T
toinena
Guest
Friday the team-leader called and wanted a meeting on Monday, today. He was going to talk about common routines and how we did in our local branch. I listened and was polite, but I was getting more and more angry with him. "That kind of micro-management!", I thought to my self, "It is so typical of him. I rather quit my job than accepting his need of control!" I was so angry and upset, I called my co-worker and told her he was coming. She became upset, too.
Anyway. Monday came, and work was as always. He came, and wanted to talk to the both of us separately. The whole thing is that we haven't stored the documents in the right place on OneDrive. I knew I had to do this, and being the head teacher, I should have made sure things were done properly. It was the truth. I was convicted. And it hurt. I have to be humble about that and do better. I should honor God in my work by doing it properly, not always saying "tomorrow".
I have, or had, a friend online that got offended by me telling him the truth. So offended, he blocked me. And we have not had contact since. It hurts, too. It hurts because I hurt him, it hurts because I lost a good friend and he is hurt by my clumsy way of expressing myself. The truth is not always subjective, and we have to as Christians be humble, forgiving and patient towards each other. It is not always that easy, though. I am afraid it has gone beyond repair.
Truth can also be hardship we are going through. And every time you get reminded of it, it hurts. Like to be reminded that I had to spend yet another birthday alone. Without even a text from my son. No friends coming over. Just work. That is the truth. My life is like that. And boy, it hurts when thinking about it. But then I have to see what really happened. My pupils had bought me flowers, and my evening class came and had brought presents, too. Facebook and messages came with numeral greetings. Hey. My day was wonderful! So what is the truth? My life is miserable because I am single and my son doesn't want any contact or that I have plenty of friends and even a couple of really good ones and the best co-workers and classes God could have blessed me with?
Anyway. Sometimes the truth hurts. But ultimately it sets you free. Now, I am going to pull my self together and put all the files in their right place on OneDrive. Or perhaps it can wait until tomorrow. ;-)
Anyway. Monday came, and work was as always. He came, and wanted to talk to the both of us separately. The whole thing is that we haven't stored the documents in the right place on OneDrive. I knew I had to do this, and being the head teacher, I should have made sure things were done properly. It was the truth. I was convicted. And it hurt. I have to be humble about that and do better. I should honor God in my work by doing it properly, not always saying "tomorrow".
I have, or had, a friend online that got offended by me telling him the truth. So offended, he blocked me. And we have not had contact since. It hurts, too. It hurts because I hurt him, it hurts because I lost a good friend and he is hurt by my clumsy way of expressing myself. The truth is not always subjective, and we have to as Christians be humble, forgiving and patient towards each other. It is not always that easy, though. I am afraid it has gone beyond repair.
Truth can also be hardship we are going through. And every time you get reminded of it, it hurts. Like to be reminded that I had to spend yet another birthday alone. Without even a text from my son. No friends coming over. Just work. That is the truth. My life is like that. And boy, it hurts when thinking about it. But then I have to see what really happened. My pupils had bought me flowers, and my evening class came and had brought presents, too. Facebook and messages came with numeral greetings. Hey. My day was wonderful! So what is the truth? My life is miserable because I am single and my son doesn't want any contact or that I have plenty of friends and even a couple of really good ones and the best co-workers and classes God could have blessed me with?
Anyway. Sometimes the truth hurts. But ultimately it sets you free. Now, I am going to pull my self together and put all the files in their right place on OneDrive. Or perhaps it can wait until tomorrow. ;-)