When is it gonna be enough?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
@HistoryPrincess Here's goes the old man speech; "Back in my day," very smart kids got scholarships and minorities got grants and rich kids got what they wanted. Everybody else went to work or joined the military after high school. Average students from low income families weren't expected to go to college. The military was the most logical way up. I didn't want to be a long shoreman, a truck driver, a plumber or a roofer. even though they made big bucks. I joined the Air Force during Viet Nam. That was my college fund. I never heard of student loans in 1972 and my father taught me that debt is a trap. GI Bill was my ticket and I served our nation with pride. So did my dad so did my son so does my grandson. Your friends won't have such a burden of debt of they are will to be humble and serve. It's a job, not a religion. Every nation has one.

Feb 20, 2016
@HistoryPrincess Here's goes the old man speech; "Back in my day," very smart kids got scholarships and minorities got grants and rich kids got what they wanted. Everybody else went to work or joined the military after high school. Average students from low income families weren't expected to go to college. The military was the most logical way up. I didn't want to be a long shoreman, a truck driver, a plumber or a roofer. even though they made big bucks. I joined the Air Force during Viet Nam. That was my college fund. I never heard of student loans in 1972 and my father taught me that debt is a trap. GI Bill was my ticket and I served our nation with pride. So did my dad so did my son so does my grandson. Your friends won't have such a burden of debt of they are will to be humble and serve. It's a job, not a religion. Every nation has one.
Thank you for your service. My uncle is retired from the air-force and I have plenty of cousins in the military.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
America: 330,000,000 people.
Netherlands: 17,000,000 people.
Nuff said.
You obviously didn't read the previous posts. The EU population is about 550,000,000, and has a murder rate about six times less than the UK.

Why?

Less guns. Guns are easy to kill people with. As you can see from the graph I posted earlier, firearms account for the vast majority of homicides in the USA.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
America was formed by violently opposing an oppressive government. This would not have been at all possible without the colonials having firearms.

You talk about hunting or skill shooting or some other silly reason for the Gov to graciously allow you to have a gun. Our founding fathers made that a RIGHT. Understanding that without an armed citizenry there is no real restraint from an oppressive Gov. OR THE CRIMINAL WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT LAW.
Criminals don't care about the law anywhere inthe world. And yet, the EU has six times less murders per capita than the USA.

The worst atrocities in history have been perpetrated by GOVERNMENTS against the people! And one of the 1st things an oppressive government does is disarm the populace. You watch how the situation in Hong Kong plays out. It WILL end with the gov. putting it's boot on the necks of the people because they have no real way to resist.
If you think the people of America could resist the US military, then you are deluded. One only has to look at the state of the police forces' brutality and the basic lack of privacy, labour, union and welfare laws in the USA to understand that American citizens are already oppressed by their government. The dollar is the focus of the worship.

We have bailed YOUR country out twice in the past 100 yrs. How was it so easy for Hitler to take your whole country after teatime one day?
The Soviets and British India won the second world war. Only Americans seem to think otherwise.

So instead of bad mouthing and criticizing America, you should be thanking and blessing us, as we CONTINUE to defend YOU and all of Europe.
An American poling company, Gallup, conducted a worldwide poll recently asking citizens of various countries allied to the USA who they thought was the biggest threat to world peace. The USA topped that list by a large margin.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Criminals don't care about the law anywhere inthe world. And yet, the EU has six times less murders per capita than the USA.

If you think the people of America could resist the US military, then you are deluded. One only has to look at the state of the police forces' brutality and the basic lack of privacy, labour, union and welfare laws in the USA to understand that American citizens are already oppressed by their government. The dollar is the focus of the worship.

The Soviets and British India won the second world war. Only Americans seem to think otherwise.

An American poling company, Gallup, conducted a worldwide poll recently asking citizens of various countries allied to the USA who they thought was the biggest threat to world peace. The USA topped that list by a large margin.
Too much ignorance here to tackle all of this, but it is my understanding that there are certain cities or countries in EU that have, or are trying to ban knives. We've had poison attacks, cars and trucks killing scores of people at a time, rice cookers killing people, a couple of box cutters killing 3 THOUSAND in an hour, crop fertilizer killed 168 and injured 600, pilots killing their own passengers by crashing into mountains, or flying straight up and then to the sea, the list goes on and on.....

