When God talks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nel3
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nel3

Guest
The other day my mom had a dream of God telling her things to tell me. One of the things was that he had a couple reserved for me and that I was going to have two kids. One of the kids same is the same name my professor has. At the beginning of the semester I told a guy I couldn't keep talking to him because I didn't feel we were ment to be. I started feeling that I was gonna end up alone and I started to project myself being with people I have never been interested before and with that professor who is young. That was something really random because I have no interest whatsoever on them. I've been blaming myself that the professors name is the same my kid is gonna have because maybe my future husband can get mad or something. But then I thought millions of people have that name and my husband wouldn't give it importance because it is Gods will to be called with that name. Do you think I'm overthinking on this? Would he get mad?
 
I am personally concerned that u have accepted ur mom's dream as being the word of God. I used to think of myself as a "prophet" and would listen as elders in the church who tried to interpret my dreams and visions. I came to realize that they were controlling me and others in the congregation with their "interpretations" and now view that whole scene more as mind control than actually hearing from God. I would caution who u listen to when it comes to ur own life. No one, not even ur mother, should have that kind of control over u. When u stand before God, and He asks u "what did u do with my Son?" are u going to say, "well, my mother said..." - no, u will stand with all humility and say "I honoured Him with all that I did with my life".

No one can hear the voice of God for u - u must hear it for urself. Only that which He speaks to ur heart about, will be required of u. Sometimes I think that people would rather be led blindly by those around them than to be led directly by our Lord. Examine ur heart and see if that is what u are doing, before it is too late.

Praying for u, Nel3
df1957
 
Last edited by a moderator: