Which gospel should I believe to be saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Nothing is impossible for our Father. If Abraham saw Jesus, then he must have been given all understanding of Him.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
This is quite interesting. Honestly, I've never put a lot of thought or study into it.

Could these verses fit in with it? We have Jesus saying that Abraham rejoiced to see his day and he saw it and was glad.

John 8
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Amen! in the translation of 'hemera,' 2250 in Strong's concordance, or "day," Thayer's Greek Lexicon explains John 8:56 as saying, "the time when I should appear among men as Messiah."

Mar 4, 2020
Amen! in the translation of 'hemera,' 2250 in Strong's concordance, or "day," Thayer's Greek Lexicon explains John 8:56 as saying, "the time when I should appear among men as Messiah."
That's what I was thinking too.

Aug 2, 2021
Nothing is impossible for our Father. If Abraham saw Jesus, then he must have been given all understanding of Him.
Lets see now - the LORD calls Abraham to leave his country/kin so that God may make him into many nations.
God says the 'many nations' will come from His Promise and then after 25 years, or more, after Sarah is beyond birth giving years, God keeps His Promise and Sarah is pregnant - boom - out comes Isaac.
Now when Isaac is of age (20 -33 years estimated) God tells him to sacrifice his only son = the son of Promise.
Then God provides the sacrifice - so a clear sacrifice was made, both figuratively and actually.

YEAH, i say that God gave Abraham the 'Insiders Edge' on the Path to Heaven = the Coming of Messiah who would die for us.

Just as our Sister in Christ pointed out(Post 135): "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Yes posting scriptures is good but I was merely warning you I have not seen it do a lot of good as everyone is right in their own minds few are mature enough to be in strong debates.

The reason we don't throw our pearls to the swine is specifically because of how hard it is to reach people.
I am not saying you are guilty of anything I was just pointing out that it was a losing battle meaning sometimes we just have to accept that some cannot be reached because they are not ready.
Now personally I do have an issue you calling Pauls gospel even he always called it the gospel of Jesus Christ or the testimony of Jesus Christ, all the apostles preached the same gospel it was never under anyone elses name than the name of Christ.

There is but one gospel and it isn't Pauls
I disagree with your statements in the light of the scriptures.
If the apostle Paul had that excuse that people " are not ready" Everyone is ready, but not everyone will believe when the gospel is heard. Some hear the gospel many times and believe later on in life. Some never believe it.
Your statement about Paul's gospel. Paul writes " the gospel of God" " the gospel of Christ" " my gospel".

Rom_15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom_2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Does it really matter. Paul was given this gospel to give to us, and you need to believe it to be saved, that is my point.
Your last statement in saying the apostles preached the same gospel, they did not know the gospel given to Paul.
Paul was the first to hear it and believe it.
1Ti_1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
To get back to your own salvation is more important. What gospel are you trusting for salvation.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Lets see now - the LORD calls Abraham to leave his country/kin so that God may make him into many nations.
God says the 'many nations' will come from His Promise and then after 25 years, or more, after Sarah is beyond birth giving years, God keeps His Promise and Sarah is pregnant - boom - out comes Isaac.
Now when Isaac is of age (20 -33 years estimated) God tells him to sacrifice his only son = the son of Promise.
Then God provides the sacrifice - so a clear sacrifice was made, both figuratively and actually.

YEAH, i say that God gave Abraham the 'Insiders Edge' on the Path to Heaven = the Coming of Messiah who would die for us.

Just as our Sister in Christ pointed out(Post 135): "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”
I disagree with your statements in the light of the scriptures.
If the apostle Paul had that excuse that people " are not ready" Everyone is ready, but not everyone will believe when the gospel is heard. Some hear the gospel many times and believe later on in life. Some never believe it.
Your statement about Paul's gospel. Paul writes " the gospel of God" " the gospel of Christ" " my gospel".

Rom_15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom_2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Does it really matter. Paul was given this gospel to give to us, and you need to believe it to be saved, that is my point.
Your last statement in saying the apostles preached the same gospel, they did not know the gospel given to Paul.
Paul was the first to hear it and believe it.
1Ti_1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
To get back to your own salvation is more important. What gospel are you trusting for salvation.
Yes granted you are correct some hear it many times but only believe it later on some hear it and never believe it and some accept it as it is heard but the ones who hear it and believe it later the exactly like when the seeds were planted on rocky soil sprouted but then withered away. This is because the soil was not ready to be planted the soil represents our hearts and if our hearts are not yet ready to recieve his seed of salvation it will only sprout and whither so I would disagreee on your premise that it is an excuse of not being ready because any good farmer would understand ther soil has to be ready to recieve the seed first then you plant it.

From what I understand and I could be wrong you are preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ which is good but when it is called Pauls gospel it irks me because he may have preached the gospel but it is Jesus's gospel and his alone you can preach the word of God to millions of people but the word is still God's just because your given the bible doesn't mean it is yours nor should your name be likened to it it is the word of God nothing else and belongs to no one else.

As far as which gospel I believe for my salvation I wasn't given or taught any gospel except Jesus died and rose again for our slvation however like many though I went to church sometimes growing up heard the gospel my soil was not yet ready to accept his seed. When I came to him I came to him as a small child I didn't overcomplicate things by trying to figure out which gospel to believe I just came to him himself with a meek and broken heart. My salvation from then on to this day is not about which gospel to believe my relationship, my adoration my affection for him is all I know I want to seek to know the inner most depths of his heart to know his personality his traits his laughter his way of seeing and thinking I hunger for it I crave it and that hunger drives me to seek him all the more and to intensify and deepen the love and bond between him and I. That is the gospel I believe in one of love of intimacy one that drives the small child to chase after his heart like a game of hide and seek.

