Where to meet single men

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
The best places to meet a prospective mate are the places you frequent the most: church, book club or book store, library, flea markets, coffee houses, health food store, yoga or exercise classes, gym, science museums, art galleries, hobby stores, fishing at the lake, plant nursery, ballroom dancing, the zoo, local plays or vintage movie houses, rodeos, art classes, public park, outside cafes, ice cream parlor, auctions, antique shop, hiking groups, bird watching clubs, comedy clubs, auto shows, auto parts stores, public poetry readings, music festivals & outdoor concerts, fresh produce market, etc., etc. Just look in your local newspaper or city website to find what activities are scheduled.

There are people all around you literally every place you go. The trick is: YA GOTTA TALK TO PEOPLE! :rolleyes:

Don't let shyness or insecurity stop you. If ya wanna meet someone, ya gotta get over yourself and be friendly to others.

Stop wasting time fretting and just put yourself out there and make friends along the way. You have ZERO CHANCE of meeting anyone if you don’t befriend and talk to others.

Also: You're more likely to meet someone right there in your town than you will online. :eek:

View attachment 181672
This spoke to me sister. Thanks:)

Apr 20, 2018
There is no specific place meant for meeting good Christian men.You may meet one in a train, fellowships,restaurants, where ever.Be patient it's worth waiting than meeting scummers.

egeiro

Mar 17, 2015
I'm part of a large church in the heart of the city which I drive 45 minutes to to attend Tuesday night prayer meetings, Friday night services and Sunday services. I go to Young adult camps and after church outings, spontaneous friend hangs and am part of the worship team.

I met single men, was pursued by them, rejected all of them.

No. I had to meet my now husband at boot camp, thought he was a snob for months, took interest when my brother started taking him to church, then lead him in to prayer and baptised him myself.

I honestly never saw this path for me, I was out looking for some youth pastor with a heart for mission trips or something, but heck, I'm so glad I married the man I did because he is far better and beyond what I could imagine for myself.

So my answer is boot camp. Go to boot camp, guys. There's like some current holy anointing on sweaty men exercising in parks.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
On CC :eek: and some of them are on this thread :eek:

I am not saying this is a dating site I am just saying there are good single christian men on CC :D
I'd stay away from that guy named Tommy. He is one bad dude.
Yeah and that Lynx dude will bore you to tears with computer talk or music talk. Don't even get me started on the songs! Everything you say will remind him of a song. :rolleyes:

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I'd stay away from that guy named Tommy. He is one bad dude.
Yeah and that Lynx dude will bore you to tears with computer talk or music talk. Don't even get me started on the songs! Everything you say will remind him of a song. :rolleyes:
Two for the price of one.

How could ANY woman refuse! :p

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Peace be with you my precious sister in JESUS' NAME.
Good morning.
Firstly, GOD may want you to get married to a man who is not a Christian so that you will make him a Christian and save his soul. With GOD all things are possible and HE walks in a we many don't expect. So don't limit yourself only to a Christian man.

Secondly, pray and ask GOD to make you meet all those HE has destined you to meet in everyday of your life and let none of them pass you by. Among them, your husband is there. If some of those whom GOD has destined you to meet pass you by, your husband may be among those who has passed you by. That's why you need to pray and ask GOD let none of them pass you by, and let you meet everyone whom HE has destined you to meet in everyday of your life.

Finally, what you are looking is just around you but you have to remove your focus on yourself and the things around you and on focuses on JESUS CHRIST that is focus on HIS WORD. Don't under look anyone you meet but treat all people you meet with love and care. Show love and compassion to those you meet everyday no matter who they are. Have care and concern about those you meet. Do this and see what happen. Please read the message I posted here on CC titled "Received Them" it will blessed you a lot and open your eyes in some areas of your life you have not think off.
Thanks
JESUS IS LORD.

Anyone know where to meet a good Christian man? My Church offers absolutely nothing for Christian singles. I've tried dating sites and nothing; I've tried going out looking for friends NOTHING. Can anyone suggest anything?

T

Tinuviel

Firstly, GOD may want you to get married to a man who is not a Christian so that you will make him a Christian and save his soul. With GOD all things are possible and HE walks in a we many don't expect. So don't limit yourself only to a Christian man.
Normally, I agree with most of what you say. Even more so than others here on CC. You seem to be really serious about your Christian walk and growing in the Lord. This particular bit of advice took my breath. Nowhere in the Bible does ever mention any kind of alliance of this sort as good and holy, and it seems to me that it rather explicitly warns against it. With all due respect and love for you as a brother in the Lord, I think that this is terrible advice, both Biblically and emotionally/spiritually/mentally.

