When I pray

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2019
It may sound silly but things seem to get worse when I pray for things to get better or strength. It's kind of scary. Should I still pray or should I stop praying? I know we are told to pray without ceasing but I'm scared...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
It may sound silly but things seem to get worse when I pray for things to get better or strength. It's kind of scary. Should I still pray or should I stop praying? I know we are told to pray without ceasing but I'm scared...
It's always good to take a break and listen for God's answer.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have heard it taught to not stop, this is may be a sign your prayers are having a result, and perhaps the devil is increasing his efforts, but the war is won, Jesus paid it all.
We merely fight the battles and Jesus promised to go before us.

Feb 28, 2016
asking other Christians if 'you should continue to pray', is such a huge TELL!!!
perhaps getting one's priorities in ORDER before SELF would be of great benefit...

Feb 28, 2016
Sub,
we respect your opinion, but, it would be 'respectful' if you would
take the time to give your 'reason' why you 'disagree, thus we will
be able to understand your heart in a more intimate way...

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"There is a time to rest, and a time to work ( prayers ) and not to be discouraged, but with
perseverance and harmony. Let us be mindful that spiritual 'awareness' being essential in
knowing most often prayers are never answer in the way we may think. Often people, places
and things change around us, that often may relate to a specific prayer...be alert...spiritually alert."
'Praise God'

56bc6e0ba935a_Serenity-Copy(8)-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy_jpg...jpg Friendly.png

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You have not really provided enough information for anyone to give serious thought to a proper answer.....

What "things" are you praying for to get better? Why are you praying for "strength?"

As for being "scared," if you read and BELIEVE Scripture, you know that we are NOT born with a spirit of fear.

2 Timothy, Chapter 1:

7) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

8) Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;