when to start dating?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Luke_9266

New member
Jul 29, 2026
4
0
1
what do u guys think? I think it depends on maturity (kinda like baptism). should we just not date? I would love to hear thoughts.
 
depends once you finished your studies and worked a little so life with your children isnt too hard for them
 
what do u guys think? I think it depends on maturity (kinda like baptism). should we just not date? I would love to hear thoughts.
Depends, if it's for marriage, wait until you have a stable income and are done w/ school. If it's not, (or could be but not officially) then wait until you are both emotionally mature. I've seen too many good guys (and young women) disappear inside after a relationship, ending in either emotional fallout or suicide in many cases.
 
what do u guys think? I think it depends on maturity (kinda like baptism). should we just not date? I would love to hear thoughts.
I think dating comes with great responsibility; it should aim toward marriage through commitment, and both of you should be equally yoked with God at the center of your relationship. Dating while not being equally yoked leads to a disruption of what you are meant to achieve; it is God's timing. When you have achieved a steady and consistent relationship with God, the relationship you so wished for will be presented to you. When you think waiting for his timing involves too much, think of God shaping you to become the best version of yourself for your loved one!