When Does A Christian Become Immortality/Born Again?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Not at all. We need to know that we are justified. We need to believe God. Satan still tries to trick people as he did in Eden. The conditions to be justified are clearly laid out in God's word. If we take God at His word, we are safe and secure in His faithfulness. If we are trying to justify ourselves, as often happened in NT times, we are still in our sins. Our righteousness is still filthy rags to God. Those who imagine that obeying all the commandments (we cannot) make them acceptable to God are deluded. There are still some who insist that sabbath observance and food laws are essential, even though God's word is clear on these issues. People who trust in anything other than the sacrifice of Christ at Calvary, and His resurrection from the dead, are dead in their sins still.
There is false assurance, and unfortunately many people have fallen into that snare. If you are truly saved your life will bear fruit of that.

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
Eternal life is not in the physical realm. It is spirit. The spirit never dies.

john 11 25/26

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this

maththew 16:28
Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom

john6:47
Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life

1corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

1corinthians2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God

matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a FEW find it

1 corinthians 15:26
The last enemy to be destroyed is death

there are 2.4 billion christians in the world and ive yet to find another with understanding. is that a blessing or a curse? FEW indeed.
the bible is more than a book to be read, it is a reality to be experienced. before we die to sin, in illness, violence or old age

until i asked Jesus for help, i knew nothing
duewell
the rainbow connection

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The soul and spirit are imperishable, although some hate that truth.
It seems you hate the truth that God alone is immortal.

He alone is immortal and dwells in unapproachable light. 1 Timothy 6:16a

Our God is a Consuming Fire
:)

selahsays

May 31, 2023
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

- 1 Corinthians 15:52-55 (KJV)

Note: No one becomes immortal until after Jesus Christ returns at His Second Coming.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Note: No one becomes immortal until after Jesus Christ returns at His Second Coming.

From 1 Corinthians 15:50-54
:)

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
john 11 25/26

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this

maththew 16:28
Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom

john6:47
Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life

1corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

1corinthians2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God

matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a FEW find it

1 corinthians 15:26
The last enemy to be destroyed is death

there are 2.4 billion christians in the world and ive yet to find another with understanding. is that a blessing or a curse? FEW indeed.
the bible is more than a book to be read, it is a reality to be experienced. before we die to sin, in illness, violence or old age

until i asked Jesus for help, i knew nothing
duewell
the rainbow connection
How many Christians do you know? No one has all the truth, not you and not me. Paul did not have all the truth. Even if we know all the truth, life is not long enough to preach it.

I know many Christians who have understanding. I can name a few, such as Tony Evans, James Robison, Bayless Conley and Robert Morris. Historically, I've been blessed by Ivor Marshall, Juan Ortiz, Derek Prince, Watchman Nee and Andrew Murray. If you reject them as people of understanding, then I reject your implication that you have understanding. If you've not heard of these men, then you should get out more.

Such ministers teach and preach to the saints. There is a vast number who heed what God has to say through His servants. They are anonymous ones; quiet and faithful. Elijah complained that he was the only real man of God. God rebuked his presumption. There is always a remnant, the "7,000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal".

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It seems you hate the truth that God alone is immortal.
God alone is immortal AT THIS POINT. That does not negate the fact that all His saints will also be immortal in the future. As already pointed out and ignored by you. So it you who hates the truth. You hold to the false teaching that souls and spirits are NOT imperishable.

DJT_47

Oct 20, 2022
Read Acts 2:38-47. The process is described there to become saved and added to the body of Christ which equates to being born again.

Dec 21, 2020
God alone is immortal AT THIS POINT.
So is Jesus Christ. He is the firstfruits. We will follow.

That does not negate the fact that all His saints will also be immortal in the future. As already pointed out and ignored by you. So it you who hates the truth. You hold to the false teaching that souls and spirits are NOT imperishable.
Ezek 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die.
Matt 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell [Gehenna, the lake of fire].

No part of a person is immortal. Yet.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
God alone is immortal AT THIS POINT. That does not negate the fact that all His saints will also
be immortal in the future. As already pointed out and ignored by you. So it you who hates the
truth. You hold to the false teaching that souls and spirits are NOT imperishable.
God alone is immortal from everlasting to everlasting. That cannot be said of us. We put on Christ's immortality,
and I have affirmed this countless times despite your repeated false accusations against me. Shame on you.
You also are comfortable repeating the lie of Satan at the heart of the fall of man and corruption of all creation.
In all good conscience, I cannot do that. Scripture affirms again and again, from Genesis to the end of the Bible,
that the wicked shall perish, and be no more. Whereas with your pet doctrines, you say one verse should suffice.
Just goes to show that you hold to a double standard, love to bear false witness, and hate the truth. Tant pis.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

The scripture is referring to the physical body.

