What's in your name?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richie_2uk
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

Guest
I noticed many new people joining CC. and there names or usernames are getting longer and bigger. But what's in your name? and how did you come up with your name?

Mine goes like this. its simple really.

richie_2uk= Richard is my name, but everyone call me richie, the number 2 is the year 2000, which was the first time i came on internet, and UK is the country = richie_2uk.......;)

So what's in your name? and how did you come up with your name?
 
Mine is from Anita Diamant's book "The Red Tent". Once a month Hebrew women went to live in a Red Tent where they enjoyed love and caring about each other.
 
It is my understanding the name Jesus means God is Salvation. The simple statement of God is Salvation is the foundation point of my faith which I am trying to build upon since it is a sturdy rock. Which is why I chose the name.

(My birth-given name is Patrick so you all can feel free to call me that if you want.)
 
I use my real name because I like to associate myself with Jesus. It helps me be accountable for the things I say and do.

Of course if you already have an anonymous name, you could add your real one to your profile :)
 
Of course if you already have an anonymous name, you could add your real one to your profile :)

I wouldn't advise that, too many crazies roaming the cybersphere.

Crossnote, not so much a reminder of the centrality of the cross but the doctrine of the cross+music of thanksgiving.
 
I wouldn't advise that, too many crazies roaming the cybersphere.

Crossnote, not so much a reminder of the centrality of the cross but the doctrine of the cross+music of thanksgiving.

Jesus and the apostles didn't hide their identities and they were well aware of the dangers.

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
 
Do you talk to and help the people who have a reputation of being crazy? Do you fear them?? Because what you fear you serve. If you fear evil, you serve it. If you fear money, you serve it. Death?

Psalm 27:1 Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

Hebrews 2:15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Revelation 2:10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown.