage.
I'm hoping to get a Mazda Miata (preferably the NA generation). It's good on Gas, i cant learn how to drive a manual transmission car, and its small so its easier to park. Plus its good on gas (cost about $25-$30 to fill up and can go about 250-300 miles), cheap and easy to work on and maintain as there's plenty of parts on the aftermarket.

Feb 16, 2017
I'm gonna be getting my license eventually and I'm wondering what's a good first car under 6k ? I want a Mazda Miata but those are getting harder to find in that price range. Suggestions ?
IN your case, get a pre-owned Toyota or Nissan with solid service history.

IF you've never purchased a car before then be sure to open the hood and check the oil. If the level mark is not above halfway on the stick, move along.
Look under the car for an oil leak.....find one, move along.

Have the dealer or seller start the car as you stand behind it. Look at the tail pipe... Do you see smoke that is WHITE???
White is bad......blue, not so much. No smoke = GOOD.
White smoke is burning oil, so that means the motor is very worn.......Move along.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Look at the tail pipe... Do you see smoke that is WHITE???
White is bad......blue, not so much. No smoke = GOOD.
White smoke is burning oil, so that means the motor is very worn.......Move along.
pure-white means water vapor
gray-white means coolant
blue means burning oil
black means rich fuel

Feb 16, 2017
pure-white means water vapor
gray-white means coolant
blue means burning oil
black means rich fuel
Start up, cold engine.

Oil or antifreeze burns as white. Water vapor is white, and of course, if its cold out, you get white.
Blue, is usually, "too rich fuel =. air to gas ratio.
Can blue mean oil? yes.
Can white be a head gasket issue, yes.