When are we Saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
The short answer is that we can be saved when we’re on earth, and we can be saved at the time of our judgement. If God has deemed us as good candidates for being saved while we are on earth, then then our being saved can happen that early. If we lived marginal lives but we appeal to Him through His son Jesus, we will be saved at the time we are judged.

Is it possible to KNOW when God has saved us? While we are living on earth, we cannot know for sure. God has established our steps and the paths to go on. We don’t know of the steps and paths that God has us on, but those of us who have accepted Jesus as the son of God who acts on God’s behalf are aware of the path of righteousness based on a reading of the Scriptures.

For most of us there is one force that prevents us from automatic entry into the Kingdom of God, and that is the force of evil that is found on earth. To that end, God will not deliver us from evil unless He is asked. God in the Old Testament has helped those who cried out to Him, but He doesn’t when He is not asked.

The path of righteousness involves abiding by the two great commandments of Jesus…that we love God with all our heart, soul and mind and we love others as we love ourselves. We will be tempted from time to time, and our endurance against evil will be tested. But if we prevail over these, our path to righteousness, and therefore to being saved, is more secure. Matthew 24:13 says, “But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

If God decides that we are god candidates to be saved, His Plans for our future and our hope will be fulfilled. He will keep us from disaster like He shielded Daniel and his friends from the fiery furnace. He will ensure that we are fruitful and we live long lives as has Noah, Abraham, Joshua and Job. He will protect us from Harm as He protected Jesus from being put to death by King Herod…for God had other plans for Jesus other than to leave the earth before God wants him to, as God has other plans for many of us than for us to leave the before He wants us to. And our times vary. So, while one person is caught up in a robbery in a convenience store and ends up being shot to death, other people go into convenience stores without incident. And while some may be caught up in mass shootings in one place, others may live their lives without incident in other places. For those who abide in God, all things work for good as it says in Romans 8:28.

Those who have lived under a cloak of evil but who have later striven for redemption through Jesus will know they may be saved at the time of their judgment if God so wants.

What about those who are incapable of understanding anything? Under God, those who have not come to know evil and who are incapable of an understanding of God, will be brought into His Kingdom. Jesus in his Sermon on the Mount said in Matthew 5:8, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Those who have not come to know evil, whither by knowledge or action, are pure in heart under God, as surely as Adam and Eve were created without knowledge of good and evil.

The best that those of us on earth can do, is to hope for our salvation.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
If people believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for their salvation then they will be saved..

If people disbelieve Jesus and reject the Atonement He secured for salvation then they will be damned..

So we can know we are saved when we believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for our salvation..

Hoping for ones salvation while not having confidence is doubting the effectiveness of the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ and not believing Jesus words are truth..

The works salvation belief is a stumbling stone..

Matthew 24 KJV
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Endurance in Belief and Faith to the end...

notuptome

May 17, 2013
We are saved the moment we believe on Jesus and trust Him as our Savior.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is it possible to KNOW when God has saved us?
Of course it is. Read and study the New Testament. It is full of examples.

It looks like there are more doubting Thomases among Christians today than among the heathen.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Hebrews 9:27-28, “And as it awaits men to die once, and after this the judgment, so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to those waiting for Him, unto salvation.”

Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”

Hebrews 10:36-8, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised. 37 For yet a little while – He who is coming shall come and shall not delay. 38 But the righteous shall live by belief, but if anyone draws back, my being has no pleasure in him.”

Hebrews 3:14, “For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end.”

James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him."

1 Peter 1:3-9, “Blessed be the Strength and Father of our Master יהושע Messiah, who according to His great compassion has caused us to be born again to a living expectation through the resurrection of יהושע Messiah from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, having been kept in the heavens for you, who are protected by the power of Yah through belief, for a deliverance (salvation) ready to be revealed in the last time, in which you exult, even though for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by manifold trials, in order that the proving of your belief – much more precious than gold that perishes, and proven by fire – might be found to result in praise and respect and esteem at the revelation of יהושע Messiah, whom having not seen, you love; in whom you exult with unspeakable and esteemed joy, yet not seeing, but believing, obtaining the goal of your belief: a deliverance of lives.”