"When you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our trespasses......."

"And having been buried with Him in baptism, you were raised with Him through your faith in the power of God, who raised Him from the dead."

Don't get confused about the differences between spirit, soul and body. Those who are born again have eternal life right now. The spirit is the part of us that is born again. The soul is in the process of being delivered from the habit and memory of the sinful human nature. The body will be transformed into the spiritual body that awaits us.

Eternal life is just that: eternal. And don't be confused about death. It is not the end of existance. It is separation from God. Those who are dead in trespass and sin will face God as their judge. In that sense, all mankind is immortal.

Dec 21, 2020
And don't be confused about death. It is not the end of existance. It is separation from God. Those who are dead in trespass and sin will face God as their judge. In that sense, all mankind is immortal.
I think most Christians are confused about death. If death is a separation, it's a separation from life. Death is the end of life. It IS a temporal end of existence. No human is immortal yet except for the Lord Jesus Christ, who God raised from the dead. He is the firstfruits, the rest will follow when he returns. That is when the dead in Christ will be raised from the dead, and living Christians changed (made immortal). The unsaved who have died will be raised at the white throne judgment, judged, and then die the second death, which will be permanent.

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
How many Christians do you know? No one has all the truth, not you and not me. Paul did not have all the truth. Even if we know all the truth, life is not long enough to preach it.

I know many Christians who have understanding. I can name a few, such as Tony Evans, James Robison, Bayless Conley and Robert Morris. Historically, I've been blessed by Ivor Marshall, Juan Ortiz, Derek Prince, Watchman Nee and Andrew Murray. If you reject them as people of understanding, then I reject your implication that you have understanding. If you've not heard of these men, then you should get out more.

Such ministers teach and preach to the saints. There is a vast number who heed what God has to say through His servants. They are anonymous ones; quiet and faithful. Elijah complained that he was the only real man of God. God rebuked his presumption. There is always a remnant, the "7,000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal".
im not the only real man of God and didnt claim to be. i have only claimed to have been lead and taught by the Spirit. and i certainly dont have all the answers. i present the same words with a different way of viewing them. a view that alot of it can be done while we are alive before we die old,sick, or violently. the word of God is a white light, the bible is a prism and it seems there is a whole spectrum of light coming out of that bible. maybe thats why we get so many different ideas about it.

it's become clear to me that the reason christianity hasn't advanced spiritually is that there are being led by scholars and lawyers. i have not found another who has been solely taught by the Spirit. they cannot even describe how the Spirit is guiding us, much less be able to teach someone how to attempt to follow it. they have become chefs discussing a recipe they have never tasted, arguing over how to prepare a meal they've never been served.

im happy that they have kept the word alive. its is because of people like them and you that someone like me was able to be found by Christ when i, a non believer cried out to Jesus for help and actually got an answer. i remember it clear as day breaking down and asking Jesus for help and as if someone was standing right next to me i heard a single word. "finally" things really took off from there to say the least and i thank everyone for keeping that word alive. it is the greatest experience of my life to be enlightened by Christ through the Holy Spirit. so let me share one of the things i learned on my journey and taught by the Spirit so far. an example you can do yourself and requires nothing more than for you to look into your own eyes and maybe learn a little something about yourself. if you see it in yourself you will be able to see it in others.

matthew 6:22, the eye is the lamp of the body, also luke 11:34. it is also mentioned in proverbs 30:17 the eye is the window to the soul. so here is how you actually do that. in short, its how well you can see your reflection IN THE PUPIL of our eyes. either your own pupil in a mirror or your reflection in another persons pupil. the brighter your reflection is in other persons pupil, not only is it a sign of how much that person cares for you its a sign of how good of a person it is that your looking at. it even can change based on what that other person has been doing that day. one day the reflection in your mothers pupils could be very clear to you and two days later when she is intoxicated or medicated in the hospital, it just doesnt shine the same way if at all. when doing a business deal with another person the less of yourself you can see in their pupil the more hesitant you should be about making a deal. when a stranger approaches you on the street one look into their pupils can tell you everything you need to know about their intentions.

