When was Creation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

When was Creation?

• about 6,000 years ago

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • millions of years ago

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Jun 10, 2019
A
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

I believe the 6 days of creation are 6 literal days, 24 hour periods, and the 7th day is a literal day to represent our 7 day week.

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

For every day it states the evening and the morning.

Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Also if people are trying to justify a long period because they believe in evolution everything was made after their kind and not an evolutionary process, which God created everything in their mature form and they reproduced from there.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God created Adam and Eve in His image, which could not be an evolutionary process, and they were made of the dust of the earth as all the other creatures.

Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Adam and Eve and all the creatures were made from the dust of the earth, after their kind, and not an evolutionary process.

Luk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

God understands the workings of physical matter, and can form anything He wants with it right away, and is an omnipresent Spirit.

God can create fast for He does not have to move from place to place for He is already there, and can create things simultaneously, and by the time it takes Him to make one bird He made them all along with all the fish in the sea, and the time it takes Him to make one star He made them all.

Also why would God use evolution, or take many years to make things, when He can create things fast, and in their mature form, and His purpose is to have fellowship with people not to take many years to get to that point whether evolution or not.

I believe it is a literal 6 days for the evening and the morning was a certain day in creation.

If the earth is older than that then there was a creation before this one of beings that God did away with that creation, but with this creation it is 6 days.

Evolution will be standard religion in the future when the nations come together as they will believe that they are still evolving to be greater and spiritual so they will want people to embrace evolution, and look at the Bible that way.

Why do you think they took prayer out of school in America and taught evolution, and science goes along with it, but they are telling outlandish things to support it and make it out that the Bible account of creation surely cannot be right.

This dinosaur lived at that time, and that star is that far away, and the earth is this billions of years old, and the big bang happened this many years ago, and the first galaxy was formed this many years ago, and the Hubble telescope can see more than 13 billion light years away.

I believe they are making it up so that people cannot deny that it is true, and the Bible must be wrong.

They do not want to believe in a God, and believe evolution, but they are trying to make it out that evolution is certainly true, and no personal God by their outlandish claims to make it even more convincing among many.

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.
just because someone believe in a longer period doesn’t mean they believe in today’s evolution theory.

before the creation of the modern clock, people really had a hard knowing daybreak and sunset the period when there’s light but no visible sun, sun dial etc don’t work in that 18 minutes of evening and morning when there’s no visible sun.

I believe the whole universe is still in God’s exhale of his breath.

Jun 10, 2019
If anyone went back 5000 yrs surely you be laughed at for saying a day is 24 hours long, because they wouldn’t of had a clue of what minutes and seconds are

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If anyone went back 5000 yrs surely you be laughed at for saying a day is 24 hours long, because they wouldn’t of had a clue of what minutes and seconds are
Days are longer or shorter depending on when sun rises and sets. And it differs from where you are in the world. You can only have 24 hour days in antarctica or the arctic circle.

Jun 10, 2019
Days are longer or shorter depending on when sun rises and sets. And it differs from where you are in the world. You can only have 24 hour days in antarctica or the arctic circle.
Actually i think it’s the amount of day light that changes in those places

Chester

May 23, 2016
EXODUS 20 -- THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

This makes it crystal clear that there was no creation millions of years ago. The Year of Man (Anno Hominis) began the day Adam was created.
Amen, you got it there - Genesis is a literal account that gives Creation in six days. It was not millions of years ago. The 6000 years could be debatable and might be a bit more or less depending on how you interpret some genealogies, etc., but it was not millions of years ago.

Sep 14, 2019
When was Creation? Defend your answer....
My position is that there were at least two creations. The first one was God's creation and the second one was the LORD God's creation. God's creation was a physical creation and the LORD God's creation was a spiritual creation which is super imposed over the physical creation. We see this being alluded to in Revelation 3:14

To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. -Rev 3:14

I think God's creation follows closely with Hugh Ross's interpretation "Creation and Time" and as to when the beginning was it follows the accepted date of the big bang. On the other hand the LORD God's creation relates to the spiritual authority setup in creation starting with nature up through and including the angels but started sometime after the big bang. We don't always know when we are interacting with the physical or spiritual creation because they are intertwined together and look very much like each other. This short video shows aspects of creation that demonstrates the "Day of God" from beginning to end

http://mobilelaz.com/judgmentday/creation.mp4

http://mobilelaz.com/judgmentday/creationdays.png

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Looks like you are inadvertently removing the [ / quote ] that encloses the post being quoted, or possibly starting inside the quote before the [ / quote] resulting in your comment being enclosed with the comment of the person you are quoting. But I know what you mean, either I have to deal with overtyping or screen shift, or something but it makes it a real hassle to post.
You know that makes total sense. I use the back button a lot and I bet I go past and don't notice it. Thank you for the response. Hopefully the last apology on this problem.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
My position is that there were at least two creations. The first one was God's creation and the second one was the LORD God's creation.
That is totally incorrect. There is only one creation, with chapter 1 giving us an overview and chapter 2 focusing on Adam, Eve, and the Garden of Eden.

