What's For Dinner

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
It's Mama's bingo night, so I'm on my own. It's either stuffed pepper or pizza. Right now it's leaning pizza, but suppertime is still seven hours away.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
In my family, we baked three apple pies every Saturday, and they were gone by Sunday night.
We always baked them for at least an hour, with an oven temperature change at some point....
when my gram was first married, she baked an apple pie one morning. then she began the rest of her chores. by lunchtime she was very hungry, and the pie smelled so good she cut herself a big piece.
well, it tasted so yummy she ate another, and mid afternoon yet another. by then there was just one piece left, and she was so embarrassed she finished it and baked another pie.
granddad noticed she ate very little dinner, and lovingly asked her if she didn't want pie. she declined. :D

years later she confessed this to him (not that he remembered). lol

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Thank :love: You I am on another forum, but I like a lot of the topics discussed on here.(y)(y)
this is one of my favorite threads! i'm not cooking today... husband will be at our daughter's for dinner.
(i'm a bit housebound)

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
this is one of my favorite threads! i'm not cooking today... husband will be at our daughter's for dinner.
(i'm a bit housebound)
I figure everyone eats, and we have this topic on my other Forum that I joined in 2010. Praying for your :love: health you said you are a bit housebound. Sometimes, I enjoy being home because I get tired of running around shopping. We do have to have food in the house, and other household items. I am a senior citizen. Everyone have a good :love: weekend.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
when my gram was first married, she baked an apple pie one morning. then she began the rest of her chores. by lunchtime she was very hungry, and the pie smelled so good she cut herself a big piece.
well, it tasted so yummy she ate another, and mid afternoon yet another. by then there was just one piece left, and she was so embarrassed she finished it and baked another pie.
granddad noticed she ate very little dinner, and lovingly asked her if she didn't want pie. she declined. :D

years later she confessed this to him (not that he remembered). lol
I have an apple pie story .:unsure::D:giggle:. As mentioned, we baked three apple pies every weekend, and when I was quite young, I used to love picking the pieces of baked apple out of the pie, the ones that extended out from under the crust. Of course there were complaints about this, and I had to stop. As children we also like to eat the apple peels as my mother was preparing the pie, and our crusts were all home made as well. Some pies were baked to be frozen, for those times when we might have guests and needed an extra pie or two, because we did not always know who might show up for a Sunday afternoon visit and then stay for dinner! Any ways, those pies were so dang tasty, one time as a teen I decided I would steal a pie from the freezer to eat later. Problem was I had to stash it somewhere in order to allow it to thaw, so I put it in a dresser drawer that was in the basement also, opposite where the deep freeze was... hidden away so nobody else knew it was there or what I was planning to do. Another problem arose: I forgot all about the pie. LOL. A few decades later I confessed to this caper while visiting family, and my mother exclaimed that she had always wondered who had hidden that pie, because at some subsequent point in time she had found it as a mouldy mass in the drawer where I had hidden it .:ROFL:. Apple pie is still my top favourite .:)

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I have an apple pie story .:unsure::D:giggle:. As mentioned, we baked three apple pies every weekend, and when I was quite young, I used to love picking the pieces of baked apple out of the pie, the ones that extended out from under the crust. Of course there were complaints about this, and I had to stop. As children we also like to eat the apple peels as my mother was preparing the pie, and our crusts were all home made as well. Some pies were baked to be frozen, for those times when we might have guests and needed an extra pie or two, because we did not always know who might show up for a Sunday afternoon visit and then stay for dinner! Any ways, those pies were so dang tasty, one time as a teen I decided I would steal a pie from the freezer to eat later. Problem was I had to stash it somewhere in order to allow it to thaw, so I put it in a dresser drawer that was in the basement also, opposite where the deep freeze was... hidden away so nobody else knew it was there or what I was planning to do. Another problem arose: I forgot all about the pie. LOL. A few decades later I confessed to this caper while visiting family, and my mother exclaimed that she had always wondered who had hidden that pie, because at some subsequent point in time she had found it as a mouldy mass in the drawer where I had hidden it .:ROFL:. Apple pie is still my top favourite .:)
it just occurred to me that you and Gram have a lot in common! she was raised on a farm, and was one of 13 children. she said they slaughtered a hog in November, and used everything but the squeal. :LOL:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
it just occurred to me that you and Gram have a lot in common! she was raised on a farm, and was one
of 13 children. she said they slaughtered a hog in November, and used everything but the squeal. :LOL:
I was number seven of eleven, and my dad had eleven siblings. Both he and my mom were raised on farms, and you know what they say: you can take the boy out of the farm but you cannot take the farm out of the boy! My dad brought home a whole hog once; my oldest brother was a trained butcher at the time, and they laid it out on the kitchen table (we has a large kitchen table LOL), and he cut it up. Yes, yes, I saved the sow's ear because I wanted a silk purse. Hehee. I knew it wasn't going to happen but the whole thing was such a novelty at the time, it was kind of like a keepsake for a while. Another time it was a whole half cow laying on the kitchen table.