That was the entire purpose of the gospel to begin with, it is about more than just salvation he wants a deep personal and intimate relationship with us anyone can hear the gospel and even believe in it but I believe that one who knows that hunger and that deep desire to have a much more intimate relationship with him has the gospel written on their hearts they don't overthink it or overcomplicate it they only know to follow their hearts

Aug 2, 2021
Yes granted you are correct some hear it many times but only believe it later on some hear it and never believe it and some accept it as it is heard but the ones who hear it and believe it later the exactly like when the seeds were planted on rocky soil sprouted but then withered away. This is because the soil was not ready to be planted the soil represents our hearts and if our hearts are not yet ready to recieve his seed of salvation it will only sprout and whither so I would disagreee on your premise that it is an excuse of not being ready because any good farmer would understand ther soil has to be ready to recieve the seed first then you plant it.

From what I understand and I could be wrong you are preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ which is good but when it is called Pauls gospel it irks me because he may have preached the gospel but it is Jesus's gospel and his alone you can preach the word of God to millions of people but the word is still God's just because your given the bible doesn't mean it is yours nor should your name be likened to it it is the word of God nothing else and belongs to no one else.

As far as which gospel I believe for my salvation I wasn't given or taught any gospel except Jesus died and rose again for our slvation however like many though I went to church sometimes growing up heard the gospel my soil was not yet ready to accept his seed. When I came to him I came to him as a small child I didn't overcomplicate things by trying to figure out which gospel to believe I just came to him himself with a meek and broken heart. My salvation from then on to this day is not about which gospel to believe my relationship, my adoration my affection for him is all I know I want to seek to know the inner most depths of his heart to know his personality his traits his laughter his way of seeing and thinking I hunger for it I crave it and that hunger drives me to seek him all the more and to intensify and deepen the love and bond between him and I. That is the gospel I believe in one of love of intimacy one that drives the small child to chase after his heart like a game of hide and seek.

That was the entire purpose of the gospel to begin with, it is about more than just salvation he wants a deep personal and intimate relationship with us anyone can hear the gospel and even believe in it but I believe that one who knows that hunger and that deep desire to have a much more intimate relationship with him has the gospel written on their hearts they don't overthink it or overcomplicate it they only know to follow their hearts
SAME Gospel from Genesis to Revelation.
God is not the author of confusion.
His Word is a children's Book written for His Children.

and said, "Truly I say to you, if you are not converted and become as the little children, you shall never enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
Matt 18:3

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
SAME Gospel from Genesis to Revelation.
God is not the author of confusion.
His Word is a children's Book written for His Children.

and said, "Truly I say to you, if you are not converted and become as the little children, you shall never enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
Matt 18:3
exactly the very same gospel the one and only from beginning to end and we tend to over complicate things in our dissecting and studing of scripture creating many doctrines and gospels of our own when in fact that can be all well and good to a point as it is wise to study and understand scripture however those have a child like relationship with him have no need to overcomplicate it they are given the understanding not because they know all the verses like the back of their hands but because they simply love and adore him. seek love first and all else will be given to you. God treasures the child who showers him with affection their hearts beat in unison with his own.
No matter how old we get we are in his eyes mere children and this is a good thing because children are innocent in nature and belive easily they are able to have the kind of faith we can only dream of because they simply hear his words and believe it they read the scripture and receive it. It takes more than knowing scripture because if you cannot fully recieve it what profit is it to you?

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Please read 2Peter3. Peter was well aware of Paul's epistles. All of the apostles taught the same thing.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018

You are NOT trusting the gospel given to Paul by Christ. Go read it again 1 Corinthians 15:3,4.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You are NOT trusting the gospel given to Paul by Christ. Go read it again 1 Corinthians 15:3,4.
I'm not going to argue with you about this I share a very close and intimate relationship with God I have told you I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ I have told you there is no other true gospel than that of Jesus Christ which is the one Paul preached because he always pointed to Christ and all I have said just falls on deaf ears

just because I follow the gospel of Jesus Christ which is the testament of Jesus Christ that which Paul constantly preached and not your version of the gospel you seem to only follow your own standards and teachings I have yet to see you be reasoned with by anyone let alone show any capability of learning from others so I am just going to shake the dust off my feet and walk away you can do as you please

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
There is more than one gospel in the Bible.

The gospel God preached to Abraham.

Gal_3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal_3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

The gospel of the Kingdom.

Mat_4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

The everlasting gospel.

Rev_14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Obviously we don't know the everlasting gospel because it is a future gospel.

And the gospel Paul preached.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Obviously all of the gospels are different.

God was dispensing his grace at different times to different peoples.

Abraham at that time was given the gospel " In thee shall all nations be blessed ".

Rom_4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

God was proclaiming the gospel to the Jewish Nation through Abraham.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Israel was promised their kingdom of heaven would come to this earth.

Most of Israel did not accept Christ as their Messiah and her kingdom gospel that was preached by the Lord Jesus Christ.

The gospel Jesus preached is not our gospel.

We are not Israel.
We are not Gentiles.

Rom 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
Rom 15:10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
Rom 15:11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
Rom 15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Anyone who is not saved is lost, Paul when he got saved was sent to the Heathens.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Paul was given the gospel by Christ to give to us.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

This is the gospel you must believe to be saved.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Thanks for those verses about the gospel. I see the gospel as being the entire Bible. There are lots of adjectives that are used to describe an apple; red apple, delicious apple, seed-bearing apple, ripe apple, etc. But it is the same apple, just more understood once we consider its attributes. So with the good news, the gospel. The gospel is eternal, it is from God, it is from Christ, it pertaining to the kingdom of God, etc. But it is one gospel, just as the Bible is one book put together by inspiration of the Holy Spirit.