for when you want to check yourself out, go look in the mirror. anyone who has become intoxicated/drugged will be able to relate to as its something i've seen myself and others do. when under the influence of whatever they will stare into a mirror looking at their eyes and think or talk about how something is wrong with the reflection, something is missing. i once told a girl that the reason she was confused was that she was looking at how she cannot see her soul anymore. as people fall into sin more and more the pupil of your eyes lose its reflection of yourself. the more you hate yourself and the life you have the less of your reflection you will see in your pupil. the worse sins you have commited the blacker that pupil becomes. its why murders and other serious criminals have what people say are dead eyes. talk with a few convicts or drug addicts and they will confim the truth of it. then talk to some people at a church and notice how their pupils reflect you so brightly you could comb your hair with it. only thing i would add here is when you are one of those dead eyed people you dont tend to see your reflection in others people pupils any more than you would see it in a mirror. some murderers have even talked about how they kill people its cause they can see that person actually see them or that they can see the light leaving their eyes. either way its all about the pupils reflection. works best in sunlight too.

so to all you folks out there go check it out in a mirror. look at the reflection in your pupils. dont worry about the reflection that we all have in the whites of our eyes. focus on the pupil. if your one of those who can see how brightly your reflection shines in your pupil. have a few drinks or whatever and go look again and see how the reflection has dimmed or even gone out. sober up ask for forgivness and watch the light come back into your pupil. once you know how it works its something you can use ever day with everyone you interact with and it can react with your thoughts look in a mirror and think should i do this or that or that and watch as it fades in and out as it fades ouit you prolly dont want to continue with that thought or act on it.

i guess the point im making here is that we need christians who can actually teach on how to experience the bible BEFORE we die to sin, in old age,sicknes or from violence. its more that a book that prepares you for after we die to sin. it also teaches us how to do it BEFORE we die to sin, in old age,sicknes or violence. it is a reality we can experience before we die.

the truth of ourselves is written in all our eyes. just as the bible teaches. maybe i'll meet those people someday and they can share what the Spirit taught them and how to apply what the bible teaches. TODAY not in X amount of years after i die. i certainly could use some help with the demons i've had to deal with since awakening to the reality no one else seems to even notice. of course i never noticed it either until i confessed and asked Jesus for help i was as clueless as anyone.

if youre all just waiting to die so you can stand before Christ and have understanding, what are you waiting for? have you no faith? have you no courage of your convictions? if you think that kind of talk is insane, you've never been led by the Spirit. you need to have the faith of isaac to follow your father to your death. how do you expect to follow the Spirit to be crucifed with Christ. you'll never get through the eye of the needle or follow the path through the narrow gate. only the Spirit can lead you there. many are called, few answer. you cant even hear it knocking until you honestly confess your sins and ask Jesus for help. and then you better have the faith of a child and the courage to follow that faith as all of creation reaches out to guide you.

did you know when you are born again of imperishable seed the sexual urges that showed up around puberty are completly controllable. that when you actually follow the Spirit and put to death the sins of the flesh all those addictions to alcohol/coke/heroin/whatever are removed from you and not only are you done with them the idea of needing them becomes laughable. for fun you try going out on a bender and realize it doesn effect you like before and how pointless and stupid it is as you actually have better things to do with your life. all the desires one might have had for revenge for people who have wronged you fly right out the window. that the emotions you had closed off for years come back in such a positive way that you feel fully human in a way you haven't felt since you were a kid. every song becomes a hymm. to walk out the door everyday and know that if anything bad were to happen to you, it happened because it will serve Gods will. so theres nothing to worry about. that the most sadness you feel in a day is how everyone else is missing out on it and you feel guilty for enjoying a new reality and perception they are not. the frustration of trying to explain exactly what they are preaching about only to be ignored or dismissed.

i guess youll just have to wait and find out what exactly it is you missed out on because you and others cant accept that there are a few us out here who know what we are talking about, not cause we read it or had it explained to us by some other person, because we've actually done it, we're actually here and living it everyday. the bible confirms the experience taught by the Spirit. we dont need anything but a bible and faith. let the holy trinity handle the rest.

thankfully Jesus has our back for our failures, but the longer people wait the more they have to answer for. YOU DONT have to wait to die at 80 to answer for your sins. most of humanity is missing out on the greatest adventure imaginable. a true enlightenment for during our life, not just after it. i wish more people wanted to do it in the here and now. sadly they're all being taught it happens later in the hearafter.

i knew nothing until i asked Jesus for help
duewell
the rainbow connection.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Thursday 7-6-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 17 5783, 16th. Summer Day

Hello, I have been thinking about the OP and the different posts, but have not received any revelation on what Jesus was talking about to Nicodemus. But I'm glad to have an understanding of these views on this thread and more on other site forums.

