Where is God when it hurts?

• Thread starter sleepingmonkey09
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sleepingmonkey09

The question that many people seem to ask but dont always get the answer .. is "where is GOd when it hurts?" When a person is hurting so bad and has no one where else to turn to.. what do you tell them??

S

snowangel

"Where is God when it hurts?"<< that He's still with you....
Remind yourself of one great truth: hard experiences will

pass away. They will yeild. They can be changed. So just
hold on, with God’s help.

I am for you.
I love you.
I believe in you.
I will not fail you.
I will be with you.
I will provide for you.
I will bless you.
I will give you rest.
I will strengthen you.
I will answer you.
Those are ten things that God wants you to remember....
the list is by Roy Lessin

"When a person is hurting so bad and has no one where else to turn to.. what do you tell them??" <<listen to them, try to help...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Sleepingmonkey:

This is an excellent question that we all ask at times. I know that one thing that's helped for me has been reading books by the Christian author Philip Yancey. His titles include, "Disappointment with God", and "Where is God When it Hurts?" Some of these questions seem to have no "solid" answer (as in, one that will act like a magic wand and make the pain go away), but Philip Yancey makes some excellent points and asks the questions everyone wants to ask but is afraid to speak before God.

I know with all your studies, you may not have time to read more books :) but if you get a chance, I know these two in particular were very helpful to me in my own struggle to find God during the worst of times.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I often say that you cannot see God because he is carrying you. One of my favoret scriptures is revalations7;17[and he will wipe every tear from their eyes] I have often asked myself when I question where is, instead how do I know that the pain I am suffering would not be ten times greater if God Our Father were not with me? How often in our sorrows do we miss alot of what is around us because we are blinded by what we are going through? God bless, pickles

cate

Apr 26, 2009
The question that many people seem to ask but dont always get the answer .. is "where is GOd when it hurts?" When a person is hurting so bad and has no one where else to turn to.. what do you tell them??

One may not see God when you are hurting but i believe He is always there though we cannot see Him.Someone told me when i was going through a trying time that never to forget that God loves me and cares for me this kept me going and i believe can work for everyone.

Anther thing thing is be ware this is the time the enemy brings condemnation so that you may feel that you have done something wrong and that why one being punished this not true it is a lie from the devil.

MANY ARE THE AFFLICTION OF THE RIGHTIOUS BUT THEY WILL OVER COME THEM ALL.

J

Jared_Jared

I grew up with something my mother and father always told me, and it's never steered me wrong. As many believe, I believe that God has a plan for us all, and that He is always around for us. My mother and father used to say that God would never put anything in your path, that you couldn't handle. Whether it be through family, friends, or faith. I personally believe this to be true. God knows we have the strength to overcome any obstacle that is thrown at us, if we just believe in Him, and put all our trust into Him.

N

NoahsMom

Right where ya left him.................

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
There is a song that explains this called Be Greatful. A vers says God can't always give us sunshine but must allow some rain to fall. If life was all sunshine there would be no growth nor dependence on Him. Troubled times in our lives build chatacte, it also give us more dependence on God as christans. yet as we know there are some that go through more than others. We so often see some one and say how anointed they are and blessed they are. But we don't know thier story but see thier glory. To whom much is given much is required.

D

DaveScotland

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Carolyn Carty, 1963

Though a very Cliched response, pain is good for us, Times of suffering help us grow and even though God is there walking beside you holding your hand it will still be incredibly difficult. A great comfort to me is that God knows whats best for me and no matter what we as Christians go through and how hard things get for us, God will never send anything we cant handle

A

andrew4

When someone hurts, we must be as the Lord to them, i.e. showing his Love, Care, and Support. This is our call as Christians. Remember our Lord's words:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was hungry, and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in:
Naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.

Sometimes when a person is hurting, it is not a scripture or verse they need, but the Love of Christ through Us.

W

wwjd_kilden

"Hear my cry O God, attend to my prayer
From the end of the earth I cry to you
When my heart is overwhelmed
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I"

this one isn't from the bible, but it is biblical nonetheless:

"When we cry alone, we don't notice angels' hands on our shoulders, but they are there!"