What's your favorite book of the Bible? :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2019
My favourite book by a mile is John.

second is a tie between 1 John and Matthew.

Aug 6, 2019
I know....not original. And its probably been asked a million times before. But one more time won't hurt, right? :p

For me, it's a tie between Genesis and Revelation. Genesis because it's one of the best (perhaps THE best) books of the Bible in terms of story. And Revelation because, regardless of how you interpret the book, I do love the apocalyptic imagery like the four horsemen and whatnot.

What's your favorite? :)
I LOVE Genesis too. My favorite, that I can never get enough of is the Gospel of John.

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
Jeremiah and Lamentations. There's a lot of good stuff in there. Especially if God calls you to a ministry that has no fruit. Love these two books.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
I came here to say the same thing! When I’m feeling depressed, I read/refer to Ecclesiastes, everything is put back into perspective.

And on the flipside, whenever I see something beautiful, say a beautiful sunset, a gorgeous rose in bloom.
I thank God and say, ‘good hevel, Lord!’

“Hevel, Hevel, everything is Hevel”

‘So what exactly does “hevel” mean? Well, a lot of the English translations define it as “useless,” but in reality it’s a bit more complex than that. In Hebrew, hevel translates to vapor or smoke. Something that appears physical, yet cannot be grasped. Temporary, or fleeting. An enigma, or a paradox. So when the teacher says everything is hevel, it is to say that everything cannot truly be grasped, or is severely temporary.’

🌹 🌅

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Psalms is definitely one of my favorite books in the Bible. It’s the first book of the Bible I ever really read as an adult.

Do you have a favorite Psalm ? 91 is my go-to. 37 is great for when I need it.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
The Book of Job.

i enjoy reading of the relationship between God and Satan.
Whenever I’m having a bad day, or a bad life LOL, I always think about Job. And then I have strength to get back up again and fight the good fight for the Lord.