What's your Spiritual Gift & How do you use it to Serve?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
My spiritual gift is being irritating.

I hope this post isn't irritating.
Well, actually I hope it is...
otherwise I'm neglecting my gift.

It's alright... it's all a bit confusing to me too.

Jul 20, 2019
All I know is, I get people staring at me, for example at the mall food court. Does my jumper have a hole in it? Is there food on my chin? Is my trouser zipper undone? No, no and no. They seem to be attracted to my energy. Have had this happen so many times now its not countable. Also have people share there life stories or lifes problems, strangers and relatives. strange but true

G

Godsgirl83

All I know is, I get people staring at me, for example at the mall food court. Does my jumper have a hole in it? Is there food on my chin? Is my trouser zipper undone? No, no and no. They seem to be attracted to my energy. Have had this happen so many times now its not countable. Also have people share there life stories or lifes problems, strangers and relatives. strange but true
;)NO, NOT your "energy"... Greg.
If you are radiating Christ through you, then they are drawn to HIS Spirit..........
remember that new , exciting journey you said He's taking you on.........
It's Him in you they see and seek and that is why they start sharing problems and life stories with you..........

K

Kim82

I am not aware of having any spiritual gift.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
That "energy" idea stems from Eastern religion and theology. It is not a biblical idea, but comes from religions that promote subjective morality, reincarnation, non-personal notion of "God" where God is not a living
thinking entity but "The Universe" who only reflects back our good and bad works in our effort to ascend to higher states of consciousness.
Compared to what Christianity teaches one life on earth, that God is personal and living and thinking, no ascending consciousness and works do not affect our outcome but instead are a reflection of salvation.

Also I'm not sure how people looking at you is a "gift". What benefit is there for anyone to look at you?

Jul 20, 2019
;)NO, NOT your "energy"... Greg.
If you are radiating Christ through you, then they are drawn to HIS Spirit..........
remember that new , exciting journey you said He's taking you on.........
It's Him in you they see and seek and that is why they start sharing problems and life stories with you..........
Yes I should have realised that

K

Kim82

A list of spiritual gifts:
  1. Word of wisdom (1 Cor. 12:8; Luke 6:9)
  2. Word of knowledge (1 Cor. 12:8; Luke 18:22)
  3. Faith (1 Cor. 12:9; Acts 3:6)
  4. Gifts of healing (1 Cor. 12:9, 28; Acts 28:1-10)
  5. Working of miracles (1 Cor. 12:10; Acts 6:8)
  6. Prophecy (1 Cor. 12:10; 1 Thess. 5:20-21; Eph. 4:11)
  7. Discerning of spirits (1 Cor. 12:10; Luke 8:29)
  8. Tongues (1 Cor. 12:10; Acts 19:6)
  9. Interpretation of tongues(1 Cor. 12:10; 14:13-33)
  10. Helping (1 Cor. 12:28)
  11. Administration (1 Cor. 12:28; Acts 6:2-3)
  12. Ministry/service (Rom. 12:7; 2 Tim. 1:16-18)
  13. Teaching (Rom. 12:7; Eph. 4:11-14)
  14. Encouragement (Rom. 12:8; Heb. 10:24-25)
  15. Giving (Rom. 12:8; 1 Cor. 13:3; Acts 4:32-35)
  16. Leadership (Rom. 12:8; Acts 13:12)
  17. Mercy (Rom. 12:8; Luke 5:12-13)
  18. Apostleship (Eph. 4:11)
  19. Evangelism (Eph. 4:11; 2 Tim. 4:5)
  20. Pastoral guidance (Eph. 4:11)
  21. Grace (Rom. 12:6; Eph. 3:7; 4:7; 1 Pet. 4:10-11)
  22. Willingness to face martyrdom (1 Cor. 13:3)
  23. Intercession (Rom. 8:26-27)
  24. Hospitality (1 Pet. 4:9)
  25. Celibacy (1 Cor. 7:8)

K

Kim82

After carefully considering the list I would say, celibacy and word of wisdom.

Jul 20, 2019
That "energy" idea stems from Eastern religion and theology. It is not a biblical idea, but comes from religions that promote subjective morality, reincarnation, non-personal notion of "God" where God is not a living
thinking entity but "The Universe" who only reflects back our good and bad works in our effort to ascend to higher states of consciousness.
Compared to what Christianity teaches one life on earth, that God is personal and living and thinking, no ascending consciousness and works do not affect our outcome but instead are a reflection of salvation.

Also I'm not sure how people looking at you is a "gift". What benefit is there for anyone to look at you?
I think the gift of them noticing me like that, is that they are going to go away and wonder why the heck they were attracted to a total stranger like that. Its called the mustard seed in the mind. It can only do good. Maybe not a gift, but I like to think it is

S

Stranger36147

I don't think I have any spiritual gifts, tbh.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I think the gift of them noticing me like that, is that they are going to go away and wonder why the heck they were attracted to a total stranger like that. Its called the mustard seed in the mind. It can only do good. Maybe not a gift, but I like to think it is
The problem is your assume that you had such an impact that people will still be thinking about you well past those few moments. For such things you usually need to do something than stand out. It's a HUGE assumption on your part people's minds dwell on you for more than a few seconds after you pass by.
Or that you think so many people are paying as much attention to you as you think they are. It's not actually uncommon to see people come here thinking everyones looking at them. You're the first to assume it's a good thing.
Second, i don't think that's how planting seeds work. I can go to the store, go to the plant section, look at seeds, go home and think about those seeds, but nothing will grow. But that's your logic.
Lastly i can't help but notice you completely ignored everything else.
I'm not here to hijack this thread, so it will be my last comment. Also i imagine further discussion would be as fruitless as people looking at me and expecting that it has any impact on their lives.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Gregoryp-You're doing fine, we were meant to "ooze" Holy Spirit, Jesus indicated as He asked "who touched me" when the woman who though "If i may but touch the hem of His garment", He felt Spirit/healing going out from Him. Also happens more and more as we ask Him to be His hands and feet in this world, to represent Him, then also the amount of time we spend with Him, we are to keep our minds "stayed on Him".

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Ask Holy Spirit to come when you are exercising your quiet, prayer time with the Father, when nothing else can interrupt, and wait for Him, He will come in and commune with you, just like in the garden where He would come in the cool of the evening.
Blessings

Jul 20, 2019
Ask Holy Spirit to come when you are exercising your quiet, prayer time with the Father, when nothing else can interrupt, and wait for Him, He will come in and commune with you, just like in the garden where He would come in the cool of the evening.
Blessings
I ignored the negativity. I know it's from the Holy Spirit. They can feel the energy. Those people would walk away perplexed. The mustard seed is planted.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Keep us posted on what He is doing in your life, I know we see him really pouring out his Spirit these days.
Bless you brother

Jul 20, 2019
He sure is doing marvellous things, some may sound very strange, so I won't be sharing it publicly, suffice to say, its been quite a ride the past few months particularly.