When Does A Christian Become Immortality/Born Again?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
:love: Choosing to believe any heresy is a rejection of Jesus Christ; it isn't hard to choose to believe correctly. :love:
RaceRunner, you are simply trolling in this thread since it has nothing to do with heresies. So if you wish to say something tell us what the term "regeneration" means (without all those emoticons).

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I would say that only the Lord knows when one has been justified. That is why we are called to test ourselves to see if we are indeed in the faith.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
RaceRunner, you are simply trolling in this thread since it has nothing to do with heresies. So if you wish to say something tell us what the term "regeneration" means (without all those emoticons).
It isn't hard to choose to believe correctly, unless you choose not to be born again.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I believe immortality happens at the First Resurrection. (Re. 20:5-6)

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

- Revelation 20:4-6

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It isn't hard to choose to believe correctly, unless you choose not to be born again.
You dodged the question. So now you should tell us what it means "to choose to believe correctly". Imagine you are addressing someone who does not really know anything about this.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I believe immortality happens at the First Resurrection. (Re. 20:5-6)
As long as you keep in mind that the First Resurrection actually takes place in THREE PHASES, and what you have quoted applies to the last phase. It is in the second phase where in fact the Resurrection of the Church takes place at the Resurrection/ Rapture. The first phase was the resurrection of Christ Himself. He is called "the First Fruits" because the main harvest and the gleanings take place later -- much later.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
You dodged the question. So now you should tell us what it means "to choose to believe correctly". Imagine you are addressing someone who does not really know anything about this.
You are without excuse, and you do know better.

Believing correctly means to choose to believe everything Jesus Christ revealed.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You are without excuse, and you do know better. Believing correctly means to choose to believe everything Jesus Christ revealed.
This is simply another dodge, and making an ad hominem attack is pathetic. "Everything that Jesus revealed" takes in the entire Bible. So that is an attempt to dodge the real issue. You should take another screen name -- "Roger the Dodger".:D

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
This is simply another dodge, and making an ad hominem attack is pathetic. "Everything that Jesus revealed" takes in the entire Bible. So that is an attempt to dodge the real issue. You should take another screen name -- "Roger the Dodger".:D
Do you believe it is necessary to believe everything Jesus Christ has revealed, Yes or No?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Do you believe it is necessary to believe everything Jesus Christ has revealed, Yes or No?
Yet another dodge. Just focus on regeneration, and tell a person who knows nothing about this as to what it means.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
a think of the concept of “being reborn “ getting your slate wiped clean , getting a brand new fresh start , a new and different person and then look at the nt doctrine and how it stresses hearing and believing his word

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: for he beholdeth himself,

and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:18, 21-24‬ ‭KJV‬

when we hear the gospel we’re beginning to hear who we are as bekievers jesus begins to re shape our minds and how we perceive God , ourselves , the world , heaven , earth , life and death our whole perception begins to be changed begins to be re made into Jesus image ( the son of God ) as we accept him this is happening

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus is teaching us that we are Gods children ( we’re being born as his children through hearing and believing Jesus )

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He teaches us of this father in heaven who’s children he said we see that believe in him

“And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

many will argue this point Jesus made saying “ God isn’t like that we’re already forgiven it does t matter if we forgive others “ but this is Gods son speaking of his father no one has ever known or seen before this and he’s saying “ anyone that hears me and believes will be saved “

But we still sometimes refuse to believe what the lord Jesus said of God and so the process of change of bieng renewed can’t happen because we always look away from the doctrine refusing to heee the lords words and clear teachings like tbat not a mystery

but plain truth from the don of rhe the fether and his children “ if you forgive others your father in heaven will forgive you if you don’t forgive others neither will your father forgive you “

It’s hard for men to learn and accept new things even from the lord Jesus Christ who said this

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

think of how literal this would be if we heard and lived by this law of mercy Jesus taught , notice what he’s doing is teaching believers to be like God in thier morals and qualities and character

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:36-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Said the judge and king . What im blathering on about here is being born again is a way of speaking of the process of being renewed in our minds and hearts through hearing and believing the lord and what he said about the father and his children about salvstion and eternal life judgement ect ect

Like this

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is true just as those who here and believe his words are promised life everlasting and no condemnation over time this is happening as we persevere we’re instructed

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We see this repeatedly as we hear the gospel the truth is being revealed more and more To us and it’s changing us by that faith of hearing and believing

“New birth “

if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; ( repent )

and be renewed in the spirit of your mind;( hearing the gospel and believing his word )

and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”( creates new people by faith changing thier perception of God )
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-24‬ ‭

“Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

pauls using the same method of telling us who we are d the. Instructing us how to live and be changed and renewed or re created in his image

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:12-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Re born is to be changed by herring and believing the word of God in the gospel the word of truth

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He taught believers “ God loves you and calls you to be his children , just come close and here me and believe and you will live forever with me follow
Me learn from me and live “ and then he teaches us about God our Heavenly Father and reveals that he is one with him and we can be one with Jesus

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
Yet another dodge. Just focus on regeneration, and tell a person who knows nothing about this as to what it means.