When are you going to realize the problem isn't the inanimate object, be it a gun or knife, car etc.. but the evil HEART of wicked men!
Just a couple recent examples.
4 Dead In Southern California Stabbing Spree
CHUCK ROSS
August 08, 201911:22 AM ET
A 33-year-old man was arrested Wednesday and charged with allegedly stabbing four people to death during a crime spree outside Los Angeles.
Mass Stabbing In Japan Leaves 17 Injured, 3 Dead, Including 11-Year-Old Girl
WHITNEY TIPTON
May 28, 201911:49 AM ET
Three people are confirmed dead, including an 11-year-old girl, from a mass stabbing that left 17 schoolchildren injured Tuesday in Kawasaki, Japan, a suburb southwest of Tokyo.

• Spain (2004) — Bombing: 192 deaths, 2,050 injuries;
  • Great Britain (2005) — Bombing: 52 deaths, 784 injuries;
  • Japan (2008) — Car ramming and stabbing: seven deaths, 10 injuries;
  • China (2010) — Shovel-loader: 11 deaths, 30 injuries;
  • China (2014) — Car ramming: six deaths, 13 injuries;
  • China (2014) — Mass stabbing: 31 deaths, 143 injuries;
  • Germany (2015) — Plane crash: 150 deaths;
  • Belgium (2016) — Bombing: 21 deaths, 180 injuries;
  • France (2016) — Car ramming: 86 deaths, 434 injuries;
  • Germany (2016) — Car ramming: 11 deaths, 56 injuries;
  • Japan (2016) — Mass stabbing: 19 deaths, 45 injuries; and
  • Great Britain (2017) — Bombing: 22 deaths, 250 injuries
  • The list goes on and on.

Oh. That you think you wouldn't STILL be part of the 3rd Reich if America joined the Allies is beyond laughable. But it explains your lack of gratitude. You also don't even understand that you REMAIN free today because of US.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Too much ignorance here to tackle all of this, but it is my understanding that there are certain cities or countries in EU that have, or are trying to ban knives. We've had poison attacks, cars and trucks killing scores of people at a time, rice cookers killing people, a couple of box cutters killing 3 THOUSAND in an hour, crop fertilizer killed 168 and injured 600, pilots killing their own passengers by crashing into mountains, or flying straight up and then to the sea, the list goes on and on.....

When are you going to realize the problem isn't the inanimate object, be it a gun or knife, car etc.. but the evil HEART of wicked men!
Just a couple recent examples.
4 Dead In Southern California Stabbing Spree
CHUCK ROSS
August 08, 201911:22 AM ET
A 33-year-old man was arrested Wednesday and charged with allegedly stabbing four people to death during a crime spree outside Los Angeles.
Mass Stabbing In Japan Leaves 17 Injured, 3 Dead, Including 11-Year-Old Girl
WHITNEY TIPTON
May 28, 201911:49 AM ET
Three people are confirmed dead, including an 11-year-old girl, from a mass stabbing that left 17 schoolchildren injured Tuesday in Kawasaki, Japan, a suburb southwest of Tokyo.

• Spain (2004) — Bombing: 192 deaths, 2,050 injuries;
  • Great Britain (2005) — Bombing: 52 deaths, 784 injuries;
  • Japan (2008) — Car ramming and stabbing: seven deaths, 10 injuries;
  • China (2010) — Shovel-loader: 11 deaths, 30 injuries;
  • China (2014) — Car ramming: six deaths, 13 injuries;
  • China (2014) — Mass stabbing: 31 deaths, 143 injuries;
  • Germany (2015) — Plane crash: 150 deaths;
  • Belgium (2016) — Bombing: 21 deaths, 180 injuries;
  • France (2016) — Car ramming: 86 deaths, 434 injuries;
  • Germany (2016) — Car ramming: 11 deaths, 56 injuries;
  • Japan (2016) — Mass stabbing: 19 deaths, 45 injuries; and
  • Great Britain (2017) — Bombing: 22 deaths, 250 injuries
  • The list goes on and on.

