WHEN IT’S DARKEST HE WORKS HIS GREATEST WORKS FOR US

  • Thread starter Thread starter DWJL511
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DWJL511

Guest
Hi brothers & sisters,

I'm new here. I like to blog, or simply write about what I see in Scripture (hopefully by His Spirit) when I meditate on His Word. I also sit under the ministry of Joseph Prince, so some stuff I blog about has to do with law and grace. Okay, here's my first blog post. Hope it blesses you in some way:


“…the night is coming when no one can work.”

I have been blessed by meditating on just this under-ten-word phrase in John 9:4.

Since I started meditating on scriptures (finally, after so many years of being a Christian), I’ve found that you don’t always have to chew on an entire verse or passage—just a short phrase is often more than enough for His Spirit to speak paragraphs to you.

John 9:4–5
“I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

In the highlighted phrase in John 9:4, Jesus was referring to the night of His betrayal, and subsequent arrest and crucifixion. A very dark period was approaching when “no one can work.” None of His disciples would be able to perform any good works, because their Master would be taken from them and bound.

How true this is, because Jesus said, “Without Me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). Strike the Shepherd and the sheep scatter (Matthew 26:31).

Yet, it was in this darkest of times, when “no one can work,” that Jesus performed two of the greatest works for mankind. When no one can, God can!

The first is that He healed the high priest’s servant, Malchus, whose right ear was severed by Peter’s sword (Luke 22:51). Why is this one of the greatest works? Because spiritually speaking, Jesus restored hearing to us. The Bible tells us that faith to be saved comes by hearing and hearing the good news of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:17). But how can we be saved, if we can’t first “hear”? Malchus was a servant, but his name means “king.” Before we can be transformed from servants to kings in Christ, we first need to be able to hear the good news.

And how can we hear, if no one is sent to preach to us (Romans 10:14–15)? So we also read in this passage that in healing the man who was blind from his mother’s womb, Jesus sent him to the pool of Siloam. “Siloam” means “sent.” Jesus is the Sent One who opens blind eyes and deaf ears so that we may see and hear, and be saved. And He was sent first from the Father—Christ the firstfruits—in order that many more can be sent in His name to preach the good news to the peoples of the earth.

The second greatest work of Jesus during this dark period is of course His sacrifice for us on the cross. Truly, “no one can work” this work, except the Christ. When we cease from our works to merit eternal life, He works the greatest work to save us. And to ensure that we can hear about this greatest work and become kings with Him, He restores our hearing first.

Friends, when it’s darkest in our lives and we can’t work any good for ourselves, our Lord performs His greatest works for us.


more here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/347451218740450/
 
Amen... not a lot of people can interpret the word of God in the way you just did... keep on, keeping on...

I also believe that it is in our wilderness that we discover who Christ is in our lives... certain things need to be broken down in order to be renewed, rebuilt into something much more stronger... Our darkest times allow us to depend on God, it allows us to open up ourselves to Him and become vulnerable to the Father....
 
we also listen to Joseph Prince, my favorite teaching is.. on laboring to enter His rest, the only labor we should do..