Which gospel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 2, 2019
Pray the prayer of the sinner:

Luke 18:13 NIV
‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

Nobody in their natural selves can do God's will. All humans become slaves to sin and can't stop. And so all are condemned for the sin they commit but can't stop doing. That's why we need salvation.

God's been waiting for you to acknowledge this. He already knows that you are a slave to sin. Now you know it. Now ask him to have mercy on you, a sinner unable to stop sinning. He'll answer your prayer and save you from the penalty of the sins you've committed and set you free from the slavery of those sins. He will give you his Holy Spirit and enable you to live for him and train you to live in a new life of living in freedom from sin.

You're right where God wants you right now--lost in sin and unable to help yourself. Reach out in faith and call out to him and he will save you and you will find the life you're looking for. That's his promise to you. Have faith in that promise by confessing your sin and your inability to stop sinning right now and he will give you the life you seek.

God, draw this person to yourself, forgive his sin and fill him with the life that only Jesus can give.
The fact is that I have prayed that prayer multiple times, many a times weeping and bawling asking Him to change me and that if He doesn't He must rather let me die.

Nov 16, 2019
The fact is that I have prayed that prayer multiple times, many a times weeping and bawling asking Him to change me and that if He doesn't He must rather let me die.
I knew a person like this. Their problem was they did not think God was fair in condemning people for their sin and did not think they were ultimately responsible for their sin. And so God's forgiveness didn't mean anything to them.

They didn't want to go to hell but they couldn't get over the hurdle of honestly taking ownership and responsibility for their sin. They knew they sinned and didn't want to go to hell and asked for salvation. But they just always thought that God was unfair and that it wasn't right that they had to accept ownership of their sin. They did not grow because of that attitude.

I'm not saying that's what your issue is. I'm putting it out there for consideration in case it is or there's something useful in it for you.

Oct 2, 2019
"Their problem was they did not think God was fair in condemning people for their sin and did not think they were ultimately responsible for their sin. And so God's forgiveness didn't mean anything to them. "
That was nicely put.
I guess my image of who God is has got distorted. I guess I blame Him for allowing confusion and for allowing satan to test us until we get fried and fed up and give in, I guess I am fighting God. I think I do not know Him nor the intents of His heart.

Oct 2, 2019
So who is God and why does He hide from me when I try to seek Him?, why when I try to understand Him , the enemy rages on making me wonder, why do some of the word's I read through in the Bible seem as though they speak to me that God really doesn't care for me though He speak of mountains He can move, sparrows or the prodigal son, why do I get terrified at times , why do I think that He does not understand mankind, He is not fully here, why does my heart search itself to see and try to figure out my intents and never understand it aptly, why at times I do not have answers to justify faith and know for certain it isn't madness.

Oct 2, 2019
Maybe I have not understood anything about God except that I know He has been helping me all along in all my struggles, I haven't understood His heart though from experience I can say He has never forsaken me. I mean....some things don't make sense at all to me, this world doesn't seem home and I wish I would go home.

E

eternally-gratefull

I feel too young to intervene in this discussion but I have a question - how do I ...uhm...I guess I have to say that I believe that God is sovereign and He has got me in the palm of His hand. There are beautiful things in the Scriptures about God's love , that just needs to be balanced with something else because people acknowledge they are sinners and that God loves them but then they are horrified in their walk when they discover that they are unable to walk according to God's standards in this life leaving them utterly confused. They judge themselves at every point - i ain't doing this rightly , that rightly and for me personally - I fell into depression just by the knowledge that I was trying to be loving, kind and to do God's will and I couldn't. So as Jimbone puts it - God gives us the power. My question then is - how to access this power - by faith? What if there isn't no faith in the person...because I personally have experienced depression - it is a feeling which kinda speaks like - "what's the whole point of life?" , " why should I even be happy, it is futile" , it even crosses boundaries and comes into spritual aspects of thinking saying " what is there in this world and beyond it that will ever satisfy me, I don't feel anything, I won't be happy , this does not make sense" . All this makes the person ask and think what is the whole point of me having this FAITH..when I do not want (due to depression) anything from this world and beyond but to just disappear, just to die.
How can a person go beyond this? It is like battling against one of satan's strongest moves - almost like 'checkmate' ...what move does this person make..what does this person do?
Faith is not always perfect.

remember in the Bible when a man brought his child to be healed and the disciples could not do it.jesus asked if he had faith, the man said I believe help me with my unbelief

jesus healed anyway.

faith is grown by god. Not automatic.

its hard for many to come out of little faith to grow to great faith.

do you go to church if I may ask?

E

eternally-gratefull

Pray the prayer of the sinner:

Luke 18:13 NIV
‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

Nobody in their natural selves can do God's will. All humans become slaves to sin and can't stop. And so all are condemned for the sin they commit but can't stop doing. That's why we need salvation.

