What's with all the demon post?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

Without going into any details demons are real. Very powerful, extremely crafty.
To think you know about them, or of them you know nothing.
For even the angel says the Lord rebuke you. Selah.

It took me over two years to get my head together and my eyes to close and sleep after a ten minute encounter with one.
I also seen a woman possessed with one about 30 yrs ago. And that vision and thought disturbs me still today.

Stop assuming and thinking you can know anything of value about them. They are vile filthy things.

Thank you
Potter.😱😱😞

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
i have to agree.
nothing to fool around with.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Without going into any details demons are real. Very powerful, extremely crafty.
To think you know about them, or of them you know nothing.
For even the angel says the Lord rebuke you. Selah.

It took me over two years to get my head together and my eyes to close and sleep after a ten minute encounter with one.
I also seen a woman possessed with one about 30 yrs ago. And that vision and thought disturbs me still today.

Stop assuming and thinking you can know anything of value about them. They are vile filthy things.

Thank you
Potter.😱😱😞
yep inviting hen into our minds and heart isn’t a good idea. Filling it with the gospel is though

“When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.

Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:24-26‬ ‭

if we let Christ occupy the spaces in us there’s no room for the demonic spirits to influence our lives we need our shield of faith and sword of the spirit on guard

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
There has been a trend towards demonic vibes on the BDF for awhile now......

Beginning to wonder about it myself...........what one dwells on tells a lot about them IMO....

Mayhaps they should spend more time focusing on Jesus and His Gospel?

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
While I do think it’s important to know about demonic activity that persists in the unseen reality, I think some people both Christian and non-Christian are a little pre-occupied them. I was at the movies yesterday and saw yet again another trailer for an exorcism flick. Its really become a cultural staple and that’s not a good thing.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
While I do think it’s important to know about demonic activity that persists in the unseen reality, I think some people both Christian and non-Christian are a little pre-occupied them. I was at the movies yesterday and saw yet again another trailer for an exorcism flick. Its really become a cultural staple and that’s not a good thing.
I think your post is pointing out that we need to DO something positive about this problem, and not say it is best to ignore that we have a problem.

If you suspected someone you know is possessed, what could you do to help? My minister told of having a demon speak through a member of his church one day during prayer time. There was no way for him to help her. That is not right. Our churches don't even teach its members on how to prevent the problem which is found in Phil. 4:8---think on these things.

S

SimpleSheep

I hate those movies! I have a coworker who watches them with her son who is only 11 and it breaks my heart for him.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
We don't have to look much further than 1 Timothy 4:1 to understand the real demonic activity today:

"Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,"

And 2 Corinthians 11:14:

"And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light."

CS1

May 23, 2012
Some Christians are not well balanced in spiritual warfare. Some overemphasize demons while others don't even acknowledge them at all.

We only need to know about the devil what Jesus said about him and TO Satan.

Jesus said he was a murderer from the beginning Matthew 8:44
Jesus said he is a liar and is the creator of lies.
Jesus saw him fall
Jesus call him the tempter
He's known as the dragon, Lucifer, the person who will be in the anti-Christ
BUT The most important thing we are to know about the devil that Jesus said
Jesus used the word of God against satan Luke chapter 4.

Mark 16

We have power over him in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is a defeated foe, his final destination in hell he will bow and confess Jesus Christ is Lord.

Jesus never chased the devil he came to Jesus Luke chapter 4. people brought the possessed to Jesus, he never had to go and seek a devil, devils would manifest in his presence because of HIS Supreme Authority.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There has been a trend towards demonic vibes on the BDF for awhile now......

Beginning to wonder about it myself...........what one dwells on tells a lot about them IMO....

Mayhaps they should spend more time focusing on Jesus and His Gospel?
Amen that’s real spiritual warfare right there. To remain in and following after Jesus and the gospel.

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds )

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:3-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭

Spiritual warfare is just what you are saying being fixed on Christ and the gospel which is the word of the spirit our shield and sword

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:12-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the gospel equips us to fight the good fight

Mar 17, 2021
My attitude to demons has been influenced by the experience of Smith Wigglesworth, the well known evangelist of the first half of the 20th Century. He woke up in the middle of the night and saw the devil standing beside his bed. He said, "Oh, it is just you", turned over and went back to sleep.

Worrying and losing sleep about demons is a deception in itself inspired in the hearts and minds of people by the demons themselves. The best thing to do with a demon is to turn your back and walk away. There is nothing they can do. The Scripture says that when we resist the devil he will flee from us. So what we do with the devil and his demons is to give them the middle finger, turn our backs and walk away.

J

JAPOV

I believe we should focus on being more accountable for ourselves...
There's plenty enough treachery and sin in man to make the Devil blush!

Darkness cannot exist where there is light, and all who have been reborn are a witness.