I was looking at: It is by scripture we as Christians are not Born Again until we are caught up to be with Christ 1 Thessalonians 4:17, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-58

But here are some views from Bing:
In Christianity, being born again means having a spiritual renewal or change of heart by accepting Jesus as the Savior and Lord. It is not about physical birth or external requirements, but about receiving salvation and becoming part of God’s family1.

The phrase “born again” is frequently misinterpreted. Looking at its primary reference, we see that its meaning is not about physical birth, but about experiencing a spiritual renewal. It is an expression used by many Protestants to define the moment or process of fully accepting faith in Jesus Christ. It is an experience when the teachings of Christianity and Jesus become real, and the “born again” acquire a personal relationship with God2.

Also, we will be in prayer about this process.

Bible Gateway passage: John 3:3-8, Colossians 1:15-18, Romans 8:29, Revelation 1:5, 1 Corinthians 15:50, Galatians 4:26, 2 John 1, 2 John 13, Revelation 12:1-5, Hebrews 12:23, Malachi 3:1 - King James Version

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say...
www.biblegateway.com

Love, Walter And Debbie
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

This means that when a person is given the ability (by God) to believe on Jesus for salvation, he/she is already in life. An outside observer might see that same person experience this conversion, and then note that the person's body dies a natural death later. Nevertheless, the person continues to live with the Lord.

We see this same thing in these verses: "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? " Note that the phrase 'though he were dead' occurs here. This 'were dead' is talking about 'were dead in trespasses and sins', not about bodily death. We read about that in this verse: "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins ".

Another fun place we see this sort of thing is when Jesus talked about people who had already died a natural bodily death. He talked about Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jesus said, " I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err. " Jesus was letting them in on this interesting secret that although Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had already died bodily, they are still very much alive.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I think most Christians are confused about death. If death is a separation, it's a separation from life. Death is the end of life. It IS a temporal end of existence. No human is immortal yet except for the Lord Jesus Christ, who God raised from the dead. He is the firstfruits, the rest will follow when he returns. That is when the dead in Christ will be raised from the dead, and living Christians changed (made immortal). The unsaved who have died will be raised at the white throne judgment, judged, and then die the second death, which will be permanent.
Many believe the dead (those not found in Christ at the end of this age, following the resurrection
and judgment of all) will receive immortality also. I had one person here tell me that Satan gives
them this life
.:unsure:o_O:oops:. I wonder if that's what @Nehemiah6 thinks also, or when exactly the
dead receive immortality in his view, or if he has even considered that question, and if he has,
what his answer would be, and how he came to it, since it is nowhere in Scripture.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
God alone is immortal AT THIS POINT. That does not negate the fact that all His saints will also be immortal in the future. As already pointed out and ignored by you. So it you who hates the truth. You hold to the false teaching that souls and spirits are NOT imperishable.
Are the angels immortal?

True question, I think they are, your thoughts?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Are the angels immortal?
Since angels are SPIRIT BEINGS the question of immortality is moot.

Mortality and immortality apply to the physical body, not the soul and spirit. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (Rom 8:11)

The term "immortal" has been wrongly applied to souls and spirits for a long time. The correct term would be "imperishable".

Dec 21, 2020
Many believe the dead (those not found in Christ at the end of this age, following the resurrection and judgment of all) will receive immortality also.
A lot of Christians believe that EVERYONE has an immortal soul, and that when a person dies, only his flesh body dies, and his spirit/soul continues to live. I do not believe that is true.

I had one person here tell me that Satan gives them this life .:unsure:o_O:oops:. I wonder if that's what @Nehemiah6 thinks also, or when exactly the dead receive immortality in his view, or if he has even considered that question, and if he has, what his answer would be, and how he came to it, since it is nowhere in Scripture.
Satan can't give life...