What we see in chapter 2 of Genesis is that God begins dealing with mankind and therefore He is called "the LORD God" (Yahweh Elohim) instead of simply God (Elohim). "The LORD God" denotes a personal relationship with Adam and Eve. And we know that the LORD God came to Eden to have fellowship with His creatures.

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. (Gen 3:8)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The people that keep thinking God took millions of years to create the universe puzzle me. GOd can do anything, unless they just think He was reallly sloooooooow. I know I'll just make this mountain. And take millions of years to do it by adding 1mm of soil each year.

Yea right I dont believe that either.

Sep 14, 2019
That is totally incorrect. There is only one creation, with chapter 1 giving us an overview and chapter 2 focusing on Adam, Eve, and the Garden of Eden.

What we see in chapter 2 of Genesis is that God begins dealing with mankind and therefore He is called "the LORD God" (Yahweh Elohim) instead of simply God (Elohim). "The LORD God" denotes a personal relationship with Adam and Eve. And we know that the LORD God came to Eden to have fellowship with His creatures.

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. (Gen 3:8)
why does Yahweh and Elohim have to be the same being just different names? Why can't Yahweh be one of the 7 spirits of God spoken of in Revelation and Elohim be all 7 of those beings and the name of Yahweh is God Almighty.

Jun 10, 2019
The people that keep thinking God took millions of years to create the universe puzzle me. GOd can do anything, unless they just think He was reallly sloooooooow. I know I'll just make this mountain. And take millions of years to do it by adding 1mm of soil each year.

Yea right I dont believe that either.
Yea I could see it, who would do anything fast or quick, if you lived a infinite life. much joy in watching a blade of grass grow

Jun 10, 2019
Why was man so careless to loose 9+ books lost to time mentioned in the Bible, why did man feel a need to create chapter titles and verse numbering, why are the four gospels not in order, why did someone feel a need to separate three sayings in genesis 1 and there was evening and morning just three the others are not separated into a single verse.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
If not mistaken I think their longest day is 23 hours 56 minutes, that is if you use the rotation of the earth on its axis as your basis of time. :sneaky:

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Why was man so careless to loose 9+ books lost to time mentioned in the Bible, why did man feel a need to create chapter titles and verse numbering, why are the four gospels not in order, why did someone feel a need to separate three sayings in genesis 1 and there was evening and morning just three the others are not separated into a single verse.
Maybe the Bible is evolving, I know it sure is changing in those copyrighted ones.

Jun 10, 2019
Maybe the Bible is evolving, I know it sure is changing in those copyrighted ones.
Humorous but that is a good point I’ve read none that read exactly the same, some are in a whole another realm lol.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Humorous but that is a good point I’ve read none that read exactly the same, some are in a whole another realm lol.
It was said tongue in cheek, and evolving isn't a bad thing, but evolution of species isn't evolving, that's just a creative imagination.

Jun 10, 2019
It was said tongue in cheek, and evolving isn't a bad thing, but evolution of species isn't evolving, that's just a creative imagination.
I can only say this Nothing happens without God knowing it, :)

Jun 10, 2019
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

who’s seed is in itself hmm interesting

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If not mistaken I think their longest day is 23 hours 56 minutes, that is if you use the rotation of the earth on its axis as your basis of time. :sneaky:
So they have four minutes night. Thats about right.
I think God could create a mountain in a few seconds myself. Volcanoes have sprung up in recent times to make mountains in just a few days. GOd could easily split the earth to create the grand canyon. It wouldnt take Him a million years to do it. So, not sure where the geologists are getting their info from.
That would be like saying Noahs flood took a million years to recede. Um no. niagara falls doesnt take years to flow over the edge of canada.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
I do not know... The Bible does not define how long the duration of each of the 6 days of creation where.. And we know that a Day to the LORD has no relation to a earth 24 hour day..

2 Peter 3: KJV
8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Note the first 24 hour day.. Earth day did not come into existence until the 4th Day of Creation..

Genesis 1: KJV
16 "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. {17} And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, {18} And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. {19} And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.