Mat 24:29-31, “And immediately after the distress of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give its light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Aḏam shall appear in the heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Aḏam coming on the clouds of the heaven with power and much esteem. And He shall send His messengers with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Hebrews 9:27-28, “And as it awaits men to die once, and after this the judgment, so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to those waiting for Him, unto salvation.”

Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”

Hebrews 10:36-8, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised. 37 For yet a little while – He who is coming shall come and shall not delay. 38 But the righteous shall live by belief, but if anyone draws back, my being has no pleasure in him.”

Hebrews 3:14, “For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end.”

James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him."

1 Peter 1:3-9, “Blessed be the Strength and Father of our Master יהושע Messiah, who according to His great compassion has caused us to be born again to a living expectation through the resurrection of יהושע Messiah from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, having been kept in the heavens for you, who are protected by the power of Yah through belief, for a deliverance (salvation) ready to be revealed in the last time, in which you exult, even though for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by manifold trials, in order that the proving of your belief – much more precious than gold that perishes, and proven by fire – might be found to result in praise and respect and esteem at the revelation of יהושע Messiah, whom having not seen, you love; in whom you exult with unspeakable and esteemed joy, yet not seeing, but believing, obtaining the goal of your belief: a deliverance of lives.”

Mat 24:29-31, “And immediately after the distress of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give its light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Aḏam shall appear in the heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Aḏam coming on the clouds of the heaven with power and much esteem. And He shall send His messengers with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”
Nope wrong. Try again? How do you fit Romans 10:9-10 into your ideology?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Nope wrong. Try again? How do you fit Romans 10:9-10 into your ideology?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
ROm 10:
9 That if you confess with your mouth the Master יהושע and believe in your heart that Elohim has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved."10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, and so is saved."

4982. sózó ►Strong's Concordancesózó: to save
Original Word: σῴζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: sózó
Phonetic Spelling: (sode'-zo)
Short Definition: I save, heal
Definition: I save, heal, preserve, rescue.

Different form of the geek word "sozo" here: "sōthēsē "

4982 [e] sōthēsē σωθήσῃ· you will be saved. V-FIP-2S

◄ σωθήσῃ ►
Englishman's Concordance
σωθήσῃ (sōthēsē) — 3 Occurrences

Acts 11:14 V-FIP-2S
GRK: ἐν οἷς σωθήσῃ σὺ καὶ
NAS: to you by which you will be saved, you and all
KJV: thy house shall be saved.
INT: whereby which will be saved you and

Acts 16:31 V-FIP-2S
GRK: Ἰησοῦν καὶ σωθήσῃ σὺ καὶ
NAS: Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.
KJV: and thou shalt be saved, and thy
INT: Jesus and you will be saved you and

Romans 10:9 V-FIP-2S
GRK: ἐκ νεκρῶν σωθήσῃ
NAS: Him from the dead, you will be saved;
KJV: from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
INT: from among [the] dead you will be saved

This passge you posted supports my view...How do you fit this into your theology?

talking about this:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Ok I'm going to be brutally honest here I read this first sentence The short answer is that we can be saved when we’re on earth, and we can be saved at the time of our judgement. And instantly said to myself huh??? It's called judgement for a reason if and then upon reading the rest of the logic in the post..... Newton I think you need to re study your bible on salvation and judgement plus all you have said so far has absolutely no biblical guide lines the scriptures just don't add up with it

Apr 15, 2017
Jesus said the kingdom of God comes without observation, for they will not say here it is, or there it is, for behold the kingdom of God is within you, which when you receive the Spirit you belong to the kingdom of God, and display His ways on earth.

Receiving the Spirit is what saves us, and repenting of our sins, and the blood of Christ washing away our sins causes us to have the Spirit, and we can receive the Spirit here on earth.

Which the Bible says that a natural man does not receive the things of God, neither can he know them, but God revealed the truth to those who receive the Spirit, so they are not natural but spiritual.

