Where are the sun, moon, and stars?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
In the Bible, the same English word can have different meanings depending on the context.

The classic word discussed here is the word "heaven"

Gen 1:20 heaven is where birds fly, that is the sky we see above us, the first heaven.

Isaiah 13:10 talks about the stars of heaven, so there is where the Sun is located, the 2nd heaven.

And of course, the one that many dispensationalists would know of, Paul talks about being caught up in the 3rd heaven (2 Cor 12:2-4)

Yes the 3rd. The unseen holy place of faith, The hidden glory of God.

Caught up in a vision using the things seen the temporal enlightening the eyes of our new hearts with that not seen (faith)

The place found when the 2/20 prescription is applied .

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, ( the first and second heaven) but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal;( the first and second heaven) but the things which are not seen are eternal.

E

eternally-gratefull

Exactly - I did not mean liquid mud.

Sorry - I guess I thought folks would understand that.

I believe the flood no-doubt changed the landscape quite a bit.

The folds would have been produced by a horizontal "push" against it while it was still soft - and then later becoming hardened that way.
Thank you i agree

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
From a spiritual-realm perspective, the reason videos like the one in post #103 exist is to "throw you off" of/from the truth - by reinforcing the lies you have been taught all of your life.

And, if you are inclined to be "sucked in" to stuff like that - and, believe it (accept it) just because some [scientific] 'authority' says it - then, that is clue #1 as to why you cannot see-and-understand what the Bible says about subject matter such as what this thread is all about.

If you really-and-truly want to know the truth of the Bible with regard to something -- you absolutely MUST learn how to "suspend" all that you think you know about that something while you are studying to determine what the Bible is actually telling you about that something.

You absolutely MUST learn how to wrap your life knowledge and experience around what the Bible actually says - NOT the other way around.

Jun 10, 2019
From a spiritual-realm perspective, the reason videos like the one in post #103 exist is to "throw you off" of/from the truth - by reinforcing the lies you have been taught all of your life.

And, if you are inclined to be "sucked in" to stuff like that - and, believe it (accept it) just because some [scientific] 'authority' says it - then, that is clue #1 as to why you cannot see-and-understand what the Bible says about subject matter such as what this thread is all about.

If you really-and-truly want to know the truth of the Bible with regard to something -- you absolutely MUST learn how to "suspend" all that you think you know about that something while you are studying to determine what the Bible is actually telling you about that something.

You absolutely MUST learn how to wrap your life knowledge and experience around what the Bible actually says - NOT the other way around.
Thanks I have. :)

Buy a telescope check it out yourself. Universe is amazing

Nov 23, 2013

I don’t understand what difference it makes whether the earth is flat or round. Who cares which way it is, it doesn’t affect me in any way.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
In other words, you MUST learn how to keep the Bible as/at the CORE of your belief system so/such that you never allow yourself to wrap what the Bible says around anything that Satan's World tells you. Because, [virtually] everything that Satan's World tells you is a lie!

Remember this!

Jun 10, 2019
I don’t understand what difference it makes whether the earth is flat or round. Who cares which way it is, it doesn’t affect me in any way.
I agree and looking beyond earth and much more interesting.

Jun 10, 2019
In other words, you MUST learn how to keep the Bible as/at the CORE of your belief system so/such that you never allow yourself to wrap what the Bible says around anything that Satan's World tells you. Because, [virtually] everything that Satan's World tells you is a lie!

Remember this!
Yea your using a computer on the internet can I trust what your saying?

Jun 10, 2019
I remember seeing Haley’s comet in 86 quite the eye opener.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

I think all who read this thread probably would agree to just how wonderful the 'handywork' of God is (after all, it can be clearly seen with the [discerning] naked eye); however, those who are convinced that what they are seeing can't possibly be a-whole-lot-closer than what they have been told by the "authorities" - I don't think they understand just how truly wonderful it really is...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I am not asking you to [blindly] trust what I am saying --- I am suggesting that you trust what the Bible is actually saying - not allowing it to be overrun by the lies of Satan that are in the world - that we have all been fed since birth.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
You don't think it matters what the real truth is - about God, Satan, man, the Earth, and the world?

You don't think it matters whether or not people know that real truth?

If you ever attain to believing what the Bible says about the true nature of the earth --- you will know --- it makes all the difference in the world!

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Yes - I found this to be funny - I am not without a sense of humor.

However, it also makes insult of the intended seriousness of what you quoted from my post.

That is not funny.

But - if I had any "quick wit" today, I might have come back with something like:

"Yes - not every computer on the internet lies..."

or

"No - I guess not. But, since you are using a computer on the internet - and, we know that all computers on the internet lie - neither of us can be trusted..."

;)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
So -- where are the sun, moon, and stars?

Genesis 1:14-18 says they are in the 'firmament'.

What is the 'firmament'?

Genesis 1:6-10,20 describes it as an open expanse that separates the waters above it from the waters below it - and that birds may fly above the earth in it.

Keep in mind that, before the separation, the waters were all one. (i.e. - all of the 'waters' came from the same original "pool" of water)

Do you really think it makes sense that there is a layer of water around the entire 'universe'?

How thick is it?

(That sure is a whole-lotta water to surround the entire 'universe'. It must be a REALLY thin layer of water.)

What would be the purpose of that layer such that God would make sure we knew it was there?

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
BTW - a whole study can be made [just] on the actual meaning of the Hebrew words translated into words like 'above' and 'below' - that would show you that - in the context of Genesis 1 - the words simply don't allow for an expanse "in every direction" - surrounding a ball earth and going out in all directions - as large as the 'universe' we were all taught.

In the context of Genesis 1, the ['directional' component of the] word 'above' means something more like "upwards from" rather than "out in all directions from"...

UP is UP.

Jun 10, 2019
Yes - I found this to be funny - I am not without a sense of humor.

However, it also makes insult of the intended seriousness of what you quoted from my post.

That is not funny.

But - if I had any "quick wit" today, I might have come back with something like:

"Yes - not every computer on the internet lies..."

or

"No - I guess not. But, since you are using a computer on the internet - and, we know that all computers on the internet lie - neither of us can be trusted..."

;)
I hear ya, just as equally though I mentioned having a telescope, you seem to kind of avoid that question.
a telescope isn’t fake you can look at a street sign far away and then go up to and read it with your own eyes. if you point the telescope to the other planets in our solar system and see the surface, rings, moons etc. you know some shining objects in the sky are planets others are suns, and glowing clouds of dust and galaxies.

that’s an insult to think there is some kind of dome not far from earth that all the stars are in. The universe may have a dome but that’s beyond our comprehension.

Like the internet what I’m typing is from me my thoughts of it I’m relaying that over a computer, glad you have a sense of humor.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I hear ya, just as equally though I mentioned having a telescope, you seem to kind of avoid that question.
Nope. You are just being impatient. :p

Go examine the timestamps of the related posts and "do the math"...

Also - I don't always get my posts written as fast as other people do.

:)

EDIT: And - today - I have been dealing with a headache and a toothache - while trying to get some laundry done, etc.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
a telescope isn’t fake you can look at a street sign far away and then go up to and read it with your own eyes. if you point the telescope to the other planets in our solar system and see the surface, rings, moons etc. you know some shining objects in the sky are planets others are suns, and glowing clouds of dust and galaxies.
I am not against using a telescope. I hope that one day I will use one for flat earth research.

Why can't you even imagine that what you are looking at could be thousands of miles away instead of millions or billions...?

that’s an insult to think there is some kind of dome not far from earth that all the stars are in.
You don't want to believe it because you have already accepted that "stars" are "suns" that are huge in size, etc.