When are we saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

//in accord with election // This is the problem . You are assuming by ' election ' ( the word ) it means ' God chooses before people are born .
Yep, basic predestination.

God chose through his will that all who would see and believe will be conformed to his image

its not a calvinist view, it’s a biblical view

E

eternally-gratefull

I know that's what you keep saying. But it's clear we are only pre - destinated After we believe. Remember how we were as Gentiles in eph 2 ? lost and without hope and without God . God doesn't know us before our parents do .
We can not be Predestined after, that would not be called predestined, It would be called postdestined

E

eternally-gratefull

We both are claiming this . One of us is drastically wrong . Your on the side of reformed thinking currently. Thats were I believe your set of glasses is affecting how your looking at the verses .
Your affected by your war against reformed thinking, it’s why you can’t see what people,say and have a hard time understanding scripture, you interpret in a way reformed theology is discarded at all costs

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I like what you said here about denominations.....very interesting. But wouldn't that constitute the body of Christ or are you suggesting that one church should uphold theses truths equally?
All who believe in the things of the Spirit constitute the invisible church. Those who have been revealed, by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the full knowledge of the righteousness of God, is the visible church.

Ezekiel 10 makes reference to the invisible and visible church by using the example of a smaller wheel being inside of a larger wheel. The outer wheel being the invisible church and the smaller wheel being the visible church. The two gates in Matt 7 will harmonize with these truths.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Your mixed up thinking is due to your lack of knowledge of the salvation scriptures. Salvation, saved, save, in Greek= deliverance, delivered, deliver.

The atonement for all of those that God gave to his Son delivered them eternally. Although they are delivered eternally does not mean that they got rid of their fleshly nature, and still do commit sins. Once you have been regenerated and commit a sin, you lose your fellowship with God, not your eternal deliverance, until you repent, and regain your fellowship with God. There is a deliverance (salvation) that we receive the moment that God forgives us of that particular sin.

P

pottersclay

You read my post which clearly is After the cross and you give an example under the law and in the OT , why ?
I believe this to be for me.

Why do men search for a formula a method of such one must be saved and when.
Salvation is a gift from God. A free gift do we not agree? Therefore I believe it is his choosing when he shall give it.
The thief on the cross another prime example, the conversion of paul explain that.
There is nothing that we can do to merit such a gift. It's God's choosing.
Does a farmer pick a certain day in which to harvest or does he wait untill the harvest is ready to be picked?

Jesus often said he who has a ear let him listen. Jesus is salvation. He also said it is the father's great joy to give you the gift.
Am I talking about predestination....no I'm talking about the free will of God.
It is the matter of the heart of each and everyone that is only known to the Lord.
Some are called to sew.....some to water......this is tending the garden the Lord has planted.
According to scripture all men were created in his image. All have sinned. All are in need of a savior.
The belief is jesus is not a head knowledge but a life changing event.
Jesus said if you believe in me and keep my commandments you shall be saved.
He is willing and able to save from the uttermost.
Men can speak the words and go through the motions.....some fall away.

To be continued.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I believe this to be for me.

Why do men search for a formula a method of such one must be saved and when.
Salvation is a gift from God. A free gift do we not agree? Therefore I believe it is his choosing when he shall give it.
The thief on the cross another prime example, the conversion of paul explain that.
There is nothing that we can do to merit such a gift. It's God's choosing.
Does a farmer pick a certain day in which to harvest or does he wait untill the harvest is ready to be picked?

Jesus often said he who has a ear let him listen. Jesus is salvation. He also said it is the father's great joy to give you the gift.
Am I talking about predestination....no I'm talking about the free will of God.
It is the matter of the heart of each and everyone that is only known to the Lord.
Some are called to sew.....some to water......this is tending the garden the Lord has planted.
According to scripture all men were created in his image. All have sinned. All are in need of a savior.
The belief is jesus is not a head knowledge but a life changing event.
Jesus said if you believe in me and keep my commandments you shall be saved.
He is willing and able to save from the uttermost.
Men can speak the words and go through the motions.....some fall away.

To be continued.
salvation is a gift from God, After anyone believes. 1 cor 1.21

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Which verse says he knew you before you were in the womb ?
Jeremiah 1:5
New King James Version
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Jeremiah 1:5
New King James Version
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Who ? Jeremiah. When ? Before the foundation of the world? Your not Jeremiah of course.

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
When are we saved? Since the beginning of time, if you are one of those that say and live this life:

Luke 18 (KJV)

13 God be merciful to me a sinner.

Deuteronomy 5 (KJV)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
When are we saved? Since the beginning of time, if you are one of those that say and live this life:

Luke 18 (KJV)

13 God be merciful to me a sinner.

Deuteronomy 5 (KJV)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Do you have anything from the After Jesus, death burial, resurrection, giving of the Holy Spirit, After the apostle to the gentiles ?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Your problem is that you falsely explain away God's elect scriptures. If God had not chosen an elect people out of all mankind that would not seek him, we all would have gone to eternal hell. This is why all of the scriptures must harmonize. We cannot ignore some of them to fit a false doctrine.

Mankind, because of God giving them the freedom to choose how they wanted to live their lives, They choose not to seek God. This is why, by God's grace, he did not give them the freedom to choose their entrance into heaven, Eph 2:1.
Giving me Eph. 2;1 as proof text without the proper context would not led to a harmonization of the scripture. The question would lead to how? The quickening of the Spirit is always through grace by faith. Eph. 2:8.

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
Do you have anything from the After Jesus, death burial, resurrection, giving of the Holy Spirit, After the apostle to the gentiles ?
Not sure I understand what you mean? Could you kindly clarify?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Example? Scripture says of firstly of trusting after hearing the word of truth. By denying that first, we deny the scripture about his way of saving. Eph. 1:12-13. Now these passages are either believe or not. The circular response is "the natural man" cannot understand about the things of the Spirit of God.". However, in its unsaved estate, may caused to have salvation after hearing God's word by faith. Well, this has been trodden so many times here in this forum and on the many threads. I believe, a better harmonization of the scripture if we do it by context.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Who ? Jeremiah. When ? Before the foundation of the world? Your not Jeremiah of course.
What are you talking about?

YOU asked where the verse was, and I provided it for you.

But guess what? God formed all His Children in the womb and knew us all beforehand. He is outside of time.