Where is God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Peggusu
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Peggusu

Guest
My daughter, age 44, left her husband, and two teenage children. She lives nearby in an apt. but of course, doesn't see my grandchildren very much. She was always a wonderful mother but no longer loved her husband because he was emotionally abusive. I am absolutely devastated and cry all the time. I have prayed and begged God for help but nothing changes.....it has been a year and now she is dating men! Where is God? I don't feel He cares or listens at all. I am sick physically and emotionally over her behaviour. How can anyone leave their kids and a beautiful home? This has consumed me and I cannot sleep, have lost weight and am unable to enjoy life anymore. Please, God, send her back home to her children...they still need a full-time mother. Where are you, God?
 
You ,your daughter , and her family are in my daily prayers in Jesus for a whole healing.
God bless you and all in your life.
pickles
 
I do appreciate your prayers but I am bewildered by the silence from above.....
 
Just because it is silent doesn't mean God isn't listening. Continue to storm the gates of heaven and cry out to God. He will hear your cries. satan tells you it is of no use. Don't listen to the voice of satan. Continue to pray to God and Jesus for your daughter and those children. Also ask for great Holy Spirit conviction to fall upon the father who was abusive to her and caused her to leave him as a result.
 
NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE WONDERFUL LOVE OF GOD.

Dear Friend,
How depressing and emotionally exhausting to be going through a time like this. God never promised that the Christian life would be easy but He DID promise that He would NEVER leave us or forsake us. His presence is always around us. There is a great song I listen to almost everyday.

♫You may feel down and feel like God, has somehow forgotten. You are faced with circumstances that you can't through.♪
♪Right now it seems, there's no way out, and you're going under. But God's proven time and time again, He'll take care of you!!♫

The song goes on to say that He led Moses through the Red Sea. He helped David slay Goliath. He took Daniel out of the lions den. His son was cruicifed, buried, and rose again!! There are sooo may miracles that the Lord has done. And He still will. Even in the valley, God is good. Cling to Him. Dont let go of your faith, although right now it seems hopeless. Because someday, you'll get through this and look back on it. This is a make it or break it kinda situation. You can become a stronger Christian and grow closer to God because of this. Each trial we go through, will make us stronger. Strength is a product of struggle.

Love in Christ and Prayers for You,
~Logan~
 
I am praying for you, your daughter and her family. My mother has been the same way, always worrying about me, and my two brothers. We have put her threw a lot in the past. My oldest brother has tried to commit suicide, cause he was an alcoholic, and my younger brother is gay. I also have made her worry a lot about me. Me and my brothers do have problems, and when we confide in her, she worrys so much, it makes her sick. She says she has lost a lot of weight latley, and she can't sleep at night. I feel so bad about us affecting her in that way. She lives in michigan, so far away from me and my oldest brother. I don't want her to worry about us, but she does way too much. Continue to pray for your daughter. Don't give up on God. Your friend in Christ. Anne.
 
Dear Sister, I know how you feel, my daughter did the same thing. All you can do it keep her in your prayers. I pray God lays His hands upon you and heals you, comforts and provides for you, grants you peace, tranquility and joy, I pray that He convicts your daughter in conscience and leads her back to Him, her children and you, in Jesus name
Amen

Love in Jesus
brother Gary
My daughter, age 44, left her husband, and two teenage children. She lives nearby in an apt. but of course, doesn't see my grandchildren very much. She was always a wonderful mother but no longer loved her husband because he was emotionally abusive. I am absolutely devastated and cry all the time. I have prayed and begged God for help but nothing changes.....it has been a year and now she is dating men! Where is God? I don't feel He cares or listens at all. I am sick physically and emotionally over her behaviour. How can anyone leave their kids and a beautiful home? This has consumed me and I cannot sleep, have lost weight and am unable to enjoy life anymore. Please, God, send her back home to her children...they still need a full-time mother. Where are you, God?
 
All I can say is keep James 1:2-4 in your heart and mind and life will always be less miserable. I'm speaking from experience.

Think of this verse as building muscle. You can't build muscle unless you're pushing your body to it's extreme limits. You work yourself as hard as you physically can. This is what God is doing. You can't grow spiritually mature unless you're getting pushed to the edge expanding your spirituality and faithfulness.
 
Like others have said, its not that God is silent, He is working in all in this.
Sometimes we do not hear because we only listen for what we want to hear.
Sometimes it simply that we are so greived and in sorrow, that our own cries make it so we cannot hear God Our Father.
You said your daughter was emotionally abused, it takes time for one to recover from this, and if they do not have the help and suppoert they need, they often keep running away in their life.
There are so many possibuilities, that is why we pray, why you pray, so that in Jesus, the persons life can be healed.
Wether it is restoration, or simply the streangth to keep going, trust in God Our Fathers understanding in everything.
He knows so much more than we can, and His work is far better, it is perfect.
Scripture says, present your requests before God with praise and thanksgiving.
I can tell you from learning this myself, this is truelly how we should pray, it is in this that all works to Gods glory, and puts His pwoer in your life.
God Our Father wants all to be good and loves you and your family, sometimes the good takes time, so trust in His understanding.
I continue to keep you, your daughter and family in prayer in Jesus.
Hugs and God bless.
pickles
 
Peggusu...
I'm praying and In agreement with what has been said...

My Grandmother probably thought, at times, that God wasn't listening to her either...about her daughter (my mom) or me...But He Was!!! And In His Time and Because She Never Gave Up...My my...I Have New Life In Him Now!!! Oh It Was A Journey and Still Is...Had to put alot of stuff (in my testimony) and live through alot of stuff so I could give HIM all the Glory For Saving Me!!! Now I have a testimony!!! Just Thanking God Everyday That I Did Live Through It...But I Can Tell You...He Had Alot To Do In Me...And Everything To Do With Me Living Through It All...Now I Stand Before You Changed...A Living Testimony That Our God Is Real and Changes Lives Through Prayer...She Never Harped On Me Ever Ever...She Just Loved Me, Was My Best Friend and Prayed!!! That's What She Did...

O Father, I Come Before You Showing Hope That Only You Can Give...For In You Is Our Hope...For In You Is The Way...For In You Is The Truth...I Come To You Now...Lifting Peggusu To You...Asking For Strength...Perserverance...Stedfastness...Comfort...Hope...Peace and Love Like She's Never Known Before...Thank You For Others That Pray For Us...We Need You Lord...And The Only Way To Communicate To You Is Prayer...I Pray Holy Protection For Peggusu's Daughter...That You, Lord, Lead And Guide Her Into All Truth...In The Name of Jesus...I Pray...