God's been waiting for you to acknowledge this. He already knows that you are a slave to sin. Now you know it. Now ask him to have mercy on you, a sinner unable to stop sinning. He'll answer your prayer and save you from the penalty of the sins you've committed and set you free from the slavery of those sins. He will give you his Holy Spirit and enable you to live for him and train you to live in a new life of living in freedom from sin.

You're right where God wants you right now--lost in sin and unable to help yourself. Reach out in faith and call out to him and he will save you and you will find the life you're looking for. That's his promise to you. Have faith in that promise by confessing your sin and your inability to stop sinning right now and he will give you the life you seek.

God, draw this person to yourself, forgive his sin and fill him with the life that only Jesus can give.
How do you know he is not saved?

wow

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Point is in the details. Everything was reconciled, the heavens and earth and all that's in them including stones and trees. Your false teaching says only a few people including yourself, were reconciled to God and now look down on others.
You don't say......

Romans 8:22 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
NOPE!

CAN'T mean that, cuz the text tells us they had NO oil. NOT, that they had some Holy Spirit, but ran out! Fine that you're here, but didn't you tell us you had to split? Also, you aren't faring any better than the NOT BY WORKS thread.
The text actually states that the foolish virgins' lamps were once burning and the supply was diminished when the bridegroom came for his bride:

"And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out." Matt 25:8

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Are there many who beiieve in Calvinism on this site? I was taught that Calvin is wrong. That Jesus died for ALL of us, not just a select few. If a select few were ALREADY SAVED, what was the purpose of the Cross, then? Calvin made God out to be a monster. If he already knew, then what is the purpose of being "saved". Anyone?
There's a lot of "preconceived notions" (aka gossip told long enough it transforms into fact) concerning John Calvin. Only some of it is earned.
There seems to be a certain amount of arrogance associated with Calvinists, and it stems from a "discipline" that is "learned" from (usually) trial and error practicing of?...Well? Take the parable of the 10 virgins for example. The 5 wise virgins knew, that if they were to give their oil to the 5 foolish virgins? That they themselves would not have sufficient oil in waiting for the bridegroom!
Much of Christendom believe what I just stated is false, as they believe and adhere to the notion that "the oil" is in "never ending" supply. That there is NO WAY their oil" will ever be "cut off!" (deception! on a grand scale!)
Behold the severity of God!
Romans 11
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; (this was concerning Israel)
but toward thee (gentiles), goodness, IF (see the condition set in place here?) thou continue in his goodness: OTHERWISE(?) thou also shalt be cut off.

THIS not only applies to love! But, ALL the "fruit of the Spirit!"

God loves His children! Yet, His "long term strategy" is not for His children in REMAINING children!

Isaiah 28
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the Lord (in the name of Jesus these days) with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear/revere the Lord, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
Hebrews 6
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ
(milk), let us go on unto perfection (maturity/meat); not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

These things cannot and will not happen should you be giving your oil to every "foolish virgin" (externally, but more importantly, INTERNALLY), that crosses yer path! Because yer oil "supply" WILL be "cut off!"

When yer oil has been "cut off?" THIS happens!:
Isaiah 28

13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Which puts you HERE!:
Matthew 5

25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. (cut off from the oil)
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Payment/s, are done like this!:
1 Peter 2

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (see? the God and Father of Jesus Christ are NOT "chopped liver", so to speak)

When THIS is not done "successfully?"
One is therefore FORCED into "ACCEPTING THIS!"
Isaiah 28

15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through (the day of the Lord, aka "tribulation"), it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Should these things be accomplished successfully enough in God's eyes?
Who is extremely slow to anger, when heading in the right direction?
Then THIS shall be one's reward!
Revelation 20
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Hopefully, this will help answer your question.
Because not everyone is so "willing", to "sacrifice" during this life in flesh, that which it takes in accomplishing these things.

.....and then there's these!
Jude

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

They want yer oil!

2 Thessalonians 2
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

He wants yer oil too!

1 John 4
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

This one is especially "crafty" in getting one to give "it" YOUR oil!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The text actually states that the foolish virgins' lamps were once burning and the supply was diminished when the bridegroom came for his bride:

"And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out." Matt 25:8
Nope. Doesn’t say ANYTHING about a “supply” YOU added that. You can take any oil lamp or tiki torch and light the wick and it will burn for a minute or so without any oil at all.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
You don't say......

Romans 8:22 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
...waiting for the children of God to be revealed. Not only so, but we ourselves wait....

Yet you say you and others have already been revealed. Fraud.

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com

True. This is not the world, this is the "Kingdom of Heaven". Virgins indicates they are pure. And yes, the only way an oil lamp functions is by oil.

