When are we saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I do not believe in partial regeneration and I do not believe in regeneration before faith, your post does not apply to me.
I lost count as to how many times you have told him and others this basic truth if your belief

L

lenna

this has turned into a particularly meandering trail through the forest

we have Mary the perpetual virgin all the way to people saying the same thing but disagreeing that they are

I don't think we have arrived at the end yet. a few surprises still in store as you will see

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Ok. We’re born again through faith. We are on the same page. Poof.

Now John says we are not born by the will of the flesh. What does that tell us about faith?
The answer is in the verse above it .
12But as many as received him , to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

E

EleventhHour

we have Mary the perpetual virgin all the way to people saying the same thing but disagreeing that they are

I don't think we have arrived at the end yet. a few surprises still in store as you will see

Comic relief

safe_image.png

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Regeneration is the work of God . Everything happens after we believe. Faith is the prerequisite.
Very good. I agree. So we are not born of God by an act of the will. We agree. And if we are not born of God by an act of the will, it follows we are not saved by an act of the will.

E

eternally-gratefull

I need to go back to the Stirring the Pot Thread and the other Calvinists threads and find all my posts refuting these isolated proof texts.

If they do not follow Reformed Theology the interpretation of Calvinism why do they use the same proof texts. :unsure:
It’s the word of God? Just because they use it does not mean they believe in the Calvinist interpretation

E

EleventhHour

More comic relief...

Itsapossibilityc_fc57df_5172802.jpg

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Very good. I agree. So we are not born of God by an act of the will. We agree
12But as many as received him , to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Very good. I agree. So we are not born of God by an act of the will. We agree. And if we are not born of God by an act of the will, it follows we are not saved by an act of the will.
12But as many as received him , to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name .Just to make the point again)

E

eternally-gratefull

nummm

you totally missed my lack of objectivity

but then again, you are relatively new

I was not being serious, but here is a sample of me being serious

I was born again because God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that we might have eternal life

my righteousness is not forced on me. I, like Abraham, believed God and that is called faith

this forum has had so many Calvinist debates that they are threadbare...forgive the pun (or not...it is your choice...ooo bad word)
Amen way to many Calvin debates. Sadly we now have threads where people are accused of being Calvinist where they are not

I am not sure which is worse. The calvinists trying to force their will or the anti calvinists trying to make everyone calvinist

E

eternally-gratefull

You were not born of God but an act of your will. That would make you your own Saviour and the one who began the work.

Good luck with that.
So god chose for you you do not chose?

L

lenna

Amen way to many Calvin debates. Sadly we now have threads where people are accused of being Calvinist where they are not

I am not sure which is worse. The calvinists trying to force their will or the anti calvinists trying to make everyone calvinist
I find oh I see confusing myself and I am not easily confusdeded

some obscure funny wording going on and sorry but it is there

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
12But as many as received him , to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name .Just to make the point again)
Exactly. The right to become children of God is given to us. If the right to become children of God was not given, the power to believe unto salvation would not be given either. See that?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
So god chose for you you do not chose?
No, the point is that we are not saved by any work, not even an act of the will. John 1:13.

It’s in response to those who deny the Spirits work in drawing us.

throughfaith

Eleventh

Maybe other poofenstuffs