Oh. That you think you wouldn't STILL be part of the 3rd Reich if America joined the Allies is beyond laughable. But it explains your lack of gratitude. You also don't even understand that you REMAIN free today because of US.
America DIDN’T join should say.

S

Susanna

Everyone is dependent on their allies. We are as well. I’m very skeptical about politicians or anyone else undermining the treaties between the Western countries.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Hmm @HistoryPrincess

I read your OP and I made it to page 6...I'll go back and read the rest a bit later but the post that struck me the most was Post #3

I share the sentiment...umm Lord you know all this stuff is happening. What do you want me to do?

Then I somehow get it into my mind/spirit to do small things like just go to church, just talk to one person about the Lord. Not God, not the bible, but the LORD.

You know how hard that actually is? I've had so many conversations, long-winded 6hr+ convos about all things spiritual with lots of scripture and lot of "semi-rebukes" but I can't clearly rebuke them because they delve into the esoteric. To steer it toward Jesus? Incredibly difficult. To actually share the gospel. Not believe in Jesus and be saved. Even demons believe that...but do you know him as your personal Lord and savior, do you want to walk in the light of his glory and submit to him in all you do and pick up your cross and follow him?

We can talk about God all day but talking about Yeshua is incredibly difficult. I would encourage you to make that attempt...no idea if you are or not so don't take it as if I do and this is judgmental.

That's my own personal struggle.

I could write/speak/type all day about the intricacies of the world's problems and keep going and keep going every day because new problems crop up. Is that productive? Is that beneficial?

Do I sometimes think God is asleep at the wheel or if he isn't he doesn't include me in his plans for the state of the world's affairs and how we need to manage them. That's his job. If he places you or I in a position of authority to change things...he will do so very clearly.

I mean even if you were a public speaker, do you realize how divided even the world is with politics?

Take out Christians for a moment. Let us assume (for the sake of argument) that Jesus did not "get into politics" (which I don't believe he did as per scripture) and that a believer has no business there. Again assume for a moment.

And then you take a look at the U.S as a whole. See the division? Who do you think is sowing that? Who do you think is the god of this world as per scripture? What was the second temptation?

So you can either choose to see that or not.

Would I love for the Father to just change that and make this a utopian society by force? Certainly...but that's what the millenial reign is.

I don't really have any friends either. Even when I learned to modulate what I said and people finally were able to "see me" a little bit they could only see a little bit. So I guess I could say I have friends but they aren't real "battle partners" in the ways I would like. When I have a burning need that is also a burning prayer request I often get met with a blase attitude. Then I realize I often respond this way to others also...but I do care. So maybe they do too? if you ask those targeted questions in a conversational way and sort of show that you'd be surprised that sometimes we react to the surface more often than not.

I might have said this before to you. I know I said it once here on this site. NO ONE sees you but him. NO ONE knows you COMPLETELY but him. We can't in the same way they can't see me...we can't even see all of ourselves only HE can. Our sight is limited. We see in part.

^That's one of the coolest things about his return and faith being sight that I'm looking forward to. I can provide a scripture reference if you'd like.

I know pride and arrogance when I see it. I myself have been incredibly filled with the same, it took me a while to see what type of fruit it really produces. It attracts things that possibly you may have to experience...I hope not :(

I'll admit there are times I get confused as to where I end and he begins. You may very well be filled with a lot of the spirit but it's the spirit that fills you not you yourself, and he doesn't like pride. I learned this something like the hard way and no one really saw my own personal "fall from grace" into the pit. A lot of things are private and I still have doubts but that's human. Trust is a choice. Faith is a gift.

In regards to the OP and a few other posts.

You are lumping Christians in with non-christians. No one that promotes hatred of the sort you described in your last paragraph is a believer.