Last edited by a moderator:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
It’s the 3rd time in the past week or 2 I see someone post the same idea of marrying a non-believer.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
If I just wanted someone to clean my toilet..... no need to marry the unbelievers.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
My dear precious sister, Good morning.
GOD our LOVELY FATHER is Wonderful and HE does things in a way many don't expect at all. Let me tell you a little testimony about a Daughter of GOD. Who loves GOD. This lady has prayed to GOD for a husband and the way GOD answered her she never expected it to be that way.

On one of her birthday parties, she invited her friends and they also invited their own friends for the birthday. So on the party, there was a guy sitting sad on a table because there was no alcohol in the party. So this guy was sad and angry why his friend has brought him in this birthday party where there are no alcoholic drinks. However, this Godly lady who is a Christian never invited this guy in her party but her friends invited him. As she was moving around observing her guests and greeting them, she observed that this guy was sad and she moved closer to him and asked him why he was sad and the guy said to her that he was said “because there is no alcohol in the party”. And this lady (the owner of the party) said to him, "I'm sorry, I don't put alcoholic drinks in my party." However, this lady sat down with this guy discussing with him with love and care and the lady took the phone number of the guy. After the party, she called the guy and asked about his trip back home. On Sunday, she called the guy and asked if she can pick him up to church. And the guy tried to refuse but she insisted and the guy finally accepted her request. She drove her car and picked him up and both of them went to the church. This guy hated church but because this lady treated her with love in her party and didn't ignored him during the party, he accepted her request to go to church with her that day.

To cut the story short, this guy was delivered in the church from some evil spirit in him. When, he was delivered, he decided to get married and he went to this lady who has led him to CHRIST to be his glorious wife. The lady accepted his request and both of them got married, and the HOLY SPIRIT reminded her of her prayer for a husband and how GOD brought him to her in a way she never expected. Both her and her husband came to the Church and testified all these. They are joyful married. GOD'S is Good all the time and all the time GOD is Good.

GOD is so wonderful and he walks in a way many don't expect. GOD has answered the prayers of many but they have rejected GOD’S answer for them because they reject people and discriminate. Because they want GOD to answer them in their own ways and not HIS. They don't treat people with Love. They have abandon love. If this lady had rejected that guy in her party because he was not a Christian and was angry that there was no alcohol in the party, she would have being thinking that GOD hasn't answered her prayer or she may still be waiting for the answer of her prayer for a husband. This is what is happening to many Christians today who want to get married ( or who need a new job, a house etc) and has prayed for it. GOD has answered them and bring their husband/wives to them in a way they never expect and they rejected them.

My dear precious sister, for it is written, “Wife, how do you know whether you will save your husband? Husband, how do you know whether you will save your wife? (1 Corinthians 7:16).” Also Joseph the son of Jacob got married to the daughter of Pharaoh who as not a child of GOD (Genesis 41:45).
Finally, what I said in the first post and now is simple this that “ Let us allow GOD to work in our lives as HE Wills because HE does things in a way many never expect or think off.”
Thanks.
JESUS IS LORD.

Normally, I agree with most of what you say. Even more so than others here on CC. You seem to be really serious about your Christian walk and growing in the Lord. This particular bit of advice took my breath. Nowhere in the Bible does ever mention any kind of alliance of this sort as good and holy, and it seems to me that it rather explicitly warns against it. With all due respect and love for you as a brother in the Lord, I think that this is terrible advice, both Biblically and emotionally/spiritually/mentally.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
It’s the 3rd time in the past week or 2 I see someone post the same idea of marrying a non-believer.

My Wonderful and Lovely Dad got married to my Lovely and Wonderful Mom who was not a Christian. So when I and my joyful siblings were growing up, my Lovely Mom will some times join us go to Church and many times she will not go at all. Thanks be to GOD in the year 2011 my lovely and so precious Mom accepted JESUS and got Baptized.
Before my Lovely Mother got Baptized, she and my Dad has been married for more than 37 years.
And my precious Dad and Mom are married now for more than 45 years.
For it is written “Wife, how do you know whether you will save your husband? Husband, how do you know whether you will save your wife? (1 Corinthians 7:16).”

