Where was Jesus for the three days between his death and resurrection?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
1 Cor 15:
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

If there is no future rapture or resurrection, all those who have died, including believers, are gone.
however there is hope, therefore those who have fallen asleep are not annihilated.

this passage disproves your position.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Oy. So being with someone somewhere means they must be awake? Wow. I guess you have never slept with anyone .:rolleyes:

1 Corinthians 15:17-18 plus 1 Thessalonians 4:14
If that's all you've got you are in trouble lady.
I have already won my case. It's over already.

Dec 21, 2020
Then Lazarus did not cease to exist, but the body of Lazarus was separated from Lazarus and then reunited.

Otherwise only a new creation was created and given lying memories of Lazarus and deceived into believing it was Lazarus.
No, Lazarus had died, and was dead. Jesus Christ raised him from the dead. He was the same person after he was raised.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Then Lazarus did not cease to exist, but the body of Lazarus was separated from Lazarus and then reunited.

Otherwise only a new creation was created and given lying memories of Lazarus and deceived into believing it was Lazarus.
Why do you keep bringing non-existence following the first death into the conversation? .:unsure:

Dec 21, 2020
however there is hope, therefore those who have fallen asleep are not annihilated.

this passage disproves your position.
People who have died are dead. They will be raised from the dead when Christ returns. If they are not raised from the dead, they have perished. Gone.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Man, this place is about as Wild West as the nightmare I fled from. Is there any way to throw a white flag, and maybe start this thread over? Lol
Yes, and I think, you just did it.

We are all. passionate about our beliefs and we are all on need of learning gentleness with each other at the same time we passionately give answers for what we believe.

Not easy lol

welcome, and..

@VARob no offense meant I am defending the theological position that I think is correct. I'll continue - and again no offense personally I just think your position is incorrect and indefensible hahaha

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If that's all you've got you are in trouble lady.
You're funny. But, since you deny what Scripture explicitly states in plain English
(as opposed to apocryphal highly symbolic language), you will never "win."

What you do in fact is repeat the lie of Satan at the heart of the fall of man and corruption of all creation.

Dec 21, 2020
@VARob no offense meant I am defending the theological position that I think is correct. I'll continue - and again no offense personally I just think your position is incorrect and indefensible hahaha
Right back atcha, PH. :)

'nite

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
Too much of this around here. In two days I've seen no less than three people use this approach.

"Case closed. End of argument. You can't respond anymore because I won. Now go wallow in your corner," LoL. Very difficult to argue with such a powerful, well-reasoned out rebuttal. :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Why do you keep bringing non-existence following the first death into the conversation? .:unsure:
Because if I understood him correctly, @VARob expressed the belief that we are utterly annihilated upon physical death and cease to exist. in the last week I've seen the same view put forth at least twice, too.

I don't believe we cease to exist when our body dies - not us nor any other animal in which is the breath of the Spirit of life. I do believe of course that God has power to utterly annihilate a soul, after physical death in the 'second death' but I am not so sure He does it.

of note,

Matthew 10:28
do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Clearly destroying the body is not equivalent to destroying the soul.

=]

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
You don't even know what my "pretentions" are, LoL.

Man, this place is about as Wild West as the nightmare I fled from. Is there any way to throw a white flag, and maybe start this thread over? Lol.
Of course I do. As regards your faulty take on 1Pet 3:19-20.
I will kindly considered the white flag you offer and take this victory thank you very much.

Same goes for Majenta. When will she realize that a string of defeats is not meritorious?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Clearly.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I will kindly considered the white flag you offer and take this victory thank you very much.

Same goes for Majenta. When will she realize that a string of defeats is not meritorious?
Like you claiming a grown man was a little kid and refusing adamantly and repeatedly to admit
it; you have very little credibility, especially when you pound your chest and crow like a rooster
.:giggle:

Mem

Sep 23, 2014

You would do great in the "The last person to post wins" thread.

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021
Of course I do.
Ok, then give me MY exegesis of 1 Peter 1:17-22, since you're apparently not going to be giving me yours anytime soon, Lol.

(Note to self: Biblical discussions with CV5 may unfortunately be an utter and complete waste of time, Lol)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Ok, then give me MY exegesis of 1 Peter 1:17-22, since you're apparently not going to be giving me yours anytime soon, Lol.

(Note to self: Biblical discussions with CV5 may unfortunately be an utter and complete waste of time, Lol)
he's a smart guy with no small amount of knowledge; give him grace

@cv5 my prayer is that you also be kind =]

none of us came here to turn brothers and sisters into enemies :coffee: