Where's the love?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JustAnotherUser
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JustAnotherUser

Guest
Christians talking about this 'love' that Christ has and has sacrificed his life for, that one must follow everything to the best of their knowledge and go through life being a good person, giving in a good word or two towards other people. But I have to ask... Where's the LOVE?

No, not the love of saying God Bless and giving in a scripture before it. I mean the love that Christians are 'supposed' to be displaying for the people that may in fact need some sort of support on the matter, religious or not.

I've noticed many would try and act like they know everything. I don't care if you know the bible from cover to cover, didn't Jesus say that the ultimate rule to live by is to LOVE? And yes, scripture has that and that's one thing I know at least, but it looks like many who claim to be hardcore Christians give anything BUT that.

I understand a lot has to do with the upbringings and perhaps even cultural differences as to how they define their Christian ways and living, but it's all the same that I'm pretty sure is universal no matter what stage we're in, there's a lot of lack when it comes to loving others... Isn't that what we're here for? To love and be loved?

I'm going to say right now that I'm probably one of the last when it comes to this, but I'm saying this for the sake of what I'm pretty sure many others whether if they're Christian, looking into Christianity or whatever are thinking. If you want people to be drawn in while giving them their free will then at least have open arms for them rather than to have a shield up for whenever there's uncertainty on their part. It's wondered why many do get drawn away because they don't get their answers other than being told to back off. But you're the very first to have that person become damned...

I'm scared to even question further than what I can honestly say or maybe even lack of when it comes to believing or not. I know the very reactions people would give if not having me banned on this site. From what I've seen lately, I think the people I'm encountering are facing a very similar thing if not the same thing. I can only hope that they'll take a reasonable route if they truly are wanting to commit and believe and have their answers given other than having doors slammed in their faces... If this is your idea of love then I don't think I want to be apart of it.

Sincerely yours,
JustAnotherUser