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Flirt to convert" is so unbiblical that it is actually ANTIbiblical. There is time-tested chapter and verse on this one.

Sorry GOP, gonna have to disagree with you.

T

Tinuviel

That's a lovely story! I wish I was as compassionate and loving always as the lady you mentioned. I absolutely agree that we should show Christian love to everyone, and that's a great illustration of that. The story of your parents was really fun to hear as well. God is great! However, you avoided the point, which is that the Bible doesn't call marriage to a non-believer good. Ever. It doesn't say it about Joseph, either, although God allowed and blessed that marriage for Joseph's sake.

The Bible makes it quite clear that believers should not marry unbelievers. The verse you quoted is slightly out of context for the Singles Forum. It is talking about people who are already married. There are many passages that--when talking to unmarried people who are looking for a spouse--forbid marrying unbelievers. Like later on in the chapter you quoted: (verse 39) "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."

Or in II Corinthians 6:14-18: "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.”And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”"

My dear precious sister, Good morning.
GOD our LOVELY FATHER is Wonderful and HE does things in a way many don't expect at all. Let me tell you a little testimony about a Daughter of GOD. Who loves GOD. This lady has prayed to GOD for a husband and the way GOD answered her she never expected it to be that way.

On one of her birthday parties, she invited her friends and they also invited their own friends for the birthday. So on the party, there was a guy sitting sad on a table because there was no alcohol in the party. So this guy was sad and angry why his friend has brought him in this birthday party where there are no alcoholic drinks. However, this Godly lady who is a Christian never invited this guy in her party but her friends invited him. As she was moving around observing her guests and greeting them, she observed that this guy was sad and she moved closer to him and asked him why he was sad and the guy said to her that he was said “because there is no alcohol in the party”. And this lady (the owner of the party) said to him, "I'm sorry, I don't put alcoholic drinks in my party." However, this lady sat down with this guy discussing with him with love and care and the lady took the phone number of the guy. After the party, she called the guy and asked about his trip back home. On Sunday, she called the guy and asked if she can pick him up to church. And the guy tried to refuse but she insisted and the guy finally accepted her request. She drove her car and picked him up and both of them went to the church. This guy hated church but because this lady treated her with love in her party and didn't ignored him during the party, he accepted her request to go to church with her that day.

To cut the story short, this guy was delivered in the church from some evil spirit in him. When, he was delivered, he decided to get married and he went to this lady who has led him to CHRIST to be his glorious wife. The lady accepted his request and both of them got married, and the HOLY SPIRIT reminded her of her prayer for a husband and how GOD brought him to her in a way she never expected. Both her and her husband came to the Church and testified all these. They are joyful married. GOD'S is Good all the time and all the time GOD is Good.

GOD is so wonderful and he walks in a way many don't expect. GOD has answered the prayers of many but they have rejected GOD’S answer for them because they reject people and discriminate. Because they want GOD to answer them in their own ways and not HIS. They don't treat people with Love. They have abandon love. If this lady had rejected that guy in her party because he was not a Christian and was angry that there was no alcohol in the party, she would have being thinking that GOD hasn't answered her prayer or she may still be waiting for the answer of her prayer for a husband. This is what is happening to many Christians today who want to get married ( or who need a new job, a house etc) and has prayed for it. GOD has answered them and bring their husband/wives to them in a way they never expect and they rejected them.

My dear precious sister, for it is written, “Wife, how do you know whether you will save your husband? Husband, how do you know whether you will save your wife? (1 Corinthians 7:16).” Also Joseph the son of Jacob got married to the daughter of Pharaoh who as not a child of GOD (Genesis 41:45).
Finally, what I said in the first post and now is simple this that “ Let us allow GOD to work in our lives as HE Wills because HE does things in a way many never expect or think off.”
Thanks.
JESUS IS LORD.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
My dear precious sister, I have a question for you:
- If GOD our HOLY FATHER wants to use you as an instrument to save the life of an unbeliever through marriage to him, how will you know?

As I said, "GOD our FAITHFUL FATHER walks in away many don't expect."