You also said to not trust the church. I disagree. The body of believers that reveres the Lord and worships him in spirit and truth should be trusted. Certainly it should ALWAYS be seen in The WORD. If not, cast it aside.

I have similar trust issues with believers, I'm not quick to call them out and I first go to prayer at this point and it's amazing how much that changes things. Other times not...my political prayers, and solving the world's problems prayers go unanswered.

I factor in my own spiritual pride and the plank that is in my own eye, it allows me to "see" them. At least what he allows me to see. Enough to be open that maybe just maybe I have found another believer.

We aren't alone but we are far apart. Most people here won't ever understand you...I think I do a little bit. You voice things in a way that if I were here a few years ago I probably would have also. I fell from my ivory tower though and realized there are things I legit need to call out to God for AND things I need in other believers for edification and sharpening my own iron.

There was a silent period where I couldn't figure out what to do. I felt like I should be going to bible studies and growing with other men my own age and I didn't like that. Then when in a fit of flaming frustration I finally did, it's like the Lord came back somehow. I don't think he was gone just that he didn't design us to be alone by ourselves and some of us are thick headed about it.

Late at night I feel alone and want my own personal pity party and I don't think he's a fan. So what do I do...I submit and realize I haven't arrived and maybe I am being a bit petulant and immature because I "want" something to look a certain way and then complain when it doesn't. HE is the Lord not me.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Look who's being condescending and scorning different views themselves.
Your pompous ignorance in post 19 speaks volumes regarding your petulant, self righteous pride. Your causticity is inherently dangerous. Humble yourself with haste.

Feb 20, 2016
Your pompous ignorance in post 19 speaks volumes regarding your petulant, self righteous pride. Your causticity is inherently dangerous. Humble yourself with haste.
I have. If you'd bothered to read anything else I wrote. How about following your own advice?

I've got nothing to prove. It's your choice to respond to me or not. I'm perfectly fine about my position on things. I've learned that the more you stay cool under people trying to provoke you, the more desperate they're gonna get.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
I have. If you'd bothered to read anything else I wrote. How about following your own advice?

I've got nothing to prove. It's your choice to respond to me or not. I'm perfectly fine about my position on things. I've learned that the more you stay cool under people trying to provoke you, the more desperate they're gonna get.
Trust me, neophyte, you’re no cause for desperation. Heed your own advice and be ashamed of your personal shortfalls. You know, take the plank out of your own eye before attempting to remove the splinters out of others. Someone really awesome said that once.

Feb 20, 2016
Trust me, neophyte, you’re no cause for desperation. Heed your own advice and be ashamed of your personal shortfalls. You know, take the plank out of your own eye before attempting to remove the splinters out of others. Someone really awesome said that once.
I know. And I love him. And I know he loves me, and knows me. He alone knows my heart. He also said to turn the other cheek, and pray for those who persecute you.

I would've said the same thing to you but I knew what your reaction would be. Are you willing to follow through with what he said?

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
I know. And I love him. And I know he loves me, and knows me. He alone knows my heart. He also said to turn the other cheek, and pray for those who persecute you.

I would've said the same thing to you but I knew what your reaction would be. Are you willing to follow through with what he said?
I’ve dedicated my life to serving the Lord in capacities that would blow your mind. My heart would sincerely rejoice if you were to always magnify His Name as well.

You came out swinging and I have the wherewithal to swing back. Your passion is to be commended, but your indignation is not as righteous as you believe it to be. Now that we understand one another we can move forward and magnify His Name together, or not, that’s up to you, and I’m fine either way. May you be blessed with true discernment.

Feb 20, 2016
I’ve dedicated my life to serving the Lord in capacities that would blow your mind. My heart would sincerely rejoice if you were to always magnify His Name as well.

You came out swinging and I have the wherewithal to swing back. Your passion is to be commended, but your indignation is not as righteous as you believe it to be. Now that we understand one another we can move forward and magnify His Name together, or not, that’s up to you, and I’m fine either way. May you be blessed with true discernment.
Jesus also said not to boast in public about our accomplishments.