If we allow the Spirit to lead us we are assured of salvation when that day comes to be with Jesus.

Which a Spirit led life will only do the things of God as taught by Jesus' life on earth.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
More misapplication of Scripture. There are three tenses to salvation, and here it is the future tense which is in view -- the perfection and glorification of the saints. That is THE ULTIMATE PHASE of salvation.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I don't know you can have a genuine, living relationship with God and not be considered saved.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
More misapplication of Scripture. There are three tenses to salvation, and here it is the future tense which is in view -- the perfection and glorification of the saints. That is THE ULTIMATE PHASE of salvation.
Amen! There are three tenses to salvation, which often get mixed up by works-salvationists.

1. We have been saved from the PENALTY of sin (justification)
2. We are being saved from the POWER of sin (ongoing sanctification)
3. We will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification)

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
Ok I'm going to be brutally honest here I read this first sentence The short answer is that we can be saved when we’re on earth, and we can be saved at the time of our judgement. And instantly said to myself huh??? It's called judgement for a reason if and then upon reading the rest of the logic in the post..... Newton I think you need to re study your bible on salvation and judgement plus all you have said so far has absolutely no biblical guide lines the scriptures just don't add up with it
***I think Nehemiah6 would disagree with you. He says there are alot of examples in the Bible which indicate we can know if we're being saved. Since the Bible doesn't discuss doings in Heaven, I imagine these examples involve people living on earth, therefore these people know before their judgment that they are being saved.

Dec 12, 2013
I stand amazed at the foolishness of believing we are not saved until the end....that is ignorant....

The bible is clear on salvation and is spoken of in all three tenses and is dual in application.........

a. I was SAVED the micro second I believed and trusted into Christ <---In the grace you are, having BEEN SAVED out of faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God lest any man should boast.

b. I AM SAVED right NOW <---HE that BELIEVES on the SON IS HAVING EVERLASTING LIFE

c. I am SAVED into the future <--ALL that the Father has given me I will loose NOTHING, but RAISE it up the LAST DAY

PERFECT TENSE GREEK VERB-->A present continuing result from a past COMPLETED ACTION.

NOW to the DUAL application of salvation....

1st -->IT is the spirit that has been BORN AGAIN the micro second that I believed and WAS SAVED, it is eternal, does not sin, is BORN AGAIN FROM ABOVE by INCORRUPTABLE SIN and is ETERNAL.

2nd -->HOWEVER, it is STILL BOUND in a SINFUL body of FLESH that must be CHANGED and or RESURRECTED after death <--this is the final process for a CHILD OF GOD that is YET FUTURE.

One must ignorantly ignore scripture to say we are not saved until the end.....and to be frank it is rather foolish to say or hold that position.

Dec 12, 2013
***I think Nehemiah6 would disagree with you. He says there are alot of examples in the Bible which indicate we can know if we're being saved. Since the Bible doesn't discuss doings in Heaven, I imagine these examples involve people living on earth, therefore these people know before their judgment that they are being saved.
I corrected your words.....the bolded below is what it should say and is biblical.....These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

I think Nehemiah6 would disagree with you. He says there are alot of examples in the Bible which indicate we can know if we're ARE saved. Since the Bible doesn't discuss doings in Heaven, I imagine these examples involve people living on earth, therefore these people know before their judgment that they ARE saved.[/QUOTE]

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
I was surprised as I read through nobody was bringing that point up. Some strange stuff there, not for sure where people are getting these ideas at.
Their translations, bad teachers, church's, got me, but it's is a far cry from the gospel.
Maybe it's the on-line stuff of everyone has an idea without much sound instruction. I don't know where it comes from but truthfully the truth has been turned into a lie, unbelievable.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
He can disagree with me if he wants but regardless judgement day is not a day in which one can be saved. Unless I misunderstood you in thinking you are saying one can come to Christ on judgement day I think it's quite obvious why I gave my stand point, the idea that one can come to salvation on judgement day is far more than optimistic