That's a lovely story! I wish I was as compassionate and loving always as the lady you mentioned. I absolutely agree that we should show Christian love to everyone, and that's a great illustration of that. The story of your parents was really fun to hear as well. God is great! However, you avoided the point, which is that the Bible doesn't call marriage to a non-believer good. Ever. It doesn't say it about Joseph, either, although God allowed and blessed that marriage for Joseph's sake.

The Bible makes it quite clear that believers should not marry unbelievers. The verse you quoted is slightly out of context for the Singles Forum. It is talking about people who are already married. There are many passages that--when talking to unmarried people who are looking for a spouse--forbid marrying unbelievers. Like later on in the chapter you quoted: (verse 39) "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."

Or in II Corinthians 6:14-18: "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.”And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”"

T

Tinuviel

I already know he doesn't want me to do that. He has said so in His word, the Bible. I agree that He moves in unexpected ways, but He is also unchanging and He will never change His mind about what He has revealed in the Bible. If you'd like to change my mind about that, it is going to have to be through scripture.

My dear precious sister, I have a question for you:
- If GOD our HOLY FATHER wants to use you as an instrument to save the life of an unbeliever through marriage to him, how will you know?

As I said, "GOD our FAITHFUL FATHER walks in away many don't expect."

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
"Flirt to convert" is so unbiblical that it is actually ANTIbiblical. There is time-tested chapter and verse on this one.

Sorry GOP, gonna have to disagree with you.
Oh my precious brother, how are you today?
Good morning Sir.
Bro, you are always free to agree and disagree.

Please I have some questions for you my precious brother:
- Where you work are there not unbelievers? If there are unbelievers there, why are you working with them? Why don't you leave them and go and work where there are believers only?

As I said, "GOD ALMIGHTY our GRACIOUS FATHER walks in a wonderful way many don't expect".

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
You are blessed. I love what you say, "but He is also unchanging and He will never change His mind about what He has revealed in the Bible. If you'd like to change my mind about that, it is going to have to be through scripture."--- I love what you said because anything contrary to GOD'S WORD is absolutely wrong and it is an evil. Anything contrary to GOD'S WORD is evil no matter where it comes from.
JESUS IS LORD.

I already know he doesn't want me to do that. He has said so in His word, the Bible. I agree that He moves in unexpected ways, but He is also unchanging and He will never change His mind about what He has revealed in the Bible. If you'd like to change my mind about that, it is going to have to be through scripture.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
My dear precious sister, let me say this first before I move forward with the message. It is not advisable to get married to an unbeliever because he/she may make you renounce your believed in CHRIST JESUS. He/she may also keep you away from the LORD especially if you are still a baby Christian and you are not strong in the LORD. And he/she may make you to live in sin.

Now come to the issue.
For it is written, "If any one thinks that he is not behaving proper toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry-it is not a sin (1 Corinthians 7:36)." And here the betrothed may be a believer or an unbeliever.

If we doubt anything, we should always ask the HOLY SPIRIT and HE will answer us. For the LORD loves us so much.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh my precious brother, how are you today?
Good morning Sir.
Bro, you are always free to agree and disagree.

Please I have some questions for you my precious brother:
- Where you work are there not unbelievers? If there are unbelievers there, why are you working with them? Why don't you leave them and go and work where there are believers only?

As I said, "GOD ALMIGHTY our GRACIOUS FATHER walks in a wonderful way many don't expect".
That is like saying "You will drink a glass of water, so why do you not live at the bottom of the ocean?" Working at a job with a few unbelievers is MASSIVELY different from marrying an unbeliever.

And I notice that although you flattered Tinuviel, you have not yet supplied the requested scripture that counteracts scripture about not marrying an unbeliever.

T

Tinuviel

My dear precious sister, let me say this first before I move forward with the message. It is not advisable to get married to an unbeliever because he/she may make you renounce your believed in CHRIST JESUS. He/she may also keep you away from the LORD especially if you are still a baby Christian and you are not strong in the LORD. And he/she may make you to live in sin.

Now come to the issue.
For it is written, "If any one thinks that he is not behaving proper toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry-it is not a sin (1 Corinthians 7:36)." And here the betrothed may be a believer or an unbeliever.

If we doubt anything, we should always ask the HOLY SPIRIT and HE will answer us. For the LORD loves us so much.
Betrothal at the time was basically like marriage except that you weren't living with the person. This passage isn't talking about singles, either. Not in the way we would use the term "single" today, anyway.