When are we saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
nummm

you totally missed my lack of objectivity

but then again, you are relatively new

I was not being serious, but here is a sample of me being serious

I was born again because God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that we might have eternal life

my righteousness is not forced on me. I, like Abraham, believed God and that is called faith

this forum has had so many Calvinist debates that they are threadbare...forgive the pun (or not...it is your choice...ooo bad word)
I am not a Calvinist and I do not believe in forced grace. And you were not born of God by a work carried out by your will.

L

lenna

You were not born of God but an act of your will. That would make you your own Saviour and the one who began the work.

Good luck with that.
nonsense

if we believe as you insist we must, we are naught but robots. which may explain your stereotypical responses

L

lenna

I am not a Calvinist and I do not believe in forced grace. And you were not born of God by a work carried out by your will.

ho hum

if it walks like a duckie etc

you seem in rather a good mood for your angst

E

EleventhHour

Calvinism is more than one tenet, but every tenet within the system is false.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
nonsense

if we believe as you insist we must, we are naught but robots. which may explain your stereotypical responses
No, we are not robots. Nor are we Gods that can bring about a new birth by a work of our will.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I heard the Gospel, my eyes were opened, I believed, and I received the Spirit of Christ.
People who believe in salvation through a work of the will don’t like the second Part.

L

lenna

No, we are not robots. Nor are we Gods that can bring about a new birth by a work of our will.

no one said any such thing

do you always add to what people say?

I heard the Gospel, my eyes were opened, I believed, and I received the Spirit of Christ
well I went to Sunday School, learned about Jesus and one evening as I was thinking about it all, I prayed and asked God to show me if He was real or not by starting my dad's car on this freezing evening (it would not start) and immediately the car started and I prayed and asked Jesus 'to come into my heart' as children do

I now have an adult's understanding and am thankful I was saved so young

and oh yes, of course I was sealed with the Spirit of God at that moment and have grown in Christ and actually have a couple of spiritual gifts that have proven very helpful to myself and others

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You were not born of God but an act of your will. That would make you your own Saviour and the one who began the work.

Good luck with that.
No group believes one can regenerate himself. Its Faith v works .

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Would you agree with Paul ( who was made the apostle to the gentiles by Jesus) with the definition and explanation of the Gospel in Rom 1.16 . 1 cor 15 . 1-4 and Rom 10 ,9 10 . That this is what the Gospel is . That this is how we appropriate it and this is how we are saved today?
Two big misunderstandings of the scriptures have been a large reason why you are not understanding the doctrine that Jesus preached.
1. You fail to separate the nation of Israel, from Jacob/Israel who represents the church of God's elect.

2. You fail to recognize that save, saved, salvation, according to Greek means, deliver, delivered, deliverance. There is taught in the scriptures, an eternal deliverance, (without the works of man), and there is taught in the scriptures a deliverance (by man's good works) that the regenerated person receives here in this world.

Failure to separate the difference in the salvation scriptures is the reason that you, mistakenly, think that man has to do something to inherit eternal heaven.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
no one said any such thing

do you always add to what people say?

well I went to Sunday School, learned about Jesus and one evening as I was thinking about it all, I prayed and asked God to show me if He was real or not by starting my dad's car on this freezing evening (it would not start) and immediately the car started and I prayed and asked Jesus 'to come into my heart' as children do

I now have an adult's understanding and am thankful I was saved so young

and oh yes, of course I was sealed with the Spirit of God at that moment and have grown in Christ and actually have a couple of spiritual gifts that have proven very helpful to myself and others
So was the new birth a poof or a slow process?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Two big misunderstandings of the scriptures have been a large reason why you are not understanding the doctrine that Jesus preached.
1. You fail to separate the nation of Israel, from Jacob/Israel who represents the church of God's elect.

2. You fail to recognize that save, saved, salvation, according to Greek means, deliver, delivered, deliverance. There is taught in the scriptures, an eternal deliverance, (without the works of man), and there is taught in the scriptures a deliverance (by man's good works) that the regenerated person receives here in this world.

Failure to separate the difference in the salvation scriptures is the reason that you, mistakenly, think that man has to do something to inherit eternal heaven.
Remember the simplicity in Christ?

L

lenna

So was the new birth a poof or a slow process?
I have a problem trying to answer people who love to be obnoxious and believe themselves smarter than all the other earth bound dummies

this is the problem I have.

1. I want to answer them according to their folly with bonus features

2. I do not wish to be banned so therefore I do not do that