What's the song currently going through your head?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shouryu

Currently going through my head?

Oh. Uh. Well...

It would have to be...Smile, Smile, Smile. As performed by....uh...Pinkemina Diane Pie...from, uh...

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I'mrunningawaynowbyyyyyyyyyyyyye!!!

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
*post edited*

Thought about it...probably not gonna post songs like those...*you have been erased*

error

Oct 23, 2009
[video=youtube;Ji8siqk4t8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji8siqk4t8k[/video]

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Currently going through my head?

Oh. Uh. Well...

It would have to be...Smile, Smile, Smile. As performed by....uh...Pinkemina Diane Pie...from, uh...

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I'mrunningawaynowbyyyyyyyyyyyyye!!!

So is Smile, Smile, Smile on your iPod? Or do you have an affinity for 1980's children's cartoons?

A

arwen83

Oh man, the old 50's public service announcements and educational videos are THE BEST! ROFL

Aug 2, 2009
Yeah...there's a method to the madness, (like distinguishing a sonata vs a sonatina vs a concerto vs nocturnes, etc) but even then you can have like 20+ of each type of work, so breaking it down into Opuses, numbers, and movements helps organize things.

If you can hum a few bars of the song that you like, and identify the notes that make up those bars, there's a couple of websites where you can run searches to identify what song it is. I've had a lot of luck with melodycatcher.com
Thanks but I know I can find them quick on youtube because they come up in the search suggestions. I don't even remember the melodies now.

S

Shouryu

So is Smile, Smile, Smile on your iPod? Or do you have an affinity for 1980's children's cartoons?
Ahem. Smile, Smile, Smile is indeed upon my various electronic music providing gadgets.

And for clarity's sake, I have an affinity for a 2010-2013 cartoon based on a 1980's children's toyline.

On the other hand, I do own several seasons of the original 1980s Transformers and G.I.Joe cartoons, as well as all four seasons of Knight Rider, which was essential a live-action cartoon...and I'm currently (and unsuccessfully) fighting the temptation to buy the DVDs for Jem, which as a mid-30s male firmly secure in his masculinity, can finally admit to the world that I was addicted to as a child, because it came on right before G.I.Joe and had long-running story arcs and was outrageous...truly truly truly outrageous...

Okay, I have an affinity for 1980's childrens shows (except for My Little Pony). You got me.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Ahem. Smile, Smile, Smile is indeed upon my various electronic music providing gadgets.

And for clarity's sake, I have an affinity for a 2010-2013 cartoon based on a 1980's children's toyline.

On the other hand, I do own several seasons of the original 1980s Transformers and G.I.Joe cartoons, as well as all four seasons of Knight Rider, which was essential a live-action cartoon...and I'm currently (and unsuccessfully) fighting the temptation to buy the DVDs for Jem, which as a mid-30s male firmly secure in his masculinity, can finally admit to the world that I was addicted to as a child, because it came on right before G.I.Joe and had long-running story arcs and was outrageous...truly truly truly outrageous...

Okay, I have an affinity for 1980's childrens shows (except for My Little Pony). You got me.
I knew it. I read your post and said to myself, "this man in his mid 30's loves 80's cartoons except for My Little Pony. However, I'll get him to admit it by asking him if he actually LIKES My Little Pony! He'll surely admit it his true first love... Jem" I'm a fantastic profiler if I do say so myself. I'm also very humble. It's my best quality.

I had a worship band mate actually say that to me once. Seriously.

I wasn't fond of GI Joe or transformers. I vaguely remember things I watched as a child. But I have a good explanation.

Z

zaoman32

well thanks to Jullianna's post I now have sweet child o' mine stuck in my head...I'm going to have to get a guns 'n' roses best of now, time for "welcome to the jungle"!

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
well thanks to Jullianna's post I now have sweet child o' mine stuck in my head...I'm going to have to get a guns 'n' roses best of now, time for "welcome to the jungle"!
Lol! Nice...well man, every rose has its thorn. Sometimes posts can be fun and games, and other times it seems to remind you of childhood memories. ^_~ Not trying to be lyrical or anything...

Z

zaoman32

Lol! Nice...well man, every rose has its thorn. Sometimes posts can be fun and games, and other times it seems to remind you of childhood memories. ^_~ Not trying to be lyrical or anything...
The really weird thing is, I hated Guns 'n' Roses with an absolute passion up until about 2 or 3 years ago, and then somewhere a long the line something snapped and I couldn't shake it...Plus Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages was the icing on the cake for me.

Mar 1, 2013
This song... always uplifts my mood :)

[video=youtube;AcrgU00AXXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrgU00AXXQ[/video]

I

iTOREtheSKY

It's 6:34 am here on the East Coast & I was just listening to a post by Ugly from a band called "HORDE". minutes later,for some odd reason now I have the song "Beat the System" by PETRA ringing in my brain. I need shock treatment.

A

AmmiAmmiel

Try by Pink.

here's an excerpt:

Wherever there's desire there's gonna be a flame
Wherever there's a flame someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns it doesn't mean you're gonna die
Gotta get up and try and try and try.

I heard this song a few days ago and this chorus has been stuck in m head ever since.
Its strange that I heard this song when I did too, cause I've been going through some things that requires a lot of diligent persistence.