What's the dumbest/ silliest thing you believed as a child?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
My friends used to believe in ouija boards (they're a board with letters and numbers on it that you supposedly use to communicate with spirits of the dead). I didn't believe in them at all until one day when my friend and I were alone in my house we asked the spirit to make a light go out... and it did. (true story)

Nov 26, 2012
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. When he was born, how did he know what an ice cream cone is?

Same feeling when you try to figure out how the people in Star Wars, long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, knew what a falcon is. They named a ship the Millenium Falcon, but falcons are on Earth, in a galaxy far, far away from them...
The bird was named that because of the space cruiser....obviously.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I remember when I was a small child my mother told me that if I did not finish my milk after I ate my cereal, Bessie the cow would ring her bell and Bessie along with other cows would come trample me. The more I think about it now the more I think that was a cruel thing to tell a small child! :oops:
Kinda like singing Rock a by Baby to a baby right?

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I believed that if I don’t sleep early at night, robbers will come in an automobile and take me away :LOL:.

M

Miri

I use to dig up worms when I was a kid, and look for their eyes, noses,
mouths etc.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The bird was named that because of the space cruiser....obviously.
YOU WIN! I have mentioned this (rather obvious) incongruity to many people and nobody has ever thought of that before. They were humans long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, so apparently a few of them colonized Earth and brought the name "Falcon" with them and applied it to the bird (but somehow lost space flight capability and all the cool energy weapons AND the Force.)

Nov 26, 2012
YOU WIN! I have mentioned this (rather obvious) incongruity to many people and nobody has ever thought of that before. They were humans long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, so apparently a few of them colonized Earth and brought the name "Falcon" with them and applied it to the bird (but somehow lost space flight capability and all the cool energy weapons AND the Force.)
Yeah we’re basically Ewoks with razors. The others took the technology with them after the pyramids were finished.

S

selfdissolving

That my dad had mysterious powers when he could guess what would happen next in the movie.

S

selfdissolving

That when I ate all the food collected in my big toe because obviously that was the biggest part of my body

S

selfdissolving

I also invented a LED sign that would go in the back window of your car so you could let other drivers know what you were thinking and feeling

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
My great grandfather told me when I was a kid he had a monkey living in his attic and it ran and hid when I came over..... it used to male me so sad that it hid from me cause I wanted to see it so bad .... mean old man lol

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
when i was told to do 1000 word assays at school, i counted the words to make sure they were 1000

Jan 20, 2019
I thought when a house went up for sale the people selling it had to find someone else who's house was also for sale, so they could trade.
lol i would probably believe something similar when i was a kid

May 1, 2019
Ohhh, I used to think welding rods were gigantic sparklers! But they would never light! :(

I think there was not a match left in the neighborhood when me and my friends found a welding rod and tried to light it!

Can you imagine if they were!? WOW!

A

AuntieAnt

I used to think the number 13 was very unlucky. It didn’t help matters when my father died on April 13th when I was 13 yo. I was so scared of that number for years until I met the Lord Jesus on an October 13th. :love: God is so merciful. :giggle: