When or why are you sad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
At times it is because I cannot obey the Lord right away, and I rebuke myself.. When sorting thru files, albums and ephemera, i get nostalgic and somewhat teary-eyed seeing how our families/sibs have gone to distant places, and how our own children have grown! Sometimes I realize that I make myself sad by thinking sad thoughts, and while allowing to dwell a while on these, have to change scene or pace to shake off the sad feelings. I also pray.

When or why are you sad? And what do you do about it?

Psa. 42. 5 My soul, why are you so downcast? Why are you groaning inside of me? Hope in God, since I will praise Him again for the salvation that comes from His presence.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
At this time of year the lack of sunshine can leave me a bit tired and sad. I recognize it for what it is and do my best to enjoy any available daylight and try and avoid the call of the chocolate chip cookies (it can be really loud! lol). Physical pain can have sadness as a side effect, or thinking of loved ones who have passed. Sometimes sadness is just something in passing. I am grateful for so many things. I try and balance the sad things with the blessings. I had three pregnancies that didn't make it to term, but then I had a son. I found out later that I'm not able to carry a child. So though there may be sadness, I was given an amazing miracle. I think life is a lot like that. Our lives are a garage sale of emotions so we need to choose the ones in which we will dwell.

M

morefaithrequired

I wouldnt be ashamed of having sad thoughts. People who are constantly cheerful and optimistic can actually be annoying.
I can be prone to melancholia myself. Even my life has been blessed in so many ways.

Oct 7, 2019
I can hear a song from a time when life was better and that will bring tears. I've gotten rid of most objects I didn't need that would remind me too much of my past. As time goes on I realize the sad periods are fewer and farther between, or don't bring the sadness they used to.

I still have times when I cry. Divorce and death are huge life changers and it seems you don't completely get over it. It's ok to cry but not healthy to stay in grief for years either.

M

morefaithrequired

I can hear a song from a time when life was better and that will bring tears. I've gotten rid of most objects I didn't need that would remind me too much of my past. As time goes on I realize the sad periods are fewer and farther between, or don't bring the sadness they used to.

I still have times when I cry. Divorce and death are huge life changers and it seems you don't completely get over it. It's ok to cry but not healthy to stay in grief for years either.
youve suffered i can tell. but it seems to have shaped you into a more human human being.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Jesus Himself was and is a man acquainted with grief! Lazarurs resurrection,the failure of the disciples to understand,watch and pray ect.ect.!
He knows all and is at the ready to give comfort,strength,all that we need. We must simply CAST our cares upon Him to find relief!
I have lost three loved ones in a span of a few months,and yes death,trials and troubles saddened me,but not once has He rebuked me for being human,rather has steadfastly been there every time I turn to Him!
Praises to Him

Feb 28, 2016
PS. 126:5.
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
1PETER 4:12.
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,
as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice, inasmuch as you are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His Glory shall be revealed,
you may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1PETER 4:16.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
For the time is come that judgment must begin at The House of God: and if it first begin at us,
what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?