Where Does Sin Come From?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
God created the tree of good and evil. Get knew they were going to sin.
But HE didnt TEMPT tgem NOR did He cause them to sin..lol. God WARNED them...heres a question if God caused adam and Eve to sin..why would He warn them not to? Does God contradict himself?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I always wonder if there is no sin in heaven how was lucifer able to sin?
Lucifer wasnt given that name until he was cast from heaven n im thinking that God made angels as he did us..with free will..i think it said there was 1/3 of tge heavely hosts that were cast out of heaven with satan..i could e wrong..arent able to research it right now...

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I'm not arguing with you at all.
I was using the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method I used in electronics and software. Your version rambled around so I was just restating it more clearly.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Correction. It was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Knowledge of not Evil. Try quoting it correctly!!
SOMEBODY is crabby today..maybe ut depends on biblical version youre using? Lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Correction. It was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Knowledge of not Evil. Try quoting it correctly!!
Guess we're BOTH right..lol

"In the Book of Genesis, the tree of life is first described in chapter 2, verse 9 as being "in the midst of the Garden of Eden" with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Hebrew: עֵץ הַדַּעַת‬)."

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
"Genesis 2:9-17 New International Version (NIV)

"9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

Heres a question for you..are the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good n evil the SAME tree or seperate ones according to this scripture?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
"Genesis 2:9-17 New International Version (NIV)

"9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

Heres a question for you..are the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good n evil the SAME tree or seperate ones according to this scripture?
ROFL
Does the word and mean anything to you?

Feb 5, 2015
ROFL
Does the word and mean anything to you?
There are some people who claims that the Tree of Life is Jesus and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is Satan. Then they go as far as to say that the Serpent had sex with Eve within the space of 24 hours. These people claims to have received Revelation from God. They believe that it was not a literal a fruit, but sex. Sounds like we have a problem here, right. If the fruit of the tree was sex, i.e. if Eve had sex with the Tree of Knowledge which is Stan according to them, then what was the fruit of the Tree of Life. Are we then to believe that Eve would have had sex with the Tree of Life?

I believe the Bible as it is. It was literal trees and it was literal fruit. I wouldn't try to guess what fruit it was coz the Bible doesn't tell us.
But it is interesting though that they should have covered them with fig leaves above all other leaves.
Man always wants to cover himself with his wrong, what he is guilty of, hide behind it.

Now if we look in Revelation, that Tree of Life makes its appearance in the Paradise of the Most High.
But nowhere do we read anything of a Tree of Knowledge in the life hereafter.
And just why is that.
If Jesus was the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, why would a physical tree makes its appearance yielding up 12 kinds of fruit?
I do understand that we living in the age of the Holy Spirit and that things needs to be descerned spiritually.
But if we spiritualize everything, we gonna loose the real meaning of Scripture, and if we take everything litteral we'll loose the true spiritual meaning of the Word.

It was definitely 2 litteral trees having literal fruit. How come we are given a chance to eat of the Tree of Life since we already have received eternal life from the Creator of the Tree of Life.
What happened to the Garden of Eden after man was cast and especially the Tree of Life just vanished

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
There are some people who claims that the Tree of Life is Jesus and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is Satan. Then they go as far as to say that the Serpent had sex with Eve within the space of 24 hours. These people claims to have received Revelation from God. They believe that it was not a literal a fruit, but sex. Sounds like we have a problem here, right. If the fruit of the tree was sex, i.e. if Eve had sex with the Tree of Knowledge which is Stan according to them, then what was the fruit of the Tree of Life. Are we then to believe that Eve would have had sex with the Tree of Life?

I believe the Bible as it is. It was literal trees and it was literal fruit. I wouldn't try to guess what fruit it was coz the Bible doesn't tell us.
But it is interesting though that they should have covered them with fig leaves above all other leaves.
Man always wants to cover himself with his wrong, what he is guilty of, hide behind it.

Now if we look in Revelation, that Tree of Life makes its appearance in the Paradise of the Most High.
And just why is that.
If Jesus was the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, why would a physical tree makes its appearance yielding up 12 kinds of fruit?
I do understand that we living in the age of the Holy Spirit and that things needs to be descerned spiritually.
But if we spiritualize everything, we gonna loose the real meaning of Scripture, and if we take everything litteral we'll loose the true spiritual meaning of the Word.

It was definitely 2 litteral trees having literal fruit. How come we are given a chance to eat of the Tree of Life since we already have received eternal life from the Creator of the Tree of Life.
What happened to the Garden of Eden after man was cast and especially the Tree of Life just vanished
Hmmm..good question..but i like your way of edplaining things :)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

And just why is that.

Off hand i just remember 2 angels guarded the enterence to the garden so they couldnt go back in..flaming swords?

Feb 5, 2015
Off hand i just remember 2 angels guarded the enterence to the garden so they couldnt go back in..flaming swords?
Now just listen to you quoting that Scripture. Thanks. If Jesus should have been the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, why would God fear, (though not in the sense of God is afraid like us), "lest they should eat of the Tree of Life also".
Seriously, does Jesus needs protection from mortal man?
Was He so helpless that He could not protect Himself from man eating Him but needed 2 cherubim to protect Him.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Now just listen to you quoting that Scripture. Thanks. If Jesus should have been the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, why would God fear, (though not in the sense of God is afraid like us), "lest they should eat of the Tree of Life also".
Was He so helpless that He could not protect Himself from man eating Him but needed 2 cherubim to protect Him.
Nope..the only "eating or drinking" of him reference i remember is the last supper..his body his blood etc..

Feb 5, 2015
Was He so helpless that He could not protect Himself from man eating Him but needed 2 cherubim to protect

That brings me to another thing, Why did God had a Salvation Plan for man and not the Fallen angels.
The answer is right there in the Scripture you quoted. Man wasn't created with eternal life.
The angels were. So when they sinned, they became eternal sinners, and how do you save an eternal sinner.
That is why the Most High said "lest they eat of the Tree of Life also and LIVE FOREVER (becoming eternal sinners like the fallen ones

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Was He so helpless that He could not protect Himself from man eating Him but needed 2 cherubim to protect

That brings me to another thing, Why did God had a Salvation Plan for man and not the Fallen angels.
The answer is right there in the Scripture you quoted. Man wasn't created with eternal life.
The angels were. So when they sinned, they became eternal sinners, and how do you save an eternal sinner.
That is why the Most High said "lest they eat of the Tree of Life also and LIVE FOREVER (becoming eternal sinners like the fallen ones
I think weve lost the crowd G..lol but again..good insight...btw curiosity question..how old were you when saved?

Feb 5, 2015
Nope..the only "eating or drinking" of him reference i remember is the last supper..his body his blood etc..
True. But that's spiritually right. We're not cannibals. But what they ate in the Garden was literal not spiritual.
I think weve lost the crowd G..lol but again..good insight...btw curiosity question..how old were you when saved?
14 yrs. From my youth I've been into the Word 27/7 and am still going strong in the Word. Its my life my everything

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
True. But that's spiritually right. We're not cannibals. But what they ate in the Garden was literal not spiritual.

14 yrs. From my youth I've been into the Word 27/7 and am still going strong in the Word. Its my life my everything
Yes i agree on the literal thing..are you a pastor?