In Mt. 7, when Jesus says that many will say to Him in that day, "Lord, Lord did we not"... do all those things in Your name, well, no one can even call Him Lord apart from the Holy Spirit, and those are not activities the world engages in, in the name of Jesus. And like Judas before them who had been sent out by Jesus to preach the Kingdom of Heaven, to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers and cast out demons, they ultimately did not do the will of the Father in Heaven and He will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"

This highlights how things have changed in 2 millennia. John the Baptist introduces Jesus in all 4 Gospels as the One who will baptize us with the Holy Spirit, and not as the One who will die for our sins. (see Mt.3:11, Mk.1:18, Lk.3:16, Jn.1:33) Dying for our sins was a means to an end. He took away the first, by which we had to keep coming back to Him for forgiveness b/c the sin problem was never dealt with finally, to establish the second, which is, "I have come to do Thy will, O God". When His Kingdom comes, His will is done, in each of our lives.

The Good News of the Kingdom of God has been missed and the "oil" is no longer essential to the daily functioning of countless millions of Christians. We have bodies so that we can present them back to Him as living sacrifices. As a consequence, our minds are renewed.

Paul stated his fear in 2 Cor. 11:3,4 that just as the serpent had deceived Eve so to our minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. "For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted - you may well put up with it!"

The different gospel is a gospel of licentiousness, Jude 4: Sloppy Agape. Jesus Christ is Head over all things for His true church, but not for the Harlot. Antichrist has no such requirements. The "another Jesus" is all love. Romans 11, no wild olive branch grafted in could ever be broken off according to antichrist. Under the mainstream "different gospel", no one crucifies the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Everyone is forgiven. But the word translated in our Bibles as "forgiven" in the Greek is "aphesis" which means freedom.

"Everyone who sins is a slave of sin and a slave does not have a permanent place in the household, but a son belongs to it forever. So, if the Son sets you free you will be free indeed." - Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Antichrist never says that. Check out 2 Timothy 2:19-21. There you see those who have a temporary place in the household contrasted with those who have been set free.

Everyone who names the name of the Lord must abstain from unrighteousness, and everything that does not come from faith is sin. The righteous live by faith. They do not lean on their own understanding but in 100% of their ways they acknowledge Him and He directs their path. They have an active relationship with Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit to the glory of God the Father.

When antichrist was my Jesus, and I was an average Christian, I was just doing my best, waiting to go to heaven. What did I need oil for?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Are there many who beiieve in Calvinism on this site? I was taught that Calvin is wrong. That Jesus died for ALL of us, not just a select few. If a select few were ALREADY SAVED, what was the purpose of the Cross, then? Calvin made God out to be a monster. If he already knew, then what is the purpose of being "saved". Anyone?
Not sure about Calvinism and who supports the idea here but from the scriptures, we know Christ died and reconciled all men to God, not only men but all creation (heavens and earth). This doesn't mean that all men are considered righteous at the end but those that continue to abide in Christ.

John 15:1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes a so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
So who is God and why does He hide from me when I try to seek Him?, why when I try to understand Him , the enemy rages on making me wonder, why do some of the word's I read through in the Bible seem as though they speak to me that God really doesn't care for me though He speak of mountains He can move, sparrows or the prodigal son, why do I get terrified at times , why do I think that He does not understand mankind, He is not fully here, why does my heart search itself to see and try to figure out my intents and never understand it aptly, why at times I do not have answers to justify faith and know for certain it isn't madness.
How come a child knows God better but they don't seem to seek God like we do? It is a humble and most pure heart with no hate toward anyone.

Psalm 8: 2From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise on account of Your adversaries, to silence the enemy and avenger.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
...waiting for the children of God to be revealed. Not only so, but we ourselves wait....

Yet you say you and others have already been revealed. Fraud.
Who's the REAL fraud pal? Sorry you don't think you are saved, maybe you aren't. I recommend you trust FULLY in Christ alone, and stop relying on YOU.

Romans 8:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 For WE WERE SAVED in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?

Catch that?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Who's the REAL fraud pal? Sorry you don't think you are saved, maybe you aren't. I recommend you trust FULLY in Christ alone, and stop relying on YOU.

24 For WE WERE SAVED in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?

Catch that?
24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Forever seeing but never perceiving.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Nope. Doesn’t say ANYTHING about a “supply” YOU added that. You can take any oil lamp or tiki torch and light the wick and it will burn for a minute or so without any oil at all.
See verse 25:7. Upon hearing the sound of the bridegroom's arrival all virgins trimmed their lamp wicks. This indicates that the lamps had been burning.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
See verse 25:7. Upon hearing the sound of the bridegroom's arrival all virgins trimmed their lamp wicks. This indicates that the lamps had been burning.
No it doesn't. That's simply YOUR interpretation. For the umpteenth time. The text ITSELF says they had NO OIL!

Why can't you simply accept that they had NO OIL, they had NO HOLY SPIRIT, they were NEVER saved to begin with.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

Catch that?
..Who hopes for what they already have??

Asking for Paul.