And neither is yours as righteous as you believe.

I won't say whether what I did was right or wrong, but Jesus flipped over tables in the temple because the courtyard, meant to be a holy place, was being used as a black market that ripped people off. He was angry, and rightly so. And since we are to be conformed into his image, sometimes we must follow his lead.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Jesus also said not to boast in public about our accomplishments.

And neither is yours as righteous as you believe.

I won't say whether what I did was right or wrong
You just proved my point about your indignation not being as righteous as you believe it to be. You’re prideful, but you’re young, and you will no doubt grow into His fullness; for that I rejoice.

As far as me not being as righteous as you believe I find myself to be, I know full well I am a sinner in need of God’s grace; and His grace is sufficient.

You’re as cocky as I was when I was your age, but you have the advantage of learning while still young. You can grow so much more quickly than I did and be so much more effective at sharing the Gospel than I was at your age. It’s OK to point a finger at others provided you always remember there are three fingers pointing back at you.

Remember, it’s not always going to be you overturning tables in a righteous manner, sometimes people will be overturning your tables to teach you as well, that is, if you desire to learn.

Feb 20, 2016
You just proved my point about your indignation not being as righteous as you believe it to be. You’re prideful, but you’re young, and you will no doubt grow into His fullness; for that I rejoice.

As far as me not being as righteous as you believe I find myself to be, I know full well I am a sinner in need of God’s grace; and His grace is sufficient.

You’re as cocky as I was when I was your age, but you have the advantage of learning while still young. You can grow so much more quickly than I did and be so much more effective at sharing the Gospel than I was at your age. It’s OK to point a finger at others provided you always remember there are three fingers pointing back at you.

Remember, it’s not always going to be you overturning tables in a righteous manner, sometimes people will be overturning your tables to teach you as well, that is, if you desire to learn.
Pride has nothing to do with age.

I never said I was more righteous than you. I never gave any indication. All I know is that no matter what I say, you will use it against me. I'm not going to shame you for sharing your opinions, but I will not apologize for sharing mine.

If you knew the Gospel, you would also know that "the Lord's bondservant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged."

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Pride has nothing to do with age.

I never said I was more righteous than you. I never gave any indication. All I know is that no matter what I say, you will use it against me. I'm not going to shame you for sharing your opinions, but I will not apologize for sharing mine.

If you knew the Gospel, you would also know that "the Lord's bondservant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged."
Reread my last few posts. I’m being completely honest AND patient, and not using your words against you but rather to teach you. However now I fear I may be wasting my time since you are under the false assumption that I do not know the Gospel. Once again, your pride causes blindness. Heck, even your name is prideful.

I’ll work with you if or when you would like proper guidance. You help teach me and I’ll help teach you. We’ll learn together, or not. Like I said, the choice is yours.

Feb 20, 2016
Reread my last few posts. I’m being completely honest AND patient, and not using your words against you but rather to teach you. However now I fear I may be wasting my time since you are under the false assumption that I do not know the Gospel. Once again, your pride causes blindness. Heck, even your name is prideful.

I’ll work with you if or when you would like proper guidance. You help teach me and I’ll help teach you. We’ll learn together, or not. Like I said, the choice is yours.
I never said you don't know the gospel.

I've read your comments and while they may be honest, they are not patient. You've called me names (neophyte), and you insist I don't know what I'm talking about.

And if we're gonna go by that logic, all names are prideful.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
I took that as you proclaiming I did not know the Gospel. Funny thing is, your OP is quite quarrelsome. Again I chalk that up to your passion, which is to an extent definitely righteous, but not as righteous as you believe it to be.

I never said you don’t know what you’re talking about and I apologize if I lead you to believe that. You’re a very bright woman with great passion, but you are also your own worst enemy by pointing fingers at others with such harshness.

You’ll always catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Stand firm in defending the Gospel as you do, for that you are to be praised, but remember, you’re not perfect. You never said you are perfect, but your OP is pretty much a self proclamation that believe yourself to be better than most others.