T
toinena
Guest
Mark 12:31
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
I am a social person. I like to work together with people. Both Norwegian and from all over the world. I have more foreign friends than Norwegian is seems. I have Muslim students and I love them. I have Buddhists, atheists, Hindus as guests visiting my home through Airbnb. I can communicate with illiterate Afghan women that has no knowledge of a Western language. I know this. It is my job, my passion, my calling, my hobby, my life. I move in love and respect with all, and I get loved and respected by most of them in return.
To my surprise I have lately become grumpy. I have given my life and house to Jesus. I have prayed that He will send me guests through Airbnb that I can witness to, or have fellowship with. It has brought me out of depression, isolation and loneliness. And people have loved to stay at my house. i am even a "super-host", having more than 90% top-score. People want to come back. And they do.
But my welcoming and loving style also means that people takes advantage, and outstays their welcome. Some invade my privacy. The same people go to rooms that are not meant to be public, my bedroom and garage included. They ask for services beyond what could be expected for a price of 20 USD a night. Yes. 20 dollars. It is less than I earn when I teach half an hour. And they get clean sheets and towels, biscuits, tea and coffee, breakfast, internet access, private TV, access to kitchen, laundry room and garden. I can even provide bikes. Many ask for directions on how to get there by public transport, how much the fare costs, how to get to Oslo. What to see, what to do. Some even ask me to pick them up from the Airport, without offering to pay for the fuel. It is a 40 minutes drive... I have been tourist guide and offered local treats. It takes a lot of energy and time to be a guide and a good host. And now I am fed up. Last visitors were communicating so poorly that it became very difficult. And. Yes. I know it is a cultural thing, but making sounds and burping when eating is not very nice entertainment. And topping it they started to do laundry at 4 in the morning. Leaving my clean clothes in the dirty bucket used to clean floors. And breaking the machine as a bonus.
And I feel convicted. I am not that loving and forgiving that I thought i was. I want my privacy. I want to have my space. I don't want to have Korean talk shows sounding in my kitchen. And I certainly don't like that someone uses metal in my non stick frying pan. I just want to play worship songs and feel free to sing and pray in tongues. I want to listen in to CC chat rooms. Whenever I feel like it. Even in my PJ's.
What I want is a family! I want my son back! I want a husband by my side..... I want a house filled with love and laughter.
I think what went wrong, was that I left God out of it. From now on, I will not have instant booking on. And i will pray over everyone that wants to stay. If God is not in, I am out. And one day. If the Lord blesses me with a husband, my house will be ours and not invaded by demanding guests.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
I am a social person. I like to work together with people. Both Norwegian and from all over the world. I have more foreign friends than Norwegian is seems. I have Muslim students and I love them. I have Buddhists, atheists, Hindus as guests visiting my home through Airbnb. I can communicate with illiterate Afghan women that has no knowledge of a Western language. I know this. It is my job, my passion, my calling, my hobby, my life. I move in love and respect with all, and I get loved and respected by most of them in return.
To my surprise I have lately become grumpy. I have given my life and house to Jesus. I have prayed that He will send me guests through Airbnb that I can witness to, or have fellowship with. It has brought me out of depression, isolation and loneliness. And people have loved to stay at my house. i am even a "super-host", having more than 90% top-score. People want to come back. And they do.
But my welcoming and loving style also means that people takes advantage, and outstays their welcome. Some invade my privacy. The same people go to rooms that are not meant to be public, my bedroom and garage included. They ask for services beyond what could be expected for a price of 20 USD a night. Yes. 20 dollars. It is less than I earn when I teach half an hour. And they get clean sheets and towels, biscuits, tea and coffee, breakfast, internet access, private TV, access to kitchen, laundry room and garden. I can even provide bikes. Many ask for directions on how to get there by public transport, how much the fare costs, how to get to Oslo. What to see, what to do. Some even ask me to pick them up from the Airport, without offering to pay for the fuel. It is a 40 minutes drive... I have been tourist guide and offered local treats. It takes a lot of energy and time to be a guide and a good host. And now I am fed up. Last visitors were communicating so poorly that it became very difficult. And. Yes. I know it is a cultural thing, but making sounds and burping when eating is not very nice entertainment. And topping it they started to do laundry at 4 in the morning. Leaving my clean clothes in the dirty bucket used to clean floors. And breaking the machine as a bonus.
And I feel convicted. I am not that loving and forgiving that I thought i was. I want my privacy. I want to have my space. I don't want to have Korean talk shows sounding in my kitchen. And I certainly don't like that someone uses metal in my non stick frying pan. I just want to play worship songs and feel free to sing and pray in tongues. I want to listen in to CC chat rooms. Whenever I feel like it. Even in my PJ's.
What I want is a family! I want my son back! I want a husband by my side..... I want a house filled with love and laughter.
I think what went wrong, was that I left God out of it. From now on, I will not have instant booking on. And i will pray over everyone that wants to stay. If God is not in, I am out. And one day. If the Lord blesses me with a husband, my house will be ours and not invaded by demanding guests.