When God spoke to Israel was it for gentiles, also?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
why do we even print o.t in our bibles?

i hate that idea that only some parts of the bible apply to us and rest is just unapplicable to us
Who said some parts do and other not? Judaizers?

Its using the flesh of a Jew as belief (faith) as a inward Jew born again of the Spirit and unbelief (no faith) as a outward Jew according to what the eyes see. . both represent the whole of mankind as to what the eyes see and that hidden in the parables. the spiritual understanding the gospel .Hid from natural uncovered man the evil generation (no faith)

It never (not once )about the flesh of any nation as if God was served by human hands. As we know he can uses a unclean animal which represent natural man. . . beast of the field, the evil generation(in Adam) to bring his work the gospel of salvation .the generation of in Christ)

It as a work of Christ's faith that faithfully stopped the madness of the false prophet Balaam. An Ass a unclean animal was born according to the ceremonial law .If the ass representing the first born is not redeemed by a lamb to represent Jesus as the first born then break its neck as in falling backward in judgment.

Mar 28, 2016
Ah... yes, you mentioned that when you quoted the passage. I didn't see that; my apologies.

The passage doesn't specify what the issue was. It only says "ceremonial washings". I don't think your view is necessarily incorrect, but I would encourage you to distinguish between the text and your views.
Yes "ceremonial washings". shadows. . non effective. No sign gifts.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes "ceremonial washings". shadows. . non effective. No sign gifts.
The passage says absolutely NOTHING regarding gifts. You're way off base with this.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
why do we even print o.t in our bibles?

i hate that idea that only some parts of the bible apply to us and rest is just unapplicable to us
Would you prefer that your relationship with God depended on you meticulously following the Old Covenant commands... all 613 of them?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Would you prefer that your relationship with God depended on you meticulously following the Old Covenant commands... all 613 of them?
Well, being as how we can't follow all 613 of them let's trash the whole thing. Surely the law can't teach us anything today, right? Which commandments do you suppose Jesus was speaking of here: John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." 5thumbsup.gif

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Well, being as how we can't follow all 613 of them let's trash the whole thing. Surely the law can't teach us anything today, right? Which commandments do you suppose Jesus was speaking of here: John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." View attachment 203546
Please see the thread on Logical Fallacies... particularly the posts on the strawman fallacy. :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Not a strawman. You brought the 613 OT commandments. I was just quoting Our Christ speaking on those same commandments. :unsure:
This part is a strawman: "Well, being as how we can't follow all 613 of them let's trash the whole thing. Surely the law can't teach us anything today, right?" :)

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Something that might help is looking at Gods promise to Abraham, for it was through this promise the covenant was given.
We also are recipients of this promise because we are the seed of Abraham.

One interesting part of this promise , at least to me, came when God spoke to Abraham saying " look to heaven, if you can number the stars , so shall thy seed be.

Only in recent years have we discovered we do not even have a number that can express star counting.
This promise God made to Abraham He is keeping. Where we will all be is a different matter, because , there is not enough